2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Draft Thread

As it unfortunately looks like we'll have a top 5 pick this year, who do you guys think we will end up with?

McCoy? Suh? Berry? someone else?

Give me McCoy or give me death!!

Comment

Knowing how bad we are this year, do you think we would've chosen somebody other than Josh Freeman in the hopes of getting one of the top quarterbacks of this draft?

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
        Knowing how bad we are this year, do you think we would've chosen somebody other than Josh Freeman in the hopes of getting one of the top quarterbacks of this draft?
        We should have chosen someone different regardless of where we pick this year. Freeman won't be any good and we have too many other holes, fill up those holes with Josh Johnson at QB and if we still stink, at least we know where the issue lies.

As for this year's draft, I think DL is the top priority
        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
        A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

I think we should go bigger on the DL... McCoy is great but I think we should take Suh. The guy is a monster. But still rush the passer.. We have to face two of the best backs in the league four times a year and NO can run the ball too!

Suh all the way!!!

Comment

I agree with the D-Line sentiment as well. We desperately need extra bodies.

I honestly don't give a damn if it is at end or at tackle because both need desperate help. We produce very little pass rush, and our interior gets walked on by pretty much every offensive line.

Comment

is it possible to take suh and berry with the same pick

bonekrusher on the sig magic
              <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
              <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                I think we should go bigger on the DL... McCoy is great but I think we should take Suh. The guy is a monster. But still rush the passer.. We have to face two of the best backs in the league four times a year and NO can run the ball too!

Suh all the way!!!
                Suh is deceiving in that regard. He really isn't the run-stopper he's made out to be.

Think about the great NTs across the league (Pat Williams, Casey Hampton, Jamal Williams, etc.). They're all massive space-eaters that can get leverage and anchor to hold their ground. Suh gets moved around very easily. He has little power/strength in his lower body and struggles to anchor against college guards that are much smaller than he is. Watch the film of him against Clemson as a Jr....he actually gets driven back more than 5 yards on one play! Now imagine how he'd fare against bigger stronger NFL linemen.

Suh is great at disengaging from blocks to make tackles in pursuit, but his inability to anchor in the run game creates holes for backs to run through. To stop the run we need DTs that push back the opposition, not the other way around.

McCoy, despite being slightly smaller than Suh, actually gets a lot more push in the run game because he can sink his hips and explode with power across the LOS. Let's also keep in mind that we drafted Roy Miller to be our NT for the future so McCoy is a + in the run game as an UT or "pass rushing DT".

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think I am leaning towards Eric Berry with the top 5 pick we get..... and then addressing the DL with the 2 second-rounders and and early third-round pick.

Those who know me, know that I do like Ndamukong Suh a lot, and think he and Gerald McCoy are both going to be very good DT's in the pros. But the more tape I watch...... the more I don't want to pass up Eric Berry. And to me..... that is becoming more and more a reality when I watch the "second tier" DT's in college do well. Boo Robinson, Marvin Austin, and guys like that.

1 - Eric Berry
                  2a - Eric Norwood
                  2b - Marvin Austin
                  3 - Boo Robinson

Of course..... this is under the assumption that Jim Bates is the DC.... and there's a good possibility that he's not. So... that may change drastically in the next 180 or so days.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEagle View Post
                    I think I am leaning towards Eric Berry with the top 5 pick we get..... and then addressing the DL with the 2 second-rounders and and early third-round pick.

Those who know me, know that I do like Ndamukong Suh a lot, and think he and Gerald McCoy are both going to be very good DT's in the pros. But the more tape I watch...... the more I don't want to pass up Eric Berry. And to me..... that is becoming more and more a reality when I watch the "second tier" DT's in college do well. Boo Robinson, Marvin Austin, and guys like that.

1 - Eric Berry
                    2a - Eric Norwood
                    2b - Marvin Austin
                    3 - Boo Robinson

Of course..... this is under the assumption that Jim Bates is the DC.... and there's a good possibility that he's not. So... that may change drastically in the next 180 or so days.
                    We don't own two second round picks. K2 was traded to us for a second.

Comment

We don't own two second round picks. K2 was traded to us for a second.

Uh...... no.

Kellen Winslow was traded for a 2009 2nd round pick and a 2010 5th round pick.

Here is a summary of our picks in the 2010 Draft, after the Gaines Adams trade:

Round 1 Buccaneers
                      Round 2 Buccaneers
                      Round 2 Bears (Gaines Adams trade)
                      Round 3 Buccaneers
                      Round 4 Buccaneers
                      Round 5 Patriots (Alex Smith trade)
                      Round 5 or 6 Jaguars (conditional pick for Luke McCown - not official)
                      Round 6 Buccaneers
                      Round 7 Buccaneers
                      Round 7 Ravens (Marques Douglas trade)

(Tampa Bay's fifth-round pick in 2010 belongs to Cleveland for the second part of the Kellen Winslow trade)

With a top 5 pick, we'll have 4 selections in the top 70. This draft is going to be very important for us. We can't afford to miss on the early picks.

Comment

Uh...... no.

Kellen Winslow was traded for a 2009 2nd round pick and a 2010 5th round pick.

Here is a summary of our picks in the 2010 Draft, after the Gaines Adams trade:

Round 1 Buccaneers
                        Round 2 Buccaneers
                        Round 2 Bears (Gaines Adams trade)
                        Round 3 Buccaneers
                        Round 4 Buccaneers
                        Round 5 Patriots (Alex Smith trade)
                        Round 5 or 6 Jaguars (conditional pick for Luke McCown - not official)
                        Round 6 Buccaneers
                        Round 7 Buccaneers
                        Round 7 Ravens (Marques Douglas trade)

(Tampa Bay's fifth-round pick in 2010 belongs to Cleveland for the second part of the Kellen Winslow trade)

With a top 5 pick, we'll have 4 selections in the top 70. This draft is going to be very important for us. We can't afford to miss on the early picks.
                        Haha my bad.

I've been thinking we're going to lose our second round pick the last few months. That's awesome that we still have it.

Comment

Haha my bad.

I've been thinking we're going to lose our second round pick the last few months. That's awesome that we still have it.

It's huge..... given the talent in this draft.

And given the uncertainty surrounding the CBA, as there is a chance the next CBA is likely going to have a rookie cap similar to the NHL or NBA, there may be an extra influx of declaring juniors and redshirt sophomores than usual this year..... so they can cash in a bigger deal while they can.

So that's extra great for us..... with the extra second rounder and high 3rd. But like I said.... we can't afford to screw it up. No more Dexter Jacksons and Chris Colmers.

Comment

It's huge..... given the talent in this draft.

And given the uncertainty surrounding the CBA, as there is a chance the next CBA is likely going to have a rookie cap similar to the NHL or NBA, there may be an extra influx of declaring juniors and redshirt sophomores than usual this year..... so they can cash in a bigger deal while they can.

So that's extra great for us..... with the extra second rounder and high 3rd. But like I said.... we can't afford to screw it up. No more Dexter Jacksons and Chris Colmers.
                            Yeah that is 100% true. We are going to have a shot at some awesome talent this year. Hopefully we pick more Davin Joseph's and Aqib Talib's than we do Dexter Jackson's and Michael Clayton's.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                              Suh is deceiving in that regard. He really isn't the run-stopper he's made out to be.

Think about the great NTs across the league (Pat Williams, Casey Hampton, Jamal Williams, etc.). They're all massive space-eaters that can get leverage and anchor to hold their ground. Suh gets moved around very easily. He has little power/strength in his lower body and struggles to anchor against college guards that are much smaller than he is. Watch the film of him against Clemson as a Jr....he actually gets driven back more than 5 yards on one play! Now imagine how he'd fare against bigger stronger NFL linemen.

Suh is great at disengaging from blocks to make tackles in pursuit, but his inability to anchor in the run game creates holes for backs to run through. To stop the run we need DTs that push back the opposition, not the other way around.

McCoy, despite being slightly smaller than Suh, actually gets a lot more push in the run game because he can sink his hips and explode with power across the LOS. Let's also keep in mind that we drafted Roy Miller to be our NT for the future so McCoy is a + in the run game as an UT or "pass rushing DT".
                              Is this joke? Suh was the leading tackler for his team last year and is the leading tackler this year so far. He's a DT so where do you think all those tackles are coming? He's by far the best DT in this draft. And were not even talking about his leadership which I was reading is like Ray Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information