No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to see Connor Barth play well today. Hopefully this means we dont have to spend a pick on a kicker

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
      Happy to see Connor Barth play well today. Hopefully this means we dont have to spend a pick on a kicker
      Yeah 3/3 from 50+ yards is a great effort. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Comment

gotta draft defense defense defense defense

bonekrusher on the sig magic
        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
          gotta draft defense defense defense defense
          I agree agree agree.

Josh Freeman is looking great out there for a rookie QB and our D is like a sieve at the moment. A good WR wouldn't hurt though.

Comment

sammie stroughter ****** rocks btw

i think we could maybe pick up a solid WR in freee agency but defense is the huge need right now

<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              Don't take the BPA. Take the player that will help your team the most like someone else said earlier in the thread.

Spiller won't help us more than a player at a position of need.
              Thats the worst way to draft... You can't tell me that three years ago we had Adams ranked higher than AP... We drafted for NEED that year and looked what happened!!! So your telling me that you would draft a player with a lower grade just because he fit a need over the better prospect!!! I'm sorry but when your team is 1 and 8 about to go maybe 3 and 13 you take the BPA. We've been drafting for need here in tampa for the last 8 years, and what has it got us? One pro bowl... ONE!!! Vikings had a 1200 yard rusher the year they took AP, now they have on of the top 3 best football players in the game today. Baltimore in 2003 has a great D wanted a QB in the draft couldn't get up so stood pat took the BPA who ended up being T Suggs. Or in 2004 we took drafted for NEED and took M Clayton over guys like DJ Williams or Will Smith cause Gurden wanted a WR. Passing on the BPA for NEED is the worst thing you ca do in a draft.
              Last edited by bigbuc; 11-15-2009, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                Thats the worst way to draft... You can't tell me that three years ago we had Adams ranked higher than AP... We drafted for NEED that year and looked what happened!!! So your telling me that you would draft a player with a lower grade just because he fit a need over the better prospect!!! I'm sorry but when your team is 1 and 8 about to go maybe 3 and 13 you take the BPA. We've been drafting for need here in tampa for the last 8 years, and what has it got us? One pro bowl... ONE!!! Vikings had a 1200 yard rusher the year they took AP, now they have on of the top 3 best football players in the game today. Baltimore in 2003 has a great D wanted a QB in the draft couldn't get up so stood pat took the BPA who ended up being T Suggs. Or in 2004 we took drafted for NEED and took M Clayton over guys like DJ Williams or Will Smith cause Gurden wanted a WR. Passing on the BPA for NEED is the worst thing you ca do in a draft.

mario williams says hello

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
                  mario williams says hello

I don't get it.

Comment

Also just wanted to say... It doesn't matter who we draft... until we fire Jim Bates this D will suck. That drive to win the game today made me want to puke. Even a bad Kiffen D would have put that game away.
                    Last edited by bigbuc; 11-15-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I don't get it.
                      The majority of people had Reggie Bush as the #1 prospect that year. The Texans took Williams (DE was a position of need) rather than making the luxury pick. I think it worked out pretty well for them.

Comment

Yeah Williams was a need but he was also going to be a top 2 pick. If Hou took Bush than NO was going to take Williams. I remember Mort from espn saying Gm's were calling Bush the second coming of Sayers and Williams the second coming of Reggie White. Both the players could have been first overall picks if they were in different drafts.

Comment

Riley Cooper is underrated but Gator WRs have not been too successful in the NFL. Harvin is the obvious exception but he's a rare talent.

Heard from a source close to Cooper...... that he's going to play baseball..... not football. Won't reveal who..... but it's reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEagle View Post
                            Heard from a source close to Cooper...... that he's going to play baseball..... not football. Won't reveal who..... but it's reliable.
                            Inside sources on a message board FTW!

Comment

You're really confused right now. Drafting for BPA is a myth. No one does it. Teams draft the highest guy on their board, meaning the player that they think will help them the most.

I'm not talking about drafting for need. You don't just decide what your biggest need is and then take the best guy at that position. You look over all your options and choose the player that has the best chance of contributing positively to your team.

Drafting a RB in the 1st round when you have:

-a former top 5 pick that's playing well
                              -a recent FA signee (4 years 17 million)
                              -a former starter who's versatile and plays ST
                              -a dynamic KR that has shown playmaking ability on offense when given the opportunity

Is downright insane. The RB will not improve the team as much as a key defensive piece would.

Hinsight is 20/20, but Gaines Adams was absolutely the right pick to make. We had a HUGE hole at DE with Simeon Rice on the verge of being cut. Adams was productive at Clemson and possessed incredible upside and elite athletic ability. Great talent + fills a need = no brainer.

He just didn't develop while he was in Tampa. NO ONE could've predicted that.

You have no way of knowing our draft strategy so don't pretend to know the inner workings of the team.

Lastly, and most importantly, DRAFT STRATEGY =/= DRAFT SUCCESS. BPA vs. need vs. any other strategy is almost irrelevant. What matters is the evaluation process. Our team sucks and our picks have sucked because our scouts do a poor job and our management picks the wrong players. Any draft strategy can be successful/unsuccessful depending on how well a team scouts and evaluates players, along with the decision making process of drafting.

Dexter Jackson was cut after a year because he's a bad player and a poor draft choice. Do you really think we took (what's essentially) a KR because he filled a need?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You're really confused right now. Drafting for BPA is a myth. No one does it. Teams draft the highest guy on their board, meaning the player that they think will help them the most.

I'm not talking about drafting for need. You don't just decide what your biggest need is and then take the best guy at that position. You look over all your options and choose the player that has the best chance of contributing positively to your team.

Drafting a RB in the 1st round when you have:

-a former top 5 pick that's playing well
                                -a recent FA signee (4 years 17 million)
                                -a former starter who's versatile and plays ST
                                -a dynamic KR that has shown playmaking ability on offense when given the opportunity

Is downright insane. The RB will not improve the team as much as a key defensive piece would.

Hinsight is 20/20, but Gaines Adams was absolutely the right pick to make. We had a HUGE hole at DE with Simeon Rice on the verge of being cut. Adams was productive at Clemson and possessed incredible upside and elite athletic ability. Great talent + fills a need = no brainer.

He just didn't develop while he was in Tampa. NO ONE could've predicted that.

You have no way of knowing our draft strategy so don't pretend to know the inner workings of the team.

Lastly, and most importantly, DRAFT STRATEGY =/= DRAFT SUCCESS. BPA vs. need vs. any other strategy is almost irrelevant. What matters is the evaluation process. Our team sucks and our picks have sucked because our scouts do a poor job and our management picks the wrong players. Any draft strategy can be successful/unsuccessful depending on how well a team scouts and evaluates players, along with the decision making process of drafting.

Dexter Jackson was cut after a year because he's a bad player and a poor draft choice. Do you really think we took (what's essentially) a KR because he filled a need?
                                That's what the word out of Tampa after we took Jackson... That he could help out on KR and maybe become what Steve Smith is today.

I'm not saying for us to draft a running back ETK. The question was asked if we keep winning and pick around ten who do you like. I said CJ only because he's a game changer. And that if it was him or a lesser player on D I wouldn't be pissed if we took him over the lesser player.

Also Caddy a free agent after this year don't think you would want to resign a guy with two blown out knee caps. I think Ward is a nice second back. But if he was so good he would have beat out the guy with two blown out knee caps for the starting job. EG is a nice team player and great person and love how he helps the team. But he's not a starter in this league, only reason he did start is because we lost both backs that were in front of him. And just because C Smith can juke out back ups in pre-season and be a KR does not mean that he can be a starting running back. Do we need to draft a top 15 RB? NO we do not. But lets not joke ourselves here. It not like our running backs are ripping up teams. Again I'm not saying for us to draft a running back or to look to draft a running back. What I'm saying is that on draft day we move down or pick around 10 to 12 and CJ is far and above the BPA and we took him. Over lesser players I would not be one bit pissed.
                                Last edited by bigbuc; 11-16-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information