2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
    Is this joke? Suh was the leading tackler for his team last year and is the leading tackler this year so far. He's a DT so where do you think all those tackles are coming? He's by far the best DT in this draft. And were not even talking about his leadership which I was reading is like Ray Lewis.
    Those tackles come when he sheds blocks and latches onto the DTs. Why do you think he makes so many tackles while McCoy/Terrence Cody don't? It's because the great DTs hold their gap and force the RB to find a different hold.

Suh can't anchor and hold his gap. That's why I don't want him on my football team.

You obviously know very little about football if you think that tackle productivity=good lineman. Try not to state your opinions as facts when you don't have a clue about what you're talking about.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      Those tackles come when he sheds blocks and latches onto the DTs. Why do you think he makes so many tackles while McCoy/Terrence Cody don't? It's because the great DTs hold their gap and force the RB to find a different hold.

Suh can't anchor and hold his gap. That's why I don't want him on my football team.

You obviously know very little about football if you think that tackle productivity=good lineman. Try not to state your opinions as facts when you don't have a clue about what you're talking about.
      I know some about football. Don't go acting like some head of pro scouting or something. I've seen with my two eyes Suh throw OG off of him and make tackles for a loss. Yes some of them he's running down from behind which shows the great heart that he has. You don't see a lot of DT run down plays from behind. McCoy is very good at blowing into a gap and being in the back field. I've also seen McCoy just like I've seen Suh get pushed three to four yards back off the line. There both great players, I just prefer how strong Suh is to McCoy's speed. That's all. Also can't anchor his gap? You my friend are one of very few people who see this. Suh along with McCoy have been top 5 picks going back to last year. Sure he might get blown off the ball here and again... Let me ask you this? What DT have you seen thats never got blown off the line here and again?

Comment

I've never seen McCoy get blown off the ball at the snap. No 1st rounder should have that happen to him multiple times a game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
          I've never seen McCoy get blown off the ball at the snap. No 1st rounder should have that happen to him multiple times a game.

I think you are misinterpreting something here, in regards to Suh and McCoy. McCoy is more active with his hands, and Suh is more powerful with his. Both guys have their warts too. Suh, at times, isn't interested in rushing the passer and will instead just hold the LOS. Maybe it's the defense called, or maybe it's Suh setting something up for later (which is smart, imo) but he does at times get bottled up that way. McCoy, has an issue with over pursuing the play. He'll make a move, but the OC or OG will then just use his own momentum to ride him out of the play. But all that can be worked on.

They do though, both have the tools to succeed. Both are extremely athletic DT's, both are very good size. Stamina is not an issue with either player. Both are smart football players, play within themselves, and within their respective defenses.

And as far as McCoy not getting blown off the ball..... watch his game against the Miami Hurricanes a few weeks back. It wasn't pretty. For as many pressures as he had, he had just as many 'taken completely out of the play' plays. That wasn't like him. etk.... he isn't as perfect a prospect as you are making him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEagle View Post

And as far as McCoy not getting blown off the ball..... watch his game against the Miami Hurricanes a few weeks back. It wasn't pretty. For as many pressures as he had, he had just as many 'taken completely out of the play' plays. That wasn't like him. etk.... he isn't as perfect a prospect as you are making him out to be.
            I'm a Miami fan bro....I was watching the whole game. We were able to neutralize him because we made him the focal point of our blocking schemes. The rest of their line capitalized and Beal had a career game.

You can't blame McCoy for being a marked man in a good offensive gameplan.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

With how many sucky teams there are this season, if we win a game or two more, we could be looking at picking in the 4-10 range now. What are some 2nd tier prospects you guys like?

I think Dez Bryant becomes a real possibility now, and the most likely target after Berry/Suh/McCoy. Mays is probably up there, which scares me some. I wouldn't mind picking up Haden if we're closer to #10. Not much else though that really fits a need in that area though. Maybe a DE emerges as a top 10 pick by the time the draft comes around.
              Last edited by DJC; 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Anyone but Dunlap!!! I like Haden, Morgan, Bryant, Griffen, Hughes. With the dark horse being CJ Spiller. Thats if we pick 10ish. Team him up with ward cause Caddy is a free agent. Think if we pick anywhere after 5 we have to go with whatever DE grades out the best. One of those D ends I put down will be a top ten pick. Its the one that runs in the 4.5 to 4.7. I myself love Hughes and think is he runs a 4.6 that he will be a very high pick.

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
                  With how many sucky teams there are this season, if we win a game or two more, we could be looking at picking in the 4-10 range now. What are some 2nd tier prospects you guys like?

I think Dez Bryant becomes a real possibility now, and the most likely target after Berry/Suh/McCoy. Mays is probably up there, which scares me some. I wouldn't mind picking up Haden if we're closer to #10. Not much else though that really fits a need in that area though. Maybe a DE emerges as a top 10 pick by the time the draft comes around.
                  McCoy, Berry or bust....sorry. We gotta keep losing.

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                  Anyone but Dunlap!!! I like Haden, Morgan, Bryant, Griffen, Hughes. With the dark horse being CJ Spiller. Thats if we pick 10ish. Team him up with ward cause Caddy is a free agent. Think if we pick anywhere after 5 we have to go with whatever DE grades out the best. One of those D ends I put down will be a top ten pick. Its the one that runs in the 4.5 to 4.7. I myself love Hughes and think is he runs a 4.6 that he will be a very high pick.
                  Haden is overrated. He's not a top-15 athlete for the position. He's really stiff and benefits from playing from UFs DL and safeties. He'd get roasted on our defense.

Morgan is a beast. Not elite like McCoy/Berry but very solid.

Bryant is very talented. His attitude and antics turn me off. We've had enough divas like Keyshawn, Galloway, Bryant, Clayton. I want Golden Tate because he's a competitor. Dez Bryant is boom/bust.

Griffen is incomplete at this point. I need to see more of him.

Hughes is not a top-20 talent. He can run the arc, but that's it. Selvie is better imo.

CJ Spiller is a huge no. We have major holes and you want another RB? jeez.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

How is taking Cj a big no no. I understand that we need to draft for D but the person asked if we pick around ten what players would you like. How is taking a player that could take it to the house on any play a bad move? I know he's a running back, but it's just like three years ago. We passed on AP because we had Caddy and took Adams. If Cj is the best player when we pick. Take him we have drafted one pro bowler in the last 7 years. So I don't care where he plays as long as he's a very good player.

Comment

Not saying cj will be AP don't take the the wrong way. Just saying if he's anything like Chris Johnson from Tenn then you take him and make room on your team that's all.

Comment

Caddy
                        Ward
                        Graham
                        Clifton Smith

Drafting Spiller is a big NO! End of discussion. We've spent enough money on offensive skill position guys recently. We need to bolster our defense. We can't stop the run and our DBs get burned deep all game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

RB is a position were already stacked at. Clifton Smith is a guy that has explosiveness, we want to get him the ball more we just have so many other backs. Even if we lose Caddy it is still a position we are already strong at.

WR is the only weak point on offense. Especially if we don't resign Bryant. We could really use a good slot reciever, those guys like Winslow are good security blankets for a young QB to get the ball to. Freeman's development is most important and crap WRs hurts it.

Im not saying reach for a WR, just its a position that needs an upgrade. We should really get atleast a decent one in free agency. Getting bodies at CB and D-line is a must. We likely won't be able to address those positions as much as we'd like in the draft. All picks except the 1st rounder wouldn't be able to step in on day one and do a solid job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                            RB is a position were already stacked at. Clifton Smith is a guy that has explosiveness, we want to get him the ball more we just have so many other backs. Even if we lose Caddy it is still a position we are already strong at.

WR is the only weak point on offense. Especially if we don't resign Bryant. We could really use a good slot reciever, those guys like Winslow are good security blankets for a young QB to get the ball to. Freeman's development is most important and crap WRs hurts it.

Im not saying reach for a WR, just its a position that needs an upgrade. We should really get atleast a decent one in free agency. Getting bodies at CB and D-line is a must. We likely won't be able to address those positions as much as we'd like in the draft. All picks except the 1st rounder wouldn't be able to step in on day one and do a solid job.
                            Totally agree except the point about slot receivers. We have Winslow and Stroughter. We need WIDE OUTS that can get open and catch. I'd prefer size here but a guy like Golden Tate or Mardy Gilyard would be too good to pass up.

It's a really bad year for WRs. We better get one in FA. The only Senior w/size that I like for us is Brandon LaFell, but he'll be a high pick. Riley Cooper is underrated but Gator WRs have not been too successful in the NFL. Harvin is the obvious exception but he's a rare talent.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm not saying we should take a running back... What was asked was if we win some more games and are picking around ten who do you like. I just think when you are turning over a roster which is what we are doing you take the BPA not draft for need. All I'm saying is when we pick if Cj was the BPA I wouldn't be pissed about taking him. If there was a D linemen who had a better grade I would take him.

Comment

Don't take the BPA. Take the player that will help your team the most like someone else said earlier in the thread.

Spiller won't help us more than a player at a position of need.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information