The Bucs should trade down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etk View Post
    lol it probably looks like I was being rude, but I was copying a line from Office Space. I had it in the back of mind.
    It didn't come across as rude. :)

Comment

There is a study out there on predicting the "bust factor" on highly rated (top 2 round prospects) QB's. The results of the study showed that QB's who started 32 or more college games were far more likely to be successful in the NFL. Those that were highly rated and started 32 or more games were found to have a 70% better chance at success than those who didn't qualify.

That said, there are 5 declared QB's that generally have a top 2 round grade. Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Rhett Bomar and Nate Davis. And 3 of the 5 fall under the higher potential for bust in the NFL, having started LESS than 32 games.... Sanchez, Freeman and Bomar.

I'd stay away from both Sanchez and Freeman at #19. Let Luke McCown sink or swim. It's not like we're going to be contenders next year, and if McCown flops, which I think he probably could, we're in prime position to get a better rated QB in 2010.

So.... if we get a chance.... trade down, not up. We have many holes to fill, and the talent drop-off between #19 and the mid second round isn't all that much.

Comment

Hate to make your last post redundant, but Josh Freeman started 33 games in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
          Hate to make your last post redundant, but Josh Freeman started 33 games in his career.

Not the brightest crayon in this box, eh?

Taking that "stat" posted on this website needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Freeman suited up for 33 games.... but did not start all of them. Thus, he falls under the threshold.

Point stands.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEagle View Post
            Not the brightest crayon in this box, eh?

Taking that "stat" posted on this website needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Freeman suited up for 33 games.... but did not start all of them. Thus, he falls under the threshold.

Point stands.
            The kid has been a starter since his freshman year. I think he has more than enough experience for the pros. He started 8 games his freshman season, every game as a sophomore and I assume the same as a Junior. That totals to approximately 32 starts (1 shy of my initial post but without concrete evidence of 12 starts his Junior, 2008 season).

Point does not stand.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
              The kid has been a starter since his freshman year. I think he has more than enough experience for the pros. He started 8 games his freshman season, every game as a sophomore and I assume the same as a Junior. That totals to approximately 32 starts (1 shy of my initial post but without concrete evidence of 12 starts his Junior, 2008 season).

Point does not stand.
              And he almost beat/did beat UT with Vince Young at the helm.

I don't think experience is a problem.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information