Your Top 5 at DT, DE, OLB and MLB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KennyG View Post
    Legacy, boynamedsuh, caddy you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about this years draft, got a question and pardon but I didn't want to start a new thread...
    Every year there are teams who reach for someone or suprise everyone with who they choose. If you had to predict or guess for this years draft what teams do you see reaching or pulling a shocker pick in the first round?
    Not as knowledgeable as Legacy, but off the top of my head I would assume that the Bills, Raiduhs and Redskins reach this year. In following the draft casually for the past decade, I think those teams seem to always reach in the first round.

Bills need a QB and I could see them drafting one in the first. Not that it would be smart of them to do so.

Raiduhs are always reaching for freakish athletes that hardly ever translate into productive NFL players.

Redskins never seem to have a plan, because of all the regime changes. IMO

Comment

There is NO way we get Price. He will go top 15. Here are his season highlights for those that cant watch UCLA. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQMYESMEaY

Ill post my top 5 lists a bit later... let me just say Rico McCoy will not be a factor in the NFL... too small

Also, Ruud absolutely needs to be replaced. He has been a joke vs the run this year. I would love for Spikes to fall to the 2nd but thats not happening. Daryl Washington looked really good tonight vs Boise
      Last edited by Me Likey Rookies; 01-05-2010, 12:48 AM.
      save Freeman

Comment

Damn. I like him alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
          Also, Ruud absolutely needs to be replaced.
          uh .

bonekrusher on the sig magic
          <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
          <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

We were the 32nd ranked run defense this year and Ruud is part of the problem.
            save Freeman

Comment

We were the 32nd ranked run defense this year and Ruud is part of the problem.
              The fact that we have two jokers at starting defensive tackle and we were using a craptastic defensive system that didn't cater to the strengths of the players on the roster are a bigger reason why the Bucs were horrible against the run this year.

Ruud may need to be replaced, even if he doesn't leave this offseason, but I'd hardly consider it a pressing need. We need a stud defensive tackle and some young defensive ends who strike fear into the hearts of opposing quarterbacks. That is the only way the defense will get better.

Comment

For the record, any list that doesn't include Brian Price or does include Terrance Cody is completely invalid shows a complete lack of understanding of the T-2 defense.

Before reading, let me explain why I have the players' years on here. I believe that the longer a player stays in college, the better he SHOULD play. Gaines Adams was a 6th year senior when leaving Clemson and didn't dominate until year 5. This shows that it took him a long time to be a force. By the time he was in year 6, he was closer to full physical maturity and had more experience than everybody else he played.

DT
                Suh-has looked like God at times, but struggles, see TTech and Arizona games, against big OGs. 5th year player that started dominating in year 4.

McCoy-flashes great potential as an UT at times, does not put up big numbers. 4th
                year players that started dominating in year 3.

Price-like McCoy, flashes dominance as an UT, needs to use hands better but his stats show that he is as good as Suh, yet he is only a 3rd year player that startied dominating in year 2.

Houston-former high school FB that really has great speed and motor. Played the best bowl game of any DT in the country. 4th year player that dominated as a 2nd year DE and 4th year DT

Alualu-3-4 LDE that has a protype UT body and speed but has limited experience inside. 4th year player that started dominating in year 3.

DE-I'm torn on this position, the top guys have big question marks.

D. Morgan-3rd year junior that I'm not sold on. He can rush the passer and pursue down the line and make tackles... but how high can you be on a guy that played for such a terrible defense? GTech defense was awful! How much impact did Morgan really have and how can he improve the Bucs? He is probably more of a LDE. You don't take LDEs in the 4-3 top 5.

Hardy-Injury prone with tons of questions about character and work ethic. Not really strong against the run either. 4th year guy that started showing dominance in year 2.
                Dunlap-great physical ability but questionable production, character, work ethic and brains. 3rd year guy that started dominating in year 2. boom or bust.

DE/DT Jeffrey Fitzgerald-LDe/UT type that has good speed and bulk to be an Ellis Wyms-type player. 5th year guy that dominated in year 1 as the top rookie in the ACC.

Tie O'Brien Schofield/Jerry Hughes/Brandon Graham/Brandon Sharpe-to me, these are the same guy. Undersized, tough, quick and productive. All would probably get more consideration from 3-4 teams but any/all could be a Freeney-type rusher from RDE.

LB-for the Tampa-2, McClain is not where it is at. ps, the 4th year 5th year thing only helps LBs, not hurts, so no points deducted for being a late bloomer. One other note, I listed 5 LBs regardless of Mike or Will because as Monte said, "If a guy can play the Will for us, he can play all 3 positions."

Sean Weathersppon-Athletic and productive. Weathersppon combines smooth hips with a an eye for the ball to be my #1 true T-2 LB.

Daryl Washington-speedy athletic and productive, a very good fit in a t-2.
                Pat Angerer-anybody actually seen this guy play? He's EVERYWHERE. He is the prototype Mike for the t-2.

Daryl Sharpton-rangy LB that is too short for most teams but would fit nice in the t-2.
                Projection Alert-Myron Rolle- Ok, this guy was a S in college, a year ago anyways. He's been out of football for a year because he's like the smartest kid a live... but he has okay size for the position but he is too slow to play S but he is too smart and productive not to thin he can switch to LB and be a force.
                Last edited by brasho; 01-16-2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
                  First off, Hayes is a perfect fit for what we're trying to do here on D now and will be around as the WLB for many, many years. As for Quincy, jury is still out on him. He could definitely be improved upon, but bigger needs should be filled first.

Penn is good, but he's much better in pass protection than in run blocking. He's also kind of let himself go and gained some weight this year, which is a little worrisome for the future if we're committing a long term deal to him. Trueblood IMO has to be replaced.

Middle linebacker, Im not even going to worry about that. Ruud isn't going anywhere.

DE
                  1. Derrick Morgan
                  2. Everson Griffen
                  3. Brandon Graham
                  4. Sergio Kindle
                  5. Greg Hardy
                  HM: Willie Young

Ricky Sapp's potential is intriguing, but am I the only one that is a little scared of the Gaines Adams similarities? I think Hughes will be a 34OLB. I want to avoid Dunlap at all costs.

DT
                  1. Ndamukong Suh
                  2. Gerald McCoy
                  3. Brian Price
                  4. Dan Williams
                  5. Jared Odrick
                  Sleepers: D'Anthony Smith & Vince Oghobaase

Luckily for us, there's some talent here throughout the draft. I'd love to get Price somehow if we miss out on McCoy, but I dont think he'll last pass the 15th pick considering his scheme versatility and upside. I like D'Anthony Smith and Vince Oghobaase if we could get them in the late 2nd/3rd, respectively.

LB
                  1. Sean Weatherspoon
                  2. Eric Norwood
                  3. Daryl Washington
                  4. Roddick Muckelroy
                  5. AJ Edds
                  Sleeper: Dekoda Watson

I would love to pickup Washington if everything fell into place, I just don't think LB is big enough of a need to take one in the first 3 rounds. Dekoda could slip a bit because of his size, but would be a nice fit.
                  Bump for this being the most spot on pre draft post I re-read tonight. Strong work, sir.

Almost had the top 5 DT's in draft order (missing Alualu)

"Sleeper: Dekoda Watson"

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

There is NO way we get Price. He will go top 15. Here are his season highlights for those that cant watch UCLA. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQMYESMEaY

Ill post my top 5 lists a bit later... let me just say Rico McCoy will not be a factor in the NFL... too small

Also, Ruud absolutely needs to be replaced. He has been a joke vs the run this year. I would love for Spikes to fall to the 2nd but thats not happening. Daryl Washington looked really good tonight vs Boise
                    Well, you were sort of correct in that Rico McCoy went undrafted. But missed on Price going in the top 15....still glad he fell to us, though. lol

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information