Your Draft Grades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etk View Post
    I don't think we drafted Fulton to place him on the practice squad and back up at G. If we're gonna play "read the staff" here, I say we drafted him for his versatility as a backup right now on the active roster.
    I think Fulton was a value pick, and I liked it. He had more potential than most of the guys left on the board. But I still don't think he makes the roster. Wouldn't be the first guy we drafted in the 5th who didn't make the team. There have been plenty of those, and a few 4ths too (Dre, Nimmo). Back up at guard? Dub tee eff?

What versatility? Would you put him at RT? Would he even be a blip on the radar inside? The upside of him is that he could develop into a better LT than Lee or Penn. He has the potential too. His versatility, I don't see much there.....

Comment

Originally posted by dbtb135 View Post
      What versatility? Would you put him at RT? Would he even be a blip on the radar inside? The upside of him is that he could develop into a better LT than Lee or Penn. He has the potential too. His versatility, I don't see much there.....
      I think Fiulton does have versatility in a ZBS. Nobody expected Daryn Colledge to be drafted as a G for Green Bay a few years back. Fulton and Colledge seem similar at first glance. Same size, both considered pass blockers. Not that we have a pressing need at G, but it does open up options.

Comment

Originally posted by dbtb135 View Post
        I think Fulton was a value pick, and I liked it. He had more potential than most of the guys left on the board. But I still don't think he makes the roster. Wouldn't be the first guy we drafted in the 5th who didn't make the team. There have been plenty of those, and a few 4ths too (Dre, Nimmo). Back up at guard? Dub tee eff?

You said that Lee is the backup at LT and Alabi is the backup at RT so I figured you think Fulton is gonna get a look at G.

He's versatile in our system, like Captain Fear said. He's 6'4" 300+ and moves well with good feet. I don't think RT is ideal, but he could fill in there. I definitely think he can back up LT and both G spots though.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You said that Lee is the backup at LT and Alabi is the backup at RT so I figured you think Fulton is gonna get a look at G.
          I don't think Alibi makes the roster, but if he did it would be to back-up True as it's the only spot he fits. Same with Fulton at LT.

He's versatile in our system, like Captain Fear said. He's 6'4" 300+ and moves well with good feet. I don't think RT is ideal, but he could fill in there. I definitely think he can back up LT and both G spots though.
          If we were running a tiny, Denver ZBS why would we keep guys like Sears and True? Fulton at guard is out there IMHO. I've seen the guy plenty, and IMO he'd get pushed around inside. ZBS or not. Aside from the fact that he'd be 3rd string anywhere, except if he beats out Lee.

Comment

Funnily enough Pewter Report is estimating that we carry 8 lineman, including Fulton. The other two back-ups being Zuttah as the inside swingman and James Lee.

Comment

I agree with them about keeping 8 linemen, but then who backs up center? Zuttah? I don't know if I like that. I think he's a solid emergency center, but he's quite inexperienced at that spot. I wouldn't want him learning on the fly. I guess if he can get the exchange and line signals by the start of the regular season, we could. I know Fulton is a better player, so it'd be nice to go with quality. But I think having Mahan back-up center, Z at the guard spots, and Lee as the swing tackle would be the best way to go. Z got reps at both spots, Mahan is an experienced center. I just don't get keeping Fulton and Lee, seems repetitive. If we keep 9, I like his potential.

Comment

I would rather keep 9 offensive lineman if Zuttah is going to back-up 3 positions.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information