Michael Johnson
    11.76%
    Alphonso Smith
    23.53%
    Vontae Davis
    0.00%
    Other (post)
    5.88%
    Last edited by etk; 04-18-2009, 05:23 PM.

sig by BoneKrusher

Joey Galloway part 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Burger View Post
      Joey Galloway part 2?
      Galloway was actually pretty elusive in the open field and explosive in and out of his cuts. To me that's what separates him from DHB/Troy Williamson.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Everette Brown. I wouldn't give a **** what happens the rest of the draft. From what I've heard, 3-4 teams are shying away from him because of his stiffness standing up, and it would just take a team or two to like a guy like Maybin or Ayers more.

But realistically, I think it's definitely between a DE, CB or WR.

At WR there's really no one after Bryant and Clayton that have done anything. Even at that, both those players have had one pretty good year apiece but nothing more yet. Not too mention we still haven't locked up Bryant past this seaon. I want Nicks, but I think his stock has slipped to much after his pro day. I would be OK with Britt or DHB. I'd rather wait till later in the draft cause I really like the depth of this class.

At CB, all we got is Ronde, Aqib and Mack. This is a wildcard because no one really knows how much faith Raheem has in Mack. He seems to really like him, but he may just see him as nothing more than a good nickel. My personal preference is Alphonso Smith. I wouldn't mind Vontae because of his potential, but he's I think it's a little too risky.

I think DE is a good possibility. Bates' system requires both ends to be fast and able to rush the outside and collapse the pocket. We got Gaines on one side, but no one really proven opposite of him. Stylez G's play declined last year after a breakout season, and Wilkerson is better suited to be a backup. I would be happy with either Aaron Maybin or Larry English. BTW, Tyson isn't even an option for us. He most likely won't be there at 19 and he has no role on this defense, just like Peria.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm leaning towards DE's and to be honest I'd be pretty happy with most of them really.

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
            Everette Brown. I wouldn't give a **** what happens the rest of the draft. From what I've heard, 3-4 teams are shying away from him because of his stiffness standing up, and it would just take a team or two to like a guy like Maybin or Ayers more.

But realistically, I think it's definitely between a DE, CB or WR.

At WR there's really no one after Bryant and Clayton that have done anything. Even at that, both those players have had one pretty good year apiece but nothing more yet. Not too mention we still haven't locked up Bryant past this seaon. I want Nicks, but I think his stock has slipped to much after his pro day. I would be OK with Britt or DHB. I'd rather wait till later in the draft cause I really like the depth of this class.

At CB, all we got is Ronde, Aqib and Mack. This is a wildcard because no one really knows how much faith Raheem has in Mack. He seems to really like him, but he may just see him as nothing more than a good nickel. My personal preference is Alphonso Smith. I wouldn't mind Vontae because of his potential, but he's I think it's a little too risky.

I think DE is a good possibility. Bates' system requires both ends to be fast and able to rush the outside and collapse the pocket. We got Gaines on one side, but no one really proven opposite of him. Stylez G's play declined last year after a breakout season, and Wilkerson is better suited to be a backup. I would be happy with either Aaron Maybin or Larry English. BTW, Tyson isn't even an option for us. He most likely won't be there at 19 and he has no role on this defense, just like Peria.
            Brown is definitely better suited for a 4-3. I didn't have him in the poll because he's less likely to be available (compared to Maybin & Johnson).

Do you really want Britt? We have Clayton and Stovall. I don't see Britt as an upgrade over Clayton, at least not talent-wise.

Vontae is a risk. So is Talib. It's REALLY risky to rely on those 2 guys to lock down the CB position. The odds are against you. Smith is much more of a sure thing and would replace Barber nicely.

No system in the NFL can survive, let alone thrive, with undersized rush backers at DE and converted safeties at LB. It's not happening. There's no ******* way we can start a guy like Maybin or English opposite Adams, especially not when our LBs average just over 230 lbs. Then you factor in the loss of Jermaine Phillips at SS (an extra LB in spirit) and a shaky run defense just became swiss cheese. I'm all for seeing us add another fast edge rusher but we need a starting LDE first as well as DT help. Tyson Jackson would definitely have a role in this defense, and a big one at that. I doubt he'll be available though.

DE: Maybin/English/Brown/Johnson - too small
            DT: Sims - unproven
            DT: Hovan - declining, no pass rush
            DE: Adams - unproven
            OLB: Crowell - coming off injury
            MLB: Ruud
            OLB: Phillips - good SS, ? here, downgrade from Brooks
            CB: Barber - old and mediocre
            CB: Talib - unproven, young
            S: Jackson
            S: Piscitelli - downgrade from Phillips

I refuse to believe it. I don't care what signs point where. If our defense ends up like that.....I swear to god. I'll lose all hope.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I voted for English but I think itll be a CB
              save Freeman

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information