McCown says he will compete to start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCown says he will compete to start

McCown talked with Pewter Report and said that he was promised the chance to compete to be the starter. His comments about the new offense under Jags were interesting. They also write that it is a 2-year deal for 7.5 million. The incentives could bump it up to 14 million.

<link removed>
    Last edited by Geo; 02-16-2009, 03:26 PM.

Good backup plan in case we can't bring anyone better in this year. He had a great game against NO in 2007.
    save Freeman

Comment

and will be backup to JoshJohnson
      ohellzyea

Go Celtics
      Go Irish
      Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
        and will be backup to JoshJohnson
        ohellzyea
        If you say so...

I'm definitely stoked to have Luke back. Easily my favourite QB in recent memory.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
          If you say so...

I'm definitely stoked to have Luke back. Easily my favourite QB in recent memory.
          That's sad... another Bucs fan's QB expectations beaten into the ground by decades of garbage play at that position.

Comment

I posted this on the Bucs' official forum in regards to Luke McCown:

If he works out, we get a pick in the latter third of the first round in 2010, and address the major need at either LB or OT in round 1 and then RB Chris Brown or RB Noel Devine in round 2.

If he fails, we get a pick in the top 10, we go ahead and get QB Sam Bradford in round 1, and then RB LeGarrette Blount in round 2. If he fails, but we get carried by a good team around him and pick in the middle of the round or later.... go ahead and take QB Jevan Snead in round 1 and Blount or Brown in round 2.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information