No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 4 of those RBs are quality backs. Look around the league. Tons of journeymen and late round picks contributing for different teams. Cedric Benson went from 1st round pick to nobody to a force. Thomas Jones bounced around the league and now he's a stud for the Jets.

Bottom line is that there are tons of good backs to go around and teams shouldn't spend a high pick on one unless it's a major need or a surefire talent in question.

I agree that our offense is in dire need of a dynamic gamebreaking threat (I wanted Harvin for years btw), but that kind of playmaker should be a pass-catcher, not a ballcarrier.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Loing time since i've been on here, I love suh and i want him, wouldnt mind if somehow we trade picks to get back into the 1st round and get everson griffen. Side note my fav player in the draft is dez bryant!

Comment

I want us to draft Tate with our first second rounder so bad. The kid has it all.

Comment

He definitely doesn't have size.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm sorry you're right etk, he doesn't have size. He's he's only 5 foot 10. Still makes play after play with the ball in the air, can make guys miss and can go deep. The guy can ball... don't hate cause he's not 6'3 and 220.

Comment

I love Tate, but I'm being a perfectionist. If he had size he would be have it all and be a top 10 pick. Instead he's looked at as Mark Clayton 2.0.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

If we get Suh or McCoy in the first round would you guys be pissed if we traded our second rounder for Glenn Dorsey? I know Roy Miller been good but I don't think he could have an impact on a game like Dorsey could if he ever gets to play the 3tech in a one gap system. KC has had talks with other teams about moving him.

Comment

When I was watching MNF and saw the Saints killing the Pats it hit me, we are going to have to play this team for the division every year and have to deal with Brees. So I started thinking about the draft and came away with this.

I think we should use almost if not all our picks on defensive players and should come away with DT, DE, two CB's and a LB with our first five picks at least. I feel its going to take us one more year to get good so in 2011 draft we can go after a big time WR like Green or Floyd.

Comment

It's kind of a tough decision to make regarding WR. As much as the above plan makes sense, giving Freeman a big time receiver or at least a capable starter would do wonders for his development. Thankfully we have Winslow to help out.

There is a few FA's scheduled to hit the market who could also help.

Comment

I agree with the all defense approach to this draft, but I think we should take a WR in the 2nd. As long as his name isn't Dexter Jackson, he should be able to develop well with Freeman over the long term. I think taking all D would help us more immediately, but I don't think that really matters, we are still at least 2-3 years away from competing for the playoffs. It would be better for us to develop our young players next year, and if they don't work out, oh well a better draft pick next season.

I hope we end up with DT, DE, WR, CB, CB with our first five picks. We can wait on LB until we are closer to challenging for the playoffs. LBs often develop quickly and a 1st rounder in a couple years could have a big impact. Although a 2nd/3rd round LB could have a big impact in a couple years down the road, a young WRs opportunity to spend an extra year or two developing alongside Freeman would be huge. Plus you can never get that time back.
                      Last edited by Captain Fear; 12-02-2009, 10:25 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                        If we get Suh or McCoy in the first round would you guys be pissed if we traded our second rounder for Glenn Dorsey? I know Roy Miller been good but I don't think he could have an impact on a game like Dorsey could if he ever gets to play the 3tech in a one gap system. KC has had talks with other teams about moving him.
                        What are you talking about now? ugh....

Roy Miller is our NT. If we drafted Suh or McCoy, that would be the other DT (depends on the system). Why are you talking about adding another 3-tech? You make no sense.

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                        It's kind of a tough decision to make regarding WR. As much as the above plan makes sense, giving Freeman a big time receiver or at least a capable starter would do wonders for his development. Thankfully we have Winslow to help out.

There is a few FA's scheduled to hit the market who could also help.
                        Freeman would be better off with Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, AJ Green, DeAndre Brown, Jonathan Baldwin, Demaryius Thomas, etc. All those guys are easily 1st round, if not top 20, talents imo.

It's worth the wait.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post

Roy Miller is our NT. If we drafted Suh or McCoy, that would be the other DT (depends on the system). Why are you talking about adding another 3-tech? You make no sense.

Freeman would be better off with Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, AJ Green, DeAndre Brown, Jonathan Baldwin, Demaryius Thomas, etc. All those guys are easily 1st round, if not top 20, talents imo.

It's worth the wait.
                          I hope you are right about the waiting thing. I just want the team to ensure Freeman's development as a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post

etk you act like teams don't need backups in this league. That D linemen don't get hurt all the time. That when you play in Florida with the heat and humidly so high that 300 pound guys don't need a blow once in a while. The NY GMEN went out and gave up something like 30 million bucks to Chris Canty when they already had one of the best front fours last year. The fact that NY had Michael Strahan went and drafted Osi then drafted Tuck and then got Kiwanuka. Guess what? They all play DE but they found ways to get them all on the field at the same time. Hell drafting all of them won NY a super bowl! Also it came in handy when Osi went down ( back to that getting hurt thing ) to have a player like Kiwanuka come in and play for him.

You can't just go and pick very good D linemen off the D linemen tree thats in the backyard. Atlanta just drafted Peria Jerry and signed Babineaux to a big deal and they were trying to trade for Glenn Dorsey at the trade deadline this year. Oh yeah by the way we are in one, if not the best running division in all of football. So if drafting Suh or McCoy, trading our second for Dorsey and having a three tackle rotation of those two plus Roy Miller makes me sound dumb fine. But I don't think its that bad of an idea being that our DT's now are an undersized old Hovan and a top ten bust in Sims.

Comment

Ok with no trades coming from the Bucs my dream draft would be.

1.Ndamukong Suh- Big, strong and fast would give us a great player on the
                              D line with him and Roy Miller as our Dt's maybe we won't see NFC South teams run for 200 plus on us anymore.

2.Brandon Graham- Strong, just a bull of a man. Put him on the strong side and let him shut down the run and get into the Qb's face.

2.Eric Norwood- Bigger backer than we in Tampa are use to, but fast and can get to the Qb. Put him at the SAM backer spot and let him do his thing.

3.Alterraun Verner- Love the way this guy plays. Makes tackles in the run game. Been the best cornerback on a very good defense for two years now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                                etk you act like teams don't need backups in this league. That D linemen don't get hurt all the time. That when you play in Florida with the heat and humidly so high that 300 pound guys don't need a blow once in a while. The NY GMEN went out and gave up something like 30 million bucks to Chris Canty when they already had one of the best front fours last year. The fact that NY had Michael Strahan went and drafted Osi then drafted Tuck and then got Kiwanuka. Guess what? They all play DE but they found ways to get them all on the field at the same time. Hell drafting all of them won NY a super bowl! Also it came in handy when Osi went down ( back to that getting hurt thing ) to have a player like Kiwanuka come in and play for him.

You can't just go and pick very good D linemen off the D linemen tree thats in the backyard. Atlanta just drafted Peria Jerry and signed Babineaux to a big deal and they were trying to trade for Glenn Dorsey at the trade deadline this year. Oh yeah by the way we are in one, if not the best running division in all of football. So if drafting Suh or McCoy, trading our second for Dorsey and having a three tackle rotation of those two plus Roy Miller makes me sound dumb fine. But I don't think its that bad of an idea being that our DT's now are an undersized old Hovan and a top ten bust in Sims.
                                An outstanding 3 tackle rotation is a nice luxury to have. SEE THE BOLDED WORD. Our team needs help in a lot more areas than DT. We need multiple DBs, we need a pass rushing DE, and we need a WR. Of those 3 positions, the only one we can get away with ignoring is WR. We absolutely need at least 1 good CB and 1 pass rushing RDE. No room for 2 DTs with our first 2 picks. We have no business spending a high pick on a 20-25 snap player when we have pressing needs at other positions.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information