Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bucs Tag A. Bryant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bucs Tag A. Bryant

    Pewter Report is reporting that the Bucs have tagged Bryant.

    http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/5224
    "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

    My Grandfather

  • #2
    Obvious, and I'm glad.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bryant better continue to progress his game to justify his $10M cap figure. Fitzgerald's deal of $40M over 4 years is looking pretty sweet for the Cards right now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TRJ997 View Post
        Bryant better continue to progress his game to justify his $10M cap figure. Fitzgerald's deal of $40M over 4 years is looking pretty sweet for the Cards right now.
        Really a bad deal for Tampa Bay Buccaneers here. The contract appears to be poorly put together when a man can be allowed to fill as much of the salary cap as he does. His salary is way over paid and he will certainly have enough trouble living up to the expectations from his contract.

        I think it is a really bad deal for them, but not for Bryant. :) :D

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cocelesti View Post
          Really a bad deal for Tampa Bay Buccaneers here. The contract appears to be poorly put together when a man can be allowed to fill as much of the salary cap as he does. His salary is way over paid and he will certainly have enough trouble living up to the expectations from his contract.

          I think it is a really bad deal for them, but not for Bryant. :) :D
          I don't see how it is to be honest. It keeps a guy who had a huge season on a team which has ZERO good receivers. We were much better off signing him to a one year deal than risking FA or the draft.

          Comment


          • #6
            We have plenty of cap space tagging him doesn't prevent us from making any signing in FA. If you have the extra cap why not use it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
              We have plenty of cap space tagging him doesn't prevent us from making any signing in FA. If you have the extra cap why not use it.
              Exactly, its not my money.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                I don't see how it is to be honest. It keeps a guy who had a huge season on a team which has ZERO good receivers. We were much better off signing him to a one year deal than risking FA or the draft.
                It's not a bad deal in the sense that the Bucs need WR's and have cap space that is equivalent to a blank check. I'm personally not sold on Bryant for the long term and I'm glad we didn't break the bank with a ton of guaranteed money. I also believe that the Glazers are in a cost reduction mode and despite our huge cap number, are going to be frugal in free agency. If true, this $10M could have been better served elsewhere had more quality free agents hit the market.

                Ultimately, its not my money either and there aren't many players available who have more potential than Bryant, so I'm not upset. Here's to a big 2009 for him.

                Comment

                Working...
                X

                Debug Information