Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sears Career in Jeopardy

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/5489

This is awful news should it be true, thoughts and prayers to the young man.

Thats too bad hopefully he ends up being OK.

Comment

what a burn.

Comment

that's terrible, feel sorry for him...but...can't resist...

Zuttah! <3
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

W...T...F...

thats awful, hope Sears can get well soon
          Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
          Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
          Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
          A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

ffffffffffffff

goddamn :C

bonekrusher on the sig magic
            <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
            <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Hope all works out for the guy

Comment

I hate to see something like that happen. He was a nice, solid OL and meshed well with the Bucs OL. I wish the guy a speedy recovery.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

This sucks. Sears is our best linemen IMO. Does he have PCS like Sam Baker or is it more serious? I've never heard of someone's career ending from a concussion....only several over the course of their career. That's obviously not the case.

As a result, headaches, depression, Alzheimer’s disease and other mental disorders can occur from brain damage, which is likely why the Bucs are being so cautious with Sears’ neurological condition and not clearing him to return to practice. It is not known if Sears is suffering with any of those severe effects.

Gulp. I've had 3 in a year. No mental disorders or Alzheimer's for me, please and thanks.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I say give him as much time as he needs. Brain issues are incredibly delicate and the last thing you want is to put him out there before he is ready (if he can ever be ready again).

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                      This sucks. Sears is our best linemen IMO. Does he have PCS like Sam Baker or is it more serious? I've never heard of someone's career ending from a concussion....only several over the course of their career. That's obviously not the case.

As a result, headaches, depression, Alzheimer’s disease and other mental disorders can occur from brain damage, which is likely why the Bucs are being so cautious with Sears’ neurological condition and not clearing him to return to practice. It is not known if Sears is suffering with any of those severe effects.

Gulp. I've had 3 in a year. No mental disorders or Alzheimer's for me, please and thanks.

I have had double digits in my life. I am going to be getting cat scans and **** on a 2-3 year basis once i turn 35
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

If he's still having symptoms...he can't go out on the field. They'll know when he's clearly because he'll literally feel clear. In that sense, head injuries are safer than say, a knee injury, because the player will know when the injury is fully healed. Other injuries can be played through when they're not fully healed and the player may not know.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

A brain injury of serious nature is never really healed. Concussions can be additive on a brain, damage wise. It's never a good thing to get a concussion with in 12 months of another never mind 3-5 in one year :/
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                            I have had double digits in my life. I am going to be getting cat scans and **** on a 2-3 year basis once i turn 35
                            That sucks. How does one get that many concussions in such a short span?

I'm in a bad situation because I've had 1 in each football season over the past year. I can't keep playing if I inevitably get a concussion within the first 4 games.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              A brain injury of serious nature is never really healed. Concussions can be additive on a brain, damage wise. It's never a good thing to get a concussion with in 12 months of another never mind 3-5 in one year :/
                              Concussions aren't considered "serious brain injury". That's why they're referred to as MTBI (mild traumatic brain injury). Maybe Sears got something worse?

In my case, my 1st concussion was fairly serious as I got knocked out and forgot what happened right before it. The last 2 were really minor and I actually played through the game without knowing...only becoming symptomatic the next day/few days.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information