Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colt Brennan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Colt Brennan

    I really want Colt Brennan to be our franchise QB after Jeff Garcia. The guy can make all the throws and read coverages really well. What do you think the changes are Chucky drafting him in the first day maybe round 3 or 4? I want to know your opinons on Colt Brennan being a BUC.....Also where do you see are RB future next season if Carnell gets hurt again or can't be an every down back like Earnest can? Do you think he will Spell Earnest. I'm pretty sure Michael Bennent is going to be out of TB. How bout Felix Jones in 09 if he stays in ? Please give me your thoughts.
    Dolfan since 1979

  • #2
    Brennan won't last to our round three pick...I want us to pick him up in Round 2, where he can learn a pro offense for a year, then come in a be our QBotf

    As for our RB situaion...I look for us to make a splash in free agency this year, or draft a RB in the later rounds. The crop of RB's isn't really that great this year, so if we do draft another top notch running back, I look for it to be next year.
    Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

    Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
    Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
    A fan of the USF Bulls

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SpinaMan View Post
      I really want Colt Brennan to be our franchise QB after Jeff Garcia. The guy can make all the throws and read coverages really well. What do you think the changes are Chucky drafting him in the first day maybe round 3 or 4? I want to know your opinons on Colt Brennan being a BUC.....Also where do you see are RB future next season if Carnell gets hurt again or can't be an every down back like Earnest can? Do you think he will Spell Earnest. I'm pretty sure Michael Bennent is going to be out of TB. How bout Felix Jones in 09 if he stays in ? Please give me your thoughts.
      If he lasts that long...A lot of GMs are rating him as the top QB.

      Comment


      • #4
        I really want Brennan. He's probably tops on my list. I think his status is going to rise high enough to justify using our first-rounder on him.

        bonekrusher on the sig magic
        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

        Comment


        • #5
          I would definitely contemplate drafting Brennan but personally wouldn't use any pick within the first 2 rounds on him. If he slips a little great, but if not I won't be disappointed at all.

          As for the RB situation, it is nowhere near as bad as people think. Earnest Graham is our safety net at this stage; he can do anything we require. Cadillac should be back by next season and still has plenty to offer the team. Add Pittman and Bennett into the mix and the RB situation should be pretty sweet for at least 2 more years.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think yall might have to get him in the 1st if he has a good senior bowl



            Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
              I really want Brennan. He's probably tops on my list. I think his status is going to rise high enough to justify using our first-rounder on him.
              Is he valuable enough to warrant a first round pick? Definitely.

              Do we need a QB so badly that we should draft him ahead of our other needs like WR, CB, DL, etc? No way.

              I'd love to have Brennan as my QB but Gruden doesn't like drafting QBs early, nor does he like developing them. McCown is already almost two seasons into his development and he looks fine as our future quarterback. Garcia isn't retiring yet and Gruden hasn't given up on Grads so there's a full QB lineup already. We won't be drafting a QB this year unless that changes, mark it down.

              I love our RB situation. Graham is the perfect runner to complement our team styles. We take care of the football and burn the clock, and Graham picks up the consistent yardage to make that happen. At this point Caddy is a bonus. He won't be forced back into play and he will be able to ease himself back into the offense. Pittman is dead weight at this point. He's overpaid, injured and ineffective. I wouldn't mind keeping Bennett because he's a good change-of-pace on 3rd and longish. That leaves us with another spot for competition, which I think could be filled through a second-day draft steal.

              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by etk View Post
                and Gruden hasn't given up on Grads
                Thats the scariest thing I have read in a long time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by YoJoeBucsFan View Post
                  Thats the scariest thing I have read in a long time.
                  Yeah, it's scary, but it's also true. Gruden says nothing but good things for Grads, and you know Gruden won't give up on his own personal pet project at QB. He won't admit failure in drafting him.

                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Does anyone think that if Chucky gets a contract extension it increases the possibility of him drafting a QB this season rather than waiting?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Not at all. I think it's the opposite. Chucky hates drafting QBs and does a fine job of turning journeymen into starters. Why would he change his patterns now? Garcia is still 1-2 years away from retirement, while McCown is a potential option and Grads is not getting cut. We're not drafting a QB unless something changes from that scenario. We will probably bring in a UDFA, hopefully Paul Smith, to compete in training camp. Same as last year with Zac Taylor.

                      If, by some crazy circumstance, Gruden was fired and replaced, we would be a lock to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds.

                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by etk View Post
                        Not at all. I think it's the opposite. Chucky hates drafting QBs and does a fine job of turning journeymen into starters. Why would he change his patterns now? Garcia is still 1-2 years away from retirement, while McCown is a potential option and Grads is not getting cut. We're not drafting a QB unless something changes from that scenario. We will probably bring in a UDFA, hopefully Paul Smith, to compete in training camp. Same as last year with Zac Taylor.

                        If, by some crazy circumstance, Gruden was fired and replaced, we would be a lock to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds.
                        I was kind of cheering for Zac Taylor last TC. I knew he had no shot but cheering for the underdog is fun (See Chas Gessner).

                        I share a similar view to you etk in that I don't want to draft a QB in unnecessary circumstances. If the value is there and the team feels they can grab a guy who can replace Garcia in 12 months then I'm fine with it. But if there are other players on the board at separate positions of need who have a high value, we should look at them.

                        It's not like Garcia and McCown can't man the ship for another season anyway.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Etk, you seem to be wrong once again. Gruden pulled Grads after his awful play against the Skins, when McCown was still in his doghouse. Third string and still carrying Simms around doesn't seem like he's too confident in ANYONE aside from old man Garcia. I think he keeps Bruce around as a 3rd stringer, but nothing that would hinder him from taking a QB if he/the staff liked one. He's not incompetent.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dbtb135 View Post
                            Etk, you seem to be wrong once again. Gruden pulled Grads after his awful play against the Skins, when McCown was still in his doghouse. Third string and still carrying Simms around doesn't seem like he's too confident in ANYONE aside from old man Garcia. I think he keeps Bruce around as a 3rd stringer, but nothing that would hinder him from taking a QB if he/the staff liked one. He's not incompetent.
                            All he did was defend Grads afterwards. If Bruce was on his way out, Gruden would have no problem with making him accountable for our offensive struggles. Instead, he said Bruce had some nice drives and suffered from his WRs dropping passes. Jon believes in himself as a QB coach and he knows he can make any decent QB into a solid tactician, just like Bill Walsh. I think Gruden would rather stick with developing who he has while adding additional team talent rather than starting fresh with another project. I don't think we will draft another QB until Jeff retires and frees up a roster spot for competition. I don't see anything "wrong" with that opinion. There are plenty of terrific sophomore QBs and some Junior steals in college right now. We're in fine shape at the position. Gruden is not incompetent, he's overconfident. It's a strength and a weakness at times.

                            sig by BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by etk View Post
                              All he did was defend Grads afterwards. If Bruce was on his way out, Gruden would have no problem with making him accountable for our offensive struggles. Instead, he said Bruce had some nice drives and suffered from his WRs dropping passes.
                              Which is to say you can't difference between coach speak and actual situations? Gruden talks up most of his QBs (this has included Johnson after terrible starts, Simms after terrible starts, Rattay, Grads, McCown) but the most telling one in this conversation should be Brian Griese. Of course you claim to know so much about Gruden, you'll obviously know that Gruden liked Griese a lot more than he ever has Grads after that 04 performance. Griese played nothing short of awful in 05, but Gruden made excuse after excuse for him. At the end of the season, we could have easily kept Griese (who was under contract) and had a vet QB to back-up/compete with Simms (who you love and Gruden is not entirely fond of), but Gruden released him without hesitation. The same guy he made countless excuses for.

                              Furthermore, two questions:

                              1. Wouldn't starting McCown over the more experienced, and according to you more believed-in, Grads speak louder than any gussied up press conference answer?

                              2. How many times does a player, especially a QB, play terrible and get thrown under the bus by his coach?

                              Originally posted by etk View Post
                              I don't think we will draft another QB until Jeff retires and frees up a roster spot for competition. I don't see anything "wrong" with that opinion. There are plenty of terrific sophomore QBs and some Junior steals in college right now.
                              I do think we pass on a QB this offseason, but for lack of options. Not because Gruden will use the logic of "I don't need a QB, I've got Grads."
                              Last edited by dbtb135; 12-25-2007, 07:16 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information