Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we get a cliff's notes version

bonekrusher on the sig magic
    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
      I don't get to watch much college ball, but by all accounts Suh is a totally dominant D-lineman. What don't you like about him?
      Oh yeah he's totally dominant. I don't disagree with you there. The problem is the mechanism by which he dominates at the college level....it just doesn't project to the pros. Similar to a system QB that takes advantage of the dumber, slower college defenses.

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
      I've seen etk rant on Suh before, you don't want to get him started because he might not stop.
      lolololololololol

Yeah....the cliff notes version is basically that Suh is pure upper body strength and nothing else. He has really strong arms and sheds blocks very well, but he can't anchor and has limited lower body strength. His explosion/quickness off the snap is average and if he does jump the snap well he just doesn't have the power in his lower body to make an impact in the run game or get immediate penetration. He's a mixed bag....at the next level he'll make plays shedding off blocks and tackling the ballcarrier, but he isn't a very supportive player because he gets driven back in the run game, plus he'll struggle against bigger, stronger NFL interior linemen.

I've never been more confident in scouting/analysis than with Suh. There are others who agree but most people are just looking at his impressive production and dominance in shedding blocks and going "WOW".

Gerald McCoy, on the other hand, is one of the best DT prospects of all time. We should have our pick of the litter so it's up to our scouting department to make the right call.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
        Gerald McCoy, on the other hand, is one of the best DT prospects of all time. We should have our pick of the litter so it's up to our scouting department to make the right call.
        oh in that case then we're definitely getting Suh

bonekrusher on the sig magic
        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information