Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
    Mad?Psh..

All I'm saying is McCown is awful. Call me a hater all you want, I just don't have any faith in him whatsoever.
    Leftwich, I like. I'd have him start from the get go but I think Josh Johnson needs to get just as many reps as everyone else. He'll shock.

If all else fails, Go Tebow
    ahahhaah GO Tebow are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      ahahhaah GO Tebow are you serious?
      Allstott 2.0, I like it!

Comment

If Bradford turns out to be a stud, we probably won't have a chance to get him. I don't think this team finishes with a top 5 pick, even if McCown fails.

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ997 View Post
          If Bradford turns out to be a stud, we probably won't have a chance to get him. I don't think this team finishes with a top 5 pick, even if McCown fails.

We are probably going to struggle on defense this year...... plus we have to travel to stupid London.... AND we have a killer schedule.

I won't be the least bit surprised to be picking in the top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEagle View Post
            We are probably going to struggle on defense this year...... plus we have to travel to stupid London.... AND we have a killer schedule.

We have a strong oline, 2 good pass catchers, 2 good RBs, and an underrated defense that will be helped in the draft. . . plus we play overrated teams like NO, ATL, and CAR twice each. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we win 7-8 games this year. We may end up with a top 3 pick, but that doesn't even guarantee us Bradford. Assuming he is the stud everyone says he is and goes in the top 3, the Bucs are under 25% to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEagle View Post

Their is no ******* way we get a top 3 pick you negative nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ997 View Post
                We have a strong oline, 2 good pass catchers, 2 good RBs, and an underrated defense that will be helped in the draft. . . plus we play overrated teams like NO, ATL, and CAR twice each. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we win 7-8 games this year. We may end up with a top 3 pick, but that doesn't even guarantee us Bradford. Assuming he is the stud everyone says he is and goes in the top 3, the Bucs are under 25% to get him.
                THIS! Glad someone else has seen the light...

Looking over our schedule I definitely see 7-8 wins as likely.

Personally I find it funny how Luke McCown as our starter=top 3 pick, meanwhile Carolina is the favorite to win the division with Jake Delhomme and 1 competent receiver. I can't wait to see the Panthers flop.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  THIS! Glad someone else has seen the light...

Looking over our schedule I definitely see 7-8 wins as likely.

Personally I find it funny how Luke McCown as our starter=top 3 pick, meanwhile Carolina is the favorite to win the division with Jake Delhomme and 1 competent receiver. I can't wait to see the Panthers flop.
                  Name 3 teams with a worse QB / WR combination who are not in position to significantly improve it through the draft? Add to that an inexperienced and new coaching staff, a front seven that is very concerning at this point, and no CB depth, its not unreasonable to suggest we'll be drafting in the top 3 next year. In no way is that being overly negative. But optimism is good too, Captain Fear always needs Cheerleaders to gaze at.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fear View Post
                    Name 3 teams with a worse QB / WR combination who are not in position to significantly improve it through the draft? Add to that an inexperienced and new coaching staff, a front seven that is very concerning at this point, and no CB depth, its not unreasonable to suggest we'll be drafting in the top 3 next year. In no way is that being overly negative. But optimism is good too, Captain Fear always needs Cheerleaders to gaze at.
                    If only it were so easy that one could decide everything on paper.

Luke McCown is a competent QB. He fits somewhere in the 20 range as far as starting QBs go in this league. Receiver shouldn't be a problem. We have 2 studs in Bryant and Winslow. Clayton is poised for a rebound. Stevens is a nice weapon, and Stovall has potential if he's healthy. Obviously we need to add some more depth through the draft, but luckily it's a strong, deep class where we can find an early contributor on the 2nd day.

Our coaching staff is not inexperienced. Jagodzinski and Logan are experienced and proven in the WCO. They develop QBs well and produce with inferior talent. They spread the ball around and use many options in the offense, which fits with our personnel. Jim Bates is not my favorite DC choice, but experience is definitely his strong suit. We've always had a strong defense. Until that changes for a stretch longer than 4 games...we should be optimistic about our defense.

Plenty of teams have had success with overhauled coaching staffs and rosters. We also happen to have a habit of alternating years in and out of the playoffs. It is not optimistic to expect 7-8 wins, however it's entirely pessimistic to even consider a bottom-3 finish as a possibility.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

let me start off by saying that Freeman was a horrible pick for the Bucs.
                      Another guy who needs time to develop isn't what Tampa needed..
                      and it pisses me off when I hear my boy Josh Johnson not getting looks as a starter.
                      I AM NOT A JOSH JOHNSON HOMER
                      I just know a good football player when I see one..
                      Luke McCown sucks ballz and its just a matter of time before everyone realizes that..
                      Leftwich should be the starter on day 1. But that should only be temporary.
                      I hate how rotoworld.com says its a 3 way competition for QB between Freeman, McCown, and Leftwich.. ITS NOT.
                      The Bucs screwed themselves over by taking another QB, because who really needs 4 guys competing to be starter?
                      Its going to cause drama, and I doubt the Bucs will win more than 7 games this year now because of this.
                      I expect to see all 4 QBs getting snaps during the regular season, because at this point, none of them are starting material.
                      It should be a battle in mini-camp/preseason and I think the best man should get the job.
                      Josh Johnson is in that race! He's the most athletic passer the Bucs got, and he proved that once he knows a system, he uses it to perfection.
                      Hence him throwing 1 pick his senior year...

When it comes down to it, The Bucs f*cked themselves over.
                      Don't sign a freeagent QB, thats exactly like the rookie you draft.
                      Freeman = Leftwich.
                      McCown should've been cut.

Go Celtics
                      Go Irish
                      Go Ravens

Comment

if we hadnt drafted freeman i wouldve loved to see jj get a shot in training camp, but theres no way thats happening now

hopefully he'll find success elsewhere

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

So is Johnson going to be cut?

Comment

Originally posted by bspen4 View Post
                            I think it depends how the front office feels about him and about Byron Leftwich.

If he has progressed enough since his rookie year, it can't hurt to keep him on the roster. However, if he isn't able to handle back-up duties (I assume Freeman spends some time as non-active) then Leftwich gets the nod.

It will certainly be an interesting competition.

Comment

Originally posted by bspen4 View Post
                              I'm sure he will get a chance to compete in training camp. He also has value on our practice squad running the scout team offense prior to weeks we play a scrambling QB. I think it comes down to a battle between McCown and JJ for 3rd string. If JJ wins, McCown is cut. If McCown wins, JJ to the PS.

If JJ does get cut, he should have a long career waiting for him Canada. His skill set is perfect for the CFL.

Comment

If I were in charge of the Bears and it didn't look like JJ was working out for you guys, I'd send a late rounder your way for him.

Behind Cutler we currently have Caleb Hanie, Bret Basenez, and now Chase Patton. Average draft position: ........um. They weren't.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information