Josh Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
    He was never waived according to the Buccaneers website.
    Every player is waived before they're put on the practice squad. Dre Moore and Josh Johnson included.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      Every player is waived before they're put on the practice squad. Dre Moore and Josh Johnson included.
      He was never on the practice squad.

Comment

He was never on the practice squad.
        He was inactive all yar. w/e.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He was inactive all yar. w/e.
          Just stating it because it made this statement (The fact that we waived him and risked losing him to another team speaks volumes about where he stands in our future, not to mention the fact that no one picked him up while he was available.) a little irrelevant.

We have a new coaching staff now any way so I don't think past loyalties matter any more.

Comment

I'm not in the group who thinks Johnson will be cut, as he has a better chance of sticking than Griese does. I'm not, however, counting on him for the future or anything.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm not in the group who thinks Johnson will be cut, as he has a better chance of sticking than Griese does. I'm not, however, counting on him for the future or anything.
              I share those feelings and have vocalised them many a time around this site. Johnson has potential, nobody will argue with that, but to rest the future of the team on his shoulders is blind homerism.

Comment

I share those feelings and have vocalised them many a time around this site. Johnson has potential, nobody will argue with that, but to rest the future of the team on his shoulders is blind homerism.
                and to rest the future of the team on LeftBitches shoulders isn't much better.
                Counting on McCown is retardation
                and if your still counting on a draft pick, or Griese...you must be possessed.

Its always a project coaching a young QB to lead a team dont get me wrong.
                but relying on McCown is like the Bears relying on Grossman. He sucks.

Go Celtics
                Go Irish
                Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post

Except, not at all. Grossman proved himself to be terrible all throughout his career. He was one of the most inconsistent QBs in the league. McCown has been effective when given the opportunity, he's in the prime of his career, and he has the physical ability to start. Counting on him is not retardation, it's optimism. Not everyone will agree with me or 24cadillac24 when we give McCown the benefit of the doubt. Those are the pessimists who look at the negative side of things like his lack of experience. No one side is better than the other, however your side (completely discounting everyone except Johnson, the least proven of the bunch) is absurd and shows a complete lack of understanding of the situation.

Please stop trolling our forum with your Josh Johnson homerism.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

when was jj on the practice squad?

Comment

Never. It was a mistake on my part.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post

If we can't count on anyone we might as well just give up.

Comment

Josh Johnson is going to get a shot at proving himself, how much he's grown in a year.... in TC. I think he beats out Brian Griese, and is the #3 QB on this team behind Luke McCown and Byron Leftwich.

Should McCown go completely belly up, and just be God-awful terrible.... then we can talk about Johnson getting some work later in the season.

But... I would like to see if McCown actually IS an NFL QB. If he can be a 3500+ yard/year..... 20-25 TD/year QB with a rating near 90 or so..... I can live with that. It's not Manning-esque HOF, but it'll do. On the flip side, if he bombs 2009, we're in a great spot to pick up Sam Bradford.

Comment

Bradford is overrated garbage.

Hey lordquas....you mad still?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't think so.

And we're going to find out how real Bradford is this year, what with half an OL and all his WR's gone.

Comment

Mad?Psh..

All I'm saying is McCown is awful. Call me a hater all you want, I just don't have any faith in him whatsoever.
                                Leftwich, I like. I'd have him start from the get go but I think Josh Johnson needs to get just as many reps as everyone else. He'll shock.

If all else fails, Go Tebow

Go Celtics
                                Go Irish
                                Go Ravens

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information