Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we go CB in the first...

Which CB would you want at 19?

Likely candidates are Vontae Davis, Alphonso Smith, and Darius Butler. Who fits the scheme the best? Does Vontae's character make him undraftable? What do you guys think?
    save Freeman

I wouldn't be completely against taking a corner in the first round, but I'm not sure about the value.

Vontae could be a possible bet at 19 but I think Smith and Butler would be reaches there.

In my opinion it is looking more and more likely that Tampa Bay uses its first round pick on a defensive lineman making most of this post redundant any way.

Comment

Alphonso Smith.

He's the best pure playmaker at CB in this draft. And he's a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
        I wouldn't be completely against taking a corner in the first round, but I'm not sure about the value.

Vontae could be a possible bet at 19 but I think Smith and Butler would be reaches there.

In my opinion it is looking more and more likely that Tampa Bay uses its first round pick on a defensive lineman making most of this post redundant any way.
        Reach? How is Alphonso Smith more of a reach than, say....Josh Freeman, Hakeem Nicks, Larry English, etc.

There are at least 50 possible 1st round players this year. There are no reaches.

Alphonso Smith is a very real possibility for us and I'd love for us to draft him.

The only defensive linemen I see us drafting are Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, Ron Brace & Michael Johnson (maybe). CB & WR are very real options here.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
          There are at least 50 possible 1st round players this year. There are no reaches.

Agreed there. From picks about #15 or so, to around #50.... the talent is about equal, and the order of all those players is going to come down to how each teams' staffs rank the players.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            Reach? How is Alphonso Smith more of a reach than, say....Josh Freeman, Hakeem Nicks, Larry English, etc.

Alphonso Smith is a very real possibility for us and I'd love for us to draft him.

The only defensive linemen I see us drafting are Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, Ron Brace & Michael Johnson (maybe). CB & WR are very real options here.
            I have never said any of those players are more of a reach than Smith etk.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information