Bucs Sign Ward

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etk View Post
    Pretty sure Bodden/Greer are going elsewhere. I'd rather us bring back PBuc.

Crowell is probably ours. Henderson would be a nice option.
    It makes me wonder though, why wouldn't Raheem push to bring PBuc back if he was confident in him? Greer does look like he won't come here since he left today without a contract.

Hopefully we will see this a couple times this season, against the same team shown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRyLmCFCw4A

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
      Ward doesn't try to juke out the air 4 times every play.
      Caddy was on fire before his injury. Ward doesn't bring much to the table aside from being Graham's backup until Caddy is ready to roll.

I would've liked to have seen us draft someone in Round 4 or later with a different skill set and some upside.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I like the signing. We are getting a solid veteran player who will provide excellent security for our oft injured running back group.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
          Ugh....3rd best back on the team. Waste of money, but it's not like we can't afford him. Meh, I guess the insurance is nice.
          3rd best back?

Ward is as good, or better, that Graham.... and Cadillac can't stay healthy to save his life.

Ward will see 200+ touches in 2009.

And I'll be back here to bump this as the season goes on.....

Comment

Graham > Ward. It's just that simple.

The only thing which might lead to him outperforming EG is injury.

Comment

It's very debatable who is better between Graham and Ward. They seem like similar players to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEagle View Post
                3rd best back?

Ward is as good, or better, that Graham.... and Cadillac can't stay healthy to save his life.

Ward will see 200+ touches in 2009.

And I'll be back here to bump this as the season goes on.....
                Easy for you to say after Graham got injured this past year, but he's still a good amount better than Ward. Power, vision, blocking, receiving ability, intangibles, stiff arm.

It's close between Ward and Cadillac. I'll take a fully healthy Cadillac over Ward, but not by much.

Feel free to come back here as much as you want. At this rate you'll be on my ignore list in 2 weeks.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Don't you worry. I won't forget.

Hope you like eating words.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEagle View Post
                    Don't you worry. I won't forget.

Hope you like eating words.
                    Graham = Good
                    Ward = Mediocre

Like your posting.

Comment

Graham = Good
                      Ward = Mediocre

Like your posting.
                      182 carries, 1,025 yards, 5.6 ypc, 2 td's 41 receptions, 384 receiving yards.

Yep, thats the very definition of mediocrity. I mean, it's not like he was 2/5ths of the #1 run game in the NFL or anything. He's nothing compared to Ernest Graham.

132 carries, 563, 4.3 ypc, 4 td's, 23 receptions, 174 receiving yards.

Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        182 carries, 1,025 yards, 5.6 ypc, 2 td's 41 receptions, 384 receiving yards.

Yep, thats the very definition of mediocrity. I mean, it's not like he was 2/5ths of the #1 run game in the NFL or anything. He's nothing compared to Ernest Graham.

132 carries, 563, 4.3 ypc, 4 td's, 23 receptions, 174 receiving yards.

Championship.
                        If I was in a tandem with jacobs and Bradshaw I'd get 700 yards. Their O-Line is better than us, their Passing game is better than ours. You can't look at those particular stats in a vacuum.

Comment

If I was in a tandem with jacobs and Bradshaw I'd get 700 yards. Their O-Line is better than us, their Passing game is better than ours. You can't look at those particular stats in a vacuum.
                          You're right that I can't look at that in a vacuum, but how can you look at the only back in the NFL with a higher than 5.5 YPC (minimum 100 carries) and call that mediocre?

Comment

Ward is an ok #2 back, he's way overpaid though. Mostly he took advantage of Jacobs tiring the hell out of defenses.

I think you can get a guy like that off the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              You're right that I can't look at that in a vacuum, but how can you look at the only back in the NFL with a higher than 5.5 YPC (minimum 100 carries) and call that mediocre?
                              Mostly he was used as the 3rd down back after Jacobs busted the hell out of defenses for 2 downs, does his ypc REALLY surprise you?

Comment

Mostly he was used as the 3rd down back after Jacobs busted the hell out of defenses for 2 downs, does his ypc REALLY surprise you?
                                Game 1 v. Washington Redskins

3-3-WAS 45 (6:40) (Shotgun) 34-D.Ward right end to WAS 40 for 5 yards (52-R.McIntosh).
                                3-1-WAS 6 (3:52) 34-D.Ward right tackle to WAS 7 for -1 yards (59-L.Fletcher).
                                2-10-NYG 32 (:11) 34-D.Ward left end to NYG 42 for 10 yards (52-R.McIntosh).
                                2-10-NYG 42 (14:55) 34-D.Ward left end to NYG 45 for 3 yards (37-R.Doughty, 52-R.McIntosh).
                                1-10-WAS 32 (13:31) 34-D.Ward right end to WAS 28 for 4 yards (52-R.McIntosh).
                                3-9-WAS 11 (11:07) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete short right to 34-D.Ward. NYG-69-R.Seubert was injured during the play.
                                2-4-WAS 40 (4:19) 34-D.Ward left tackle to WAS 34 for 6 yards (94-A.Montgomery, 59-L.Fletcher).
                                1-10-NYG 13 (4:34) 34-D.Ward left tackle to NYG 15 for 2 yards (55-J.Taylor, 37-R.Doughty).
                                2-8-NYG 15 (3:55) 34-D.Ward right guard to NYG 22 for 7 yards (52-R.McIntosh, 79-L.Alexander).
                                1-10-NYG 29 (2:30) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short left to 34-D.Ward to NYG 37 for 8 yards (27-F.Smoot, 48-C.Horton). WAS-27-F.Smoot was injured during the play.
                                2-2-NYG 37 (2:10) 34-D.Ward up the middle to NYG 40 for 3 yards (37-R.Doughty, 53-M.Washington).
                                2-23-NYG 40 (13:58) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short middle to 34-D.Ward to WAS 47 for 13 yards (52-R.McIntosh, 59-L.Fletcher).

Wanna tell me again how a thousand yard back was "primarily" used during third downs? Or ask me if his highest YPC in the league (minimum 100 carries) *really* surprises me?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information