My thoughts on week 5 vs Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on week 5 vs Eagles

Just watched the game for a second time.

-Josh Johnson played very well, especially in the first half. If Clayton and Bryant didnt drop everything thrown their way, he would have had a monster stat line. I originally thought Freeman would start playing after the bye week but now I think JJ will keep the job for the entire season. I think he beats Carolina next week.

- Elbert Mack and Will Allen are awful. Why is Allen even out there now that Tanard is back?

- Winslow is a beast and needs to be targeted 15 times a game. Hopefully his knee holds up.

- Roy Miller is going to be a good starting NT in the future.

-Donald Penn is not only a great LT but can also catch the ball! He needs to be signed to a long term deal NOW. He might be the best player on the team.

-I believe Jeff Faine is back next week. If so, expect a huge boost to the run game. Mahan is pathetic.

-Gaines still sucks but i dont know what we can do with him...
    save Freeman

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
    Just watched the game for a second time.

-Josh Johnson played very well, especially in the first half. If Clayton and Bryant didnt drop everything thrown their way, he would have had a monster stat line. I originally thought Freeman would start playing after the bye week but now I think JJ will keep the job for the entire season. I think he beats Carolina next week.

- Elbert Mack and Will Allen are awful. Why is Allen even out there now that Tanard is back?

- Winslow is a beast and needs to be targeted 15 times a game. Hopefully his knee holds up.

- Roy Miller is going to be a good starting NT in the future.

-Donald Penn is not only a great LT but can also catch the ball! He needs to be signed to a long term deal NOW. He might be the best player on the team.

-I believe Jeff Faine is back next week. If so, expect a huge boost to the run game. Mahan is pathetic.

-Gaines still sucks but i dont know what we can do with him...
    Was anyone else surprised that Jimmy Wilkerson got 3 sacks? I was at first, until I remembered he was lining up against Winston Justice...

Just on Donald Penn, he is a good starting LT but he still seems to have trouble with smaller, agile pass rushers.

Comment

Wilkerson had the quietest 3 sack game of all time. I watched the game twice and only realized he had 3 sacks when I saw it written on another message board.
      save Freeman

Comment

I hate the fact that we run zone blocking! First off Philly showed that we suck at it. Second we have a monster for a RG and a nice LG, these guys should be eatting D linemen for dinner. But no, we are asking them to cut there legs out. I would love next year if we go back to a man blocking. I see how NY, ATL and MIA run the ball and it sucks cause that could have been us. Do you know how many times I've seen D linemen shoot the gaps on us and our O linemen are pushing them in the back because there halfway past them... I think Phl did it to us five times and blew up the running play for a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
          I hate the fact that we run zone blocking! First off Philly showed that we suck at it. Second we have a monster for a RG and a nice LG, these guys should be eatting D linemen for dinner. But no, we are asking them to cut there legs out. I would love next year if we go back to a man blocking. I see how NY, ATL and MIA run the ball and it sucks cause that could have been us. Do you know how many times I've seen D linemen shoot the gaps on us and our O linemen are pushing them in the back because there halfway past them... I think Phl did it to us five times and blew up the running play for a loss.
          To be fair they were sending 5-6-7-8 man blitzes the whole game. If we had an experience AND good QB this wouldn't have happened as often.

Comment

our qb is awesome what are you talking about

bonekrusher on the sig magic
            <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
            <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information