Clear All

• Bucs sign Leftwich

Yay another crappy qb!

you must be joking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
      you must be joking.

nope not joking

Free-agent quarterback Byron Leftwich has agreed to a two-year deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a source told ESPN's Michael Smith.

Comment

Im pretty jealous about this. Steelers fans all wanted him back as our backup. Not sure how he'll do in that offense though.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

**** Yes Were Not Drafting A Qb!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            **** Yes Were Not Drafting A Qb!
            thats what I said when I heard the news. We just CANT be drafting one now that we have McCown, Johnson, Leftwich and anybody else I may be forgetting about
            Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
            Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
            Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
            A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

I like the pick up for TB.

Comment

but, but, but...Jon Gruden isn't there to collect QBs anymore!

Comment

Definitely lengthens the odds that we draft a QB but I wouldn't rule it out.

Hopefully we just run with McCown, Leftwich and Johnson and cut that dead weight Brian Griese.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                    Definitely lengthens the odds that we draft a QB but I wouldn't rule it out.

Hopefully we just run with McCown, Leftwich and Johnson and cut that dead weight Brian Griese.
                    Coaching staff: "We're looking to add 1 more QB"

Give it up....Freeman sucks anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Whatever. josh Johnson plz.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                        Whatever. josh Johnson plz.
                        Josh Johnson was Gruden's project. The current staff have no loyalty to him and would probably rather bring in young players that fit the new scheme. While I hope he's the next Tom Brady, he'll probably be cut or traded by the end of the pre-season.

The Leftwich signing pisses me off. Not because he's another mediocre addition at QB, but because I now wish we never got rid of Chris Simms. Both are similar QB's IMO (big arm, super long and slow release) and I would much rather cheer for Simms than Lefty. Oh well, I've already resigned to the fact that our QB position will be a write-off this season so I'm pretty indifferent.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fear View Post
                          Josh Johnson was Gruden's project. The current staff have no loyalty to him and would probably rather bring in young players that fit the new scheme. While I hope he's the next Tom Brady, he'll probably be cut or traded by the end of the pre-season.

The Leftwich signing pisses me off. Not because he's another mediocre addition at QB, but because I now wish we never got rid of Chris Simms. Both are similar QB's IMO (big arm, super long and slow release) and I would much rather cheer for Simms than Lefty. Oh well, I've already resigned to the fact that our QB position will be a write-off this season so I'm pretty indifferent.
                          Simms is probably worse. Less toolsy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                            Simms is probably worse. Less toolsy.
                            Leftwich can also get the ball past the line of scrimmage...

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
                              Leftwich can also get the ball past the line of scrimmage...
                              Yes, Leftwich has the tool of "not getting 20 balls batted at the line per game"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information