Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bucs agreed to terms with T Luke Petitgout.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucs agreed to terms with T Luke Petitgout.

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playerp...ort=NFL&id=932

Bucs agreed to terms with T Luke Petitgout.

Yet another high-risk signing for Tampa, but at least this one has a high reward. Petitgout is one of the best run blocking tackles in the league, and he doesn't have to protect the blind side if Chris Simms wins the Tampa job. Petitgout is coming off a broken leg and has a history of back troubles, so we suspect some incentives are built into the deal.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

What are your thoughts? I hope he is not injury prone.
    Dolfan since 1979

"Free-agent tackle Luke Petitgout has reached agreement with Tampa Bay on a three-year, $15.5 million deal that includes a $3 million signing bonus. "

Doesn't sound too bad to me. Better than the Carter deal in my opinion. The guy is 30 years old and shoud have no problem starting at LT for the Bucs.

Question is, Do the Bucs still take Joe Thomas if CJ is off the board?

Comment

I think this more or less locks Amobi in at #4 if Calvin doesn't fall to us.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

With the recent signings, it looks like we will trade down if CJ is gone. Amobi Okoye is not worth a top 5 pick or top 5 money, so there is no chance that we will draft him at #4. We would have to pay DeWayne Robertson money for a guy that is not an elite player or a high-impact player. There's only one possible outcome for drafting him at #4, and it's bad.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
          "Free-agent tackle Luke Petitgout has reached agreement with Tampa Bay on a three-year, $15.5 million deal that includes a $3 million signing bonus. "

Doesn't sound too bad to me. Better than the Carter deal in my opinion. The guy is 30 years old and shoud have no problem starting at LT for the Bucs.

Question is, Do the Bucs still take Joe Thomas if CJ is off the board?
          If Quinn is their we would be mad not to take him, he'd have a year to sit and learn behind Garcia, it would be perfect IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
            If Quinn is their we would be mad not to take him, he'd have a year to sit and learn behind Garcia, it would be perfect IMO.

Hi, my name is Chris Simms. Remember that time I helped lead the Bucs to the playoffs, where our O-Line and a Edell Shpered drop blew the game? And how I was a solid starter all season? No one ever seems to. :(

bonekrusher on the sig magic
            <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
            <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I love this signing, best LT available

Comment

Repeat after me: We are not getting another Quarterback this off season. Gruden should be fired if we do. Chris Simms is a good QB. Garcia doesn't want us to draft a QB in round one.

Comment

NOt a bad signing, and seriously etk, do you think ANY defnesive player is worthy of our first rounder? You bashed Adams and you don't tihnk OKoye is gonna be a superstar. Any defnesive players cath your eye then?
                  Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                  Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                  Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                  A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

I really like this deal, at the beginning of the off-season I didn't think there was any OL player that we realistically could get that would make a significant improvement. Im pleasently surprised.
                    "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                      NOt a bad signing, and seriously etk, do you think ANY defnesive player is worthy of our first rounder? You bashed Adams and you don't tihnk OKoye is gonna be a superstar. Any defnesive players cath your eye then?
                      Is any defensive player worth the 4th overall pic? No. But I could definitely see the Buccaneers drafting Gaines Adams with the #4 overall. He would add a great dimension to Tampas lacklustre pass rush and would continue with our D-Line overhaul.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                        Repeat after me: We are not getting another Quarterback this off season. Gruden should be fired if we do. Chris Simms is a good QB. Garcia doesn't want us to draft a QB in round one.
                        Chris Simms may be a good QB, but do you honestly think he is our future?

We signed Garcia to a two year deal, as thing's stand we have an unproven Simms who was only re-signed to a two year deal himself, thats hardly a glowing show of confidence IMO, and a second year 6th rounder!

To let Quinn sit for a year and learn the offense, would be an ideal situation, defensivly the draft has plenty of depth in most positions, I don't believe their is a top 5 defender in this years draft.

If CJ isn't their, I would hope we take Quinn, though if we selected Thomas, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Comment

Chris Simms may be a good QB, but do you honestly think he is our future?

We signed Garcia to a two year deal, as thing's stand we have an unproven Simms who was only re-signed to a two year deal himself, thats hardly a glowing show of confidence IMO, and a second year 6th rounder!

To let Quinn sit for a year and learn the offense, would be an ideal situation, defensivly the draft has plenty of depth in most positions, I don't believe their is a top 5 defender in this years draft.

If CJ isn't their, I would hope we take Quinn, though if we selected Thomas, I wouldn't lose any sleep.
                          I honestly would not be surprised if the Buccaneers drafting Quinn. He could sit behind Garcia for a year and learn from an experienced player.

In saying that, I do not think that the organisation is willing to give up on Simms yet. He has proven himself a decent starter in the past and I hope he can do it again in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                            I honestly would not be surprised if the Buccaneers drafting Quinn. He could sit behind Garcia for a year and learn from an experienced player.

In saying that, I do not think that the organisation is willing to give up on Simms yet. He has proven himself a decent starter in the past and I hope he can do it again in the future.

It wouldn't shock me if the Bucs took Quinn. I imagine a trade involving Simms would occur if Quinn was drafted.
                            "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                              There are 2 defensive players worthy of a top 5 pick this year IMO. LaRon Landry & Alan Branch. Branch could be a dominant NT, but he doesn't suit us. Landry will be a perennial Pro Bowler and have instant success. He is a complete safety. Because Branch does not fit our defense, Landry is the only defensive player worth drafting without trading down. I like Okoye but he is not worth a top 12 pick, and Gaines Adams is overrated and would have limited impact on our team because he can't stop the run. Jamaal Anderson would be an OK pick too. There's just a lack of breathtaking talent from the defensive guys this year. No AJ Hawks or Sean Taylors, etc.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information