2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
    Even if Price is the better player? Not saying that Hughes is not a monster cause I like him very much. But I think that Price is the better player and that Price and Suh could be the two pillars to our defensive foundation.
    I am a big fan of price as well, but with Roy Miller(and yes I recognize the importance of having a strong DT rotation) I think we need to adress DE very badly.

However, saying that I am not a huge Hughes fan and would hope that someone like Everson Griffen falls to us

Comment

• I would take Price over Hughes if Suh was the pick. But I would most likely take Hughes over Price if McCoy was the pick (but itd be close).
      save Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
        Sears will be back. TBO.com is just trying to create discussion here, if you ask me.

As for adding a RT who can push Trueblood, I'd rather add one who can have him riding the pine, but Zuttah could be that guy when Sears is ready to return.

I'd really like to see the Bucs draft Brandon Carter in the mid-rounds, though. He's a mauler who needs to work on run blocking, but he's got a lot of potential and was one of the few linemen I saw actually give as good as he got against Suh.
        Carter would be nice, he could stay at RG or bump out to RT possibly. As far as giving Suh as good as he got, he did extremely well against Suh... as did all OGs in the 320+ range... which is my red flag because Suh was dominant when playing the 300 lb finesse OGs of the Big 12 but when he ran against Carter or the big OG from Arizona he was pretty much neutralized. I think Suh will be solid as a pro but I prefer we trade down and go for dynamic... then grab the best UT prospect in the draft... Lamarr Houston.... in round 2.

Comment

In the new Mock... They have us taking Suh. In the second we take Jerry Hughes... But Brian price is still there. Who would you draft... Hughes or Price?I think Price is the better player. And would set us up for 8+ years with the new mcfarland sapp combo.
          I really liked Brian Price going into the testing season. But his little spindly legs and lack of explosive measurables tell me his bust factor may be high. In his defense he was a true junior... anyways... drafting yet another DT ignores the fact that are foremost problem is getting pressure on the QB AND that we took a pretty decent DT last season in Miller. Dre Moore MIGHT be ready to contribute and Kyle Moore may be able to bounce inside in passing situations.

Anyways, deeper in the draft there are far better fits for our UT position. Lamarr Houston, Geno Atkins, and Earl Mitchell. All would provide the dynamic upfield quickness and rush that Price won't be able to provide.

Comment

• Originally posted by KennyG View Post
            Yea I know it's not all Caddy's fault last year, but he had a lot of games where he had around 15 carries or more with 30 to 50 yards, that is not cutting it imo. He is a good workhorse type of back now, I want that home run threat. A good running game would help out Freeman just as much as a 2nd round rookie WR imo... Ideally like Caddy said someone in the 3rd round if the value is there but I wouldn't mind pulling the trigger at 2b...
            Do you want a good running game or a homerun threat? Because you usually can't have both outside of Chris Johnson and AP... most other homerun threats don't provide a consistent running game, and most RBs that are the main contributor of a good running game aren't homerun threats.

Comment

• The skins are trying to trade Haynesworth... I'd give up a 3rd for him. Suh/McCoy and Haynesworth... forgetaboutit!!!

Comment

The skins are trying to trade Haynesworth... I'd give up a 3rd for him. Suh/McCoy and Haynesworth... forgetaboutit!!!
                Pass!

The Rams just cut Bulger! This just about locks in either Suh or McCoy as a Buccaneer.

Comment

• How could you pass on that?

Comment

How could you pass on that?
                    Because Haynesworth is a fat slob who only plays hard when he's in the last year of his contract and his contract is flat out ridiculous.

If we picked up Suh/McCoy AND Haynesworth, we'd have about $180 million invested in the defensive tackle positions (counting the guys currently on the roster). You can't justify that... ever. Let's put it this way: As the rosters currently stand, 4 of the 5 teams spending the most money at the defensive tackle position (Washington, Detroit, Kansas City, Oakland) are among the worst in football while the 6 teams spending the least at the position (Indy, Carolina, Miami, Houston, Tennessee, Arizona) all finished 8-8 or better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                      Because Haynesworth is a fat slob who only plays hard when he's in the last year of his contract and his contract is flat out ridiculous.

If we picked up Suh/McCoy AND Haynesworth, we'd have about $180 million invested in the defensive tackle positions (counting the guys currently on the roster). You can't justify that... ever. Let's put it this way: As the rosters currently stand, 4 of the 5 teams spending the most money at the defensive tackle position (Washington, Detroit, Kansas City, Oakland) are among the worst in football while the 6 teams spending the least at the position (Indy, Carolina, Miami, Houston, Tennessee, Arizona) all finished 8-8 or better.
                      Can we also take the teams you just said suck and see which one has a QB? Also how much do you think the colts are paying for there two DE's 120millish? Tenn had the 25th D in the NFL so there not just getting by. Houston has made two first round picks on dt's and missed on both.

The fact that we would be getting Haynesworth for half of what we were willing to pay last off season is a win on its own right, also put that together with the fact that we have the worst dt's in the league....

Let me ask you this... When we had Sapp, McFarland and Rice what do you think were paying them? Peanuts? Working for free? Or do you think we had one of the higher paid Dlines in the league? Cause its my understanding that when you're a good player you get paid for it... so us paying for Haynesworth and a Suh/McCoy wouldn't bug me. We need it.

Comment

• We won't trade for Haynesworth...

Comment

• So, I would trade one of my fingers for Brandon Marshall. Is that healthy?
                          save Freeman

Comment

• Depends on which finger on which hand.

Comment

• So now we're taking Suh, Griffen and Jackson in the new mock...

Love the Suh and Jackson picks... don't know about Griffen.

When we take Griffen in this mock Price, Houston and Dunlap are all still there. I think I would take any of them over Griffen.

Comment

So now we're taking Suh, Griffen and Jackson in the new mock...

Love the Suh and Jackson picks... don't know about Griffen.

When we take Griffen in this mock Price, Houston and Dunlap are all still there. I think I would take any of them over Griffen.
                                I would be a huge fan of getting Griffin. He is exactly the kind of passrushing DE we need, and he provides great value.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information