Josh Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Johnson

falcon fan here an i was wondering if you guys think the bucs should give josh johnson a chance to start?

i think he could be pretty damn good

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

This year? No way.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I concur.

This is Luke McCown's team.

Comment

For a 6th round QB that has only played a few mediocre downs in preseason, people seem to think this guy has a reasonable chance of becoming a good QB.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
          I concur.

This is Luke McCown's team.
          How dare you say that.
          thats the most insulting thing you could say to the Bucs.
          QB is an open position and I don't want a bum like McCown to be the starter.
          Josh Johnson just needs to prove himself and it'll be his team to run with.

McCown is not a solid NFL QB
          JJ has potential to be a star

Go Celtics
          Go Irish
          Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
            How dare you say that.

Luke Mclown is a franchise back up. This guy is Bruce Gradkowski in another form.

Comment

How dare you say that.

How dare I say that?

The fact that you are dismissing a QB who has never been a full time starter over another who has never been a full time starter (let alone even play) is just a little silly.

Johnson is a project. He is not ready yet. Luke McCown has spent years in Tampa Bay and is familiar with the rest of the roster. He will head into TC as the #1 and will be given every opportunity to win the position and excel at it (we've certainly surrounded him with the weapons).

Josh Johnson has potential, but like every late round QB he is unlikely to be a superstar in the league. I'd love if he did turn into the next great late rounder, but your blind faith in him is unfounded. I'm happy to keep developing, but throwing him out there too soon would be a huge mistake.

Comment

This is leftwich's team.

Comment

How dare you say that.

Exactly. Josh Johnson just needs to prove himself, but he doesn't appear to be anywhere close to doing so. The fact that we waived him and risked losing him to another team speaks volumes about where he stands in our future, not to mention the fact that no one picked him up while he was available.

McCown has actually looked like a competent QB when given the chance, and HE has earned the right to get a crack at the starting job.

Now obviously with Leftwice, Griese, McCown and Johnson on the roster, it will be an open competition. However, McCown has the inside track and it's his job to lose.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                    Exactly. Josh Johnson just needs to prove himself, but he doesn't appear to be anywhere close to doing so. The fact that we waived him and risked losing him to another team speaks volumes about where he stands in our future, not to mention the fact that no one picked him up while he was available.

McCown has actually looked like a competent QB when given the chance, and HE has earned the right to get a crack at the starting job.

Now obviously with Leftwice, Griese, McCown and Johnson on the roster, it will be an open competition. However, McCown has the inside track and it's his job to lose.
                    When did that happen?

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

you guys are foolish for thinking mcknown will win the bucs football games.
                      i'll let this season talk for me.

JJ all the way

Go Celtics
                      Go Irish
                      Go Ravens

Comment

LeftBitch is going to take this team by storm. Also with one of the hardest schedules you could put JJ out there and hope to land a top 5 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
                          When did that happen?
                          During the preseason last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                            During the preseason last year.
                            He was never waived according to the Buccaneers website.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                              He was never waived according to the Buccaneers website.
                              Yeah I never heard a thing about that. I thought the fact that we kept 4 QBs without waiving Johnson spoke volumes about how much they wanted to make sure nobody else got their hands on him.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information