Would this trade ever happen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TornadoRex View Post
    The last time we felt comfortable about sitting pretty with our 2nd rounders, we got Gaines Adams and Sabby Piscitelli.

Suh's the real deal. Go get him.
    And the last time we got antsy-pantsy about trading 2nd rounders on draft day, we ended up with Dexter Jackson.

Not that I'm saying Suh will bust like Jackson did... Just that we missed out on some fantastic prospects by making a trade like that. This year's draft is very deep. Guys like Everson Griffen, Brian Price and Mike Iupati may fall to the top of the 2nd round, so I'd be ok with sitting where we are in the first in order to scoop up more prospects who can have an immediate impact on this team rather than using multiple picks to land a single player.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
      And the last time we got antsy-pantsy about trading 2nd rounders on draft day, we ended up with Dexter Jackson.

Not that I'm saying Suh will bust like Jackson did... Just that we missed out on some fantastic prospects by making a trade like that. This year's draft is very deep. Guys like Everson Griffen, Brian Price and Mike Iupati may fall to the top of the 2nd round, so I'd be ok with sitting where we are in the first in order to scoop up more prospects who can have an immediate impact on this team rather than using multiple picks to land a single player.
      With Dexter... we didn't have the stones to move up and grab Desean. I've said that I'd rather fall down trying than not having the guts to go out and make some daring moves.

In all reality, I guess I'm fine with Berry. Iupati had better be there at 35, though. ;)

Comment

I'd have NO problem using 1.03 and 2.10 on Suh.

Comment

hahahahaha this thread is great, not that will never happen EVER!

thread over

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
            hahahahaha this thread is great, not that will never happen EVER!

thread over
            You don't think STL would consider trading down? I think they'll take Suh if they keep the #1 pick, but I certainly wouldn't say "not that will never happen EVER!" in regards to them trading down a couple spots and taking a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ997 View Post
              You don't think STL would consider trading down? I think they'll take Suh if they keep the #1 pick, but I certainly wouldn't say "not that will never happen EVER!" in regards to them trading down a couple spots and taking a QB.
              maybe the trade will happen but not the one you proposed that is so lop sided for the Bucs just because your a Bucs fan who wanted Suh, for the trade to work IMO they will have to give us a 1st, 2nd, & 3rd rounder. also swapping 4th is silly too

Comment

Maybe swap 1st rounders, give up the Bears 2nd and 2011 3rd rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                  maybe the trade will happen but not the one you proposed that is so lop sided for the Bucs just because your a Bucs fan who wanted Suh, for the trade to work IMO they will have to give us a 1st, 2nd, & 3rd rounder. also swapping 4th is silly too
                  The guy who suggested the original trade is a Rams fan. I'd also be willing to make the trade you recommend. It's less appealing, but I'd hate to let a 3rd round pick stop us from getting a dominant DT. If STL decides that they aren't going to take Suh (which I'm sure will piss you off immensly), they would be very wise to take what they can get from the Lions or Bucs in trade. Picking up an additional early 2nd rounder to move down 2 spots isn't as lopsided for the Bucs as you suggest.

Last year the Browns traded 1.05 for 1.17 and 2.20 (and 3 role players).

Comment

I think such a trade is entirely realistic. Asssuming the Rams want to take Clausen, they can essentially drop down to #3 and still get the player they would have taken with #1. I don't think it that far out of the realm of possibility to be honest.

Comment

I think it would cost the Buc's to much. I know I know we are talking about a dominant DT Suh, but I would rather see us take McCoy and keep our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Suh was great as a 5th year senior, last year as a 4th year junior he was pretty good, but nearly as good as 3rd year Junior Brian Price was this year. I would prefer we trade down to #15 and pick Price who might end up better than McCoy and Suh...o course I might say the same thing about Lamarr Houston.

After the Texas game I was banging the Suh drum louder than everybody but then I saw him against Arizona's big OLine and he struggled and made little impact, then I looked back to see what he did against Texas Tech and 340-lb OG Brandon Carter... and he struggled. Then I looked at Suh's best games and saw he absolutely dominated against the smaller OGs and didn't do as well against the bigger ones... the bigger ones like the ones he'll face in the NFL. I'm not saying I'm not impressed and interested in Suh, just that I no longer believe that he is Suh-per Human.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information