Breaking down the options at pick 19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take sanchez at 19 then trade up for harvin
    One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

Take sanchez at 19 then trade up for harvin
      One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

how the hell did you manage to double post in a span of 50 minutes

bonekrusher on the sig magic
        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
          how the hell did you manage to double post in a span of 50 minutes
          LOL, I didn't notice that. That is so weird.

Im cooling on the idea of Sanchez after reading articles on how much junoir QBs have struggled. Stafford had played a lot for a junior, so if it is in terms of games played he's not that bad off. Sanchez on the other hand has very few games even for a junior.

I also worry that too much stock is being put into that one Bowl Game. I hadn't seen much of his play for the rest of the season. It is likely that the Rose Bowl was one of his best games, and evaluating someone mostly on their best game is going to get you an overrated view of him.

I think he is a much bigger risk than I originally thought when he first declared.

Comment

I'll never cool off on Sanchez after seeing that All Pass video Me Likey Rookies posted. What he accomplished in that one game throwing the football is more than Stafford did in his career. Sanchez has all the qualities one desires in a QB....why ignore him because of his class?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

do not like jerry.

1. If one of the big three OTs are left you gotta take them.

2. linebacker- If Cushing is there take him

3. WR- I am not really liking percy too much... I like Nicks followed by DHB only then should harvin be drafted.

4. Only first round dlinemans I would get is raji and orakpo They probably wont be there.

5. Only then should we draft a qb or hb

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                I'll never cool off on Sanchez after seeing that All Pass video Me Likey Rookies posted. What he accomplished in that one game throwing the football is more than Stafford did in his career. Sanchez has all the qualities one desires in a QB....why ignore him because of his class?
                Im not saying ignore him. Sanchez playing so few games increases the risk and that should downgrade him a bit in terms of where you rank him. Which is likely why their is a decent chance he will fall into the teens.

Despite the risk I wouldn't pass on him if he fell to TB. Im just not as thrilled as I would have been when he first declared.

Comment

Originally posted by Staggart View Post
                  do not like jerry.

1. If one of the big three OTs are left you gotta take them.

2. linebacker- If Cushing is there take him

3. WR- I am not really liking percy too much... I like Nicks followed by DHB only then should harvin be drafted.

4. Only first round dlinemans I would get is raji and orakpo They probably wont be there.

5. Only then should we draft a qb or hb
                  1. Maybe. I wouldn't follow that rule myself, but the logic isn't bad.

2. Lord no.

3. I like Nicks and Percy and Maclin a lot. DHB/Britt not so much.

4. Everette Brown>Orakpo. We don't really need another RE but Brown would be worth it for his pass rushing alone. I'm kinda cooling off on Jerry because we have so many DTs and so many other glaring holes.

5. Sanchez should be at the top of our board. After him, QB/RB shouldn't be a last resort....or any resort. Wells would be a nice luxury....that we can't afford.
                  Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                  Im not saying ignore him. Sanchez playing so few games increases the risk and that should downgrade him a bit in terms of where you rank him. Which is likely why their is a decent chance he will fall into the teens.

Despite the risk I wouldn't pass on him if he fell to TB. Im just not as thrilled as I would have been when he first declared.
                  OK cool. I hope he gets "downgraded" quite a bit.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Disregard everything I said about DT and Jerry. I had no idea Haye was a FA and he just signed a 4 yr $16 mil deal with Tennessee. UT is probably the biggest need on the team.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Sanchez (or Cutler) or bust.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
                        Sanchez (or Cutler) or bust.
                        I'm praying for Warner to SF. After that...who knows.

But Jerry is a clear #2 for me despite the thought of any of my top 3 receivers in a Bucs uniform.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Do you think Jerry really suits the style of play that Bates wants to implement?

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                            Do you think Jerry really suits the style of play that Bates wants to implement?
                            Why not? It's not like Bates is implementing some drastic overhaul in the defense. A base 4-3 with smaller, faster LBers is not much different from a Tampa 2. You still want an athletic 300 lb. pass rushing interior lineman. If anything guys like Hovan (undersized NT) and Peterson/Wilkerson (swing linemen without a position) don't fit. Then again Tennessee drafted Jason Jones so maybe Peterson does fit.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I just get the feeling that Bates wants somebody who is stronger against the run than Jerry is.

Comment

Bates likes big DT's though, like 320+ lbs. Peria is barely 300 lbs. I think that's part of the reason why we didn't even attempt to bring Haye back. I think we might take a flier on someone like Lee Hill in the later rounds.

Stafford and Sanchez are atop my BB for the Bucs right now. I think we could have a legit shot at either of them. I'd love for us to land either too. After them, it's the best player available at WR or LB. Maclin for me is right behind the two QBs, but he'll likely be gone by our pick. After him I'd go with Nicks. If we go LB, I could see anyone from Cushing to Sintim to Matthews being the pick. Given the guys likely to be available, I'd rather go WR. Some dark horses I could see are Larry English, or a CB like Alphonso or Moore if no one is signed in FA.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information