Should the Bucs take McFadden at 20?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Bucs take McFadden at 20?

Mayock says no. I also tend to be against 1st round RB's in general. Building the oline is more important, imo. However, Mayock is lower on McFadden than me. It would be insane if we got him.

I'm not really sure who I want the Bucs to draft at 20. I've gone through stages where I thought we should go Baker, Jackson, Campbell, or trade it for Chad Johnson. Ultimately I think we should draft someone in the trenches.
    Last edited by TRJ997; 02-13-2008, 05:45 PM.

No, but Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis and Matt Ryan should be strongly considered at #20.

Comment

Is this a joke? Jackson or Campbell would look like the ideal options at #20.

Comment

No. No. No. No. No. No.

We have Graham, and Caddy still counts against our cap, so drafting a 1st round RB is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          No, but Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis and Matt Ryan should be strongly considered at #20.
          I agree that all 3 of those would be a better pick for the Bucs.

Originally posted by 619 View Post
          Is this a joke? Jackson or Campbell would look like the ideal options at #20.
          Which part do you think is a joke? That we should not even consider McFadden if he slips or that he isn't going to make it to 20. I don't think he will get anywhere near us, but I think we should take a long look if he does.

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
          No. No. No. No. No. No.

We have Graham, and Caddy still counts against our cap, so drafting a 1st round RB is stupid.
          Graham performed great and I really like him going into next year, but we should (and probably will) take a healthy RB somewhere in this draft because there is a real chance Caddy won't be very effective in 2008. McFadden would compliment Graham very well in our offense.

I agree that we don't need a 1st round RB, but BPA has to kick in at some point, right?

Comment

no

Campbell or Jackson would be much better.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
            <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
            <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

This kind of reminds me of the Adrian Peterson rumors last year(I realize that AD was a better prospect).

Comment

It would be tough to pass on, but I don't think the situation will arise anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                  This kind of reminds me of the Adrian Peterson rumors last year(I realize that AD was a better prospect).
                  This is almost exactly like that. I bet we will see people with "Remember Darren McFadden" in their sigs soon.

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                  It would be tough to pass on, but I don't think the situation will arise anyway.
                  This was my exact sentiment when I made the post. I honestly thought that most Buc fans would jump at the opportunity to take the player who is #1 on Scott's Big Board (as of today). I'm sure he will drop some, but I don't agree that he should be outside of the top 5-10 in terms of prospect rankings. I'd rather use our 1st round pick on a lineman, but I'd take McFadden over Jackson. Call me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ997 View Post
                    Which part do you think is a joke? That we should not even consider McFadden if he slips or that he isn't going to make it to 20. I don't think he will get anywhere near us, but I think we should take a long look if he does.
                    The fact there is even discussion that he will have a remote chance of slipping to #20.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                      The fact there is even discussion that he will have a remote chance of slipping to #20.
                      I agree with that. This thread was supposed to be a little tounge and cheek due to all of the McFadden hating going around.

I was a surprised when the first replies said not to take him so emphatically.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information