Would this trade ever happen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this trade ever happen?

Alright, first off I would like to say that I'm a Rams fan and that I think they'll end up taking Clausen. That being said, I don't think they will want to take him with the first overall pick...I think they'd rather trade down and try and pick up and extra pick if they can. That being said, I believe the farthest they could safely trade down and still get Clausen would be down to #3, where your Bucs are since both TB and Detroit have their franchise QB's whereas Washington is still looking to get one.

From what I've heard, the Bucs are pretty interested in Suh...so I was wondering if you guys could see this trade ever happening:

Rams: R1 Pick 1; R4 Pick 1
    Buccaneers: R1 Pick 3; R2 Pick 10; R4 Pick 3

Basically we swap our 1st and 4th round picks; the Bucs give the Rams a 2nd rounder and get to draft Suh; while the Rams get an extra pick, and get to take Clausen at a more reasonable price. Let me know what you think!

Reply hazy, try again

Comment

What does that mean? lol

Comment

Concentrate and ask again

Comment

Problem with the Buc's trading up is their $ problems. Plus we are in the same boat as the Rams and Lions in that we need to stock pile picks and rebuild through the draft because I don't see us being big FA buyers.
          That being said as a fan I would prefer Suh over McCoy, and wouldn't mind trading up to get Suh but not for a 2nd round pick. Maybe swap 1st rounders and a late round pick... Dream senario, we trade our 1st round pick and Michael Clayton for your 1st round pick and draft Suh. lol, never going to happen but I can dream can't I... Maybe swap picks and throw in C. Hovan? I am sure the Rams could get a better deal though...

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

You know I think we are in a great position at 3 if the Rams don't take Clausen because every team that needs a QB is going to want to jump ahead of Washington... More likely the Buc's trade down then up...

Comment

I wouldn't put anything past Dominik, this guy gets **** done when he wants to.

I would only be willing to trade down with someone if both Suh and McCoy are gone. I think a trade down in that situation would be great though. We'd still be able to pick from guys like Brian Price, Joe Haden, Dez Bryant, Derrick Morgan, and possibly Eric Berry still. All the while picking up another early pick in a draft that IMO has great depth.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Everyone here has lost their minds if they wouldn't jump all over that trade. An extra 2nd for arguably the best prospect ever at his position, one that's crucial to our defense and which is our biggest need on the roster? Come on people.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

I wouldn't jump all over that trade... Not for our second round pick, especially when some think McCoy will be just as good of pro as Suh. And like DJC said this draft is very deep... But I wouldn't mind swapping picks and giving up a mid to late round pick to land Suh...

Comment

Irishbuc the ESPN Rumor Mill did report that the Buc's were interested in swapping picks with the Rams to get Suh.. But I think the price tag was both the Buc's 2nd round picks and then swapping 3rd round picks. Their was also talk of maybe packaging Josh Johnson in the trade... Rams fans that i talked to think it is more likely that they give Bulger another year and try and land Locker next year, so it seems they might grab Suh..
                    I guess there is going to be a lot of rumors and possible deals in the works from now intil the draft, interesting to see how this plays out..
                    Last edited by KennyG; 01-09-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I just like the idea that we're thinking about moving up. It's a nice change from Allen's draft day conservatism.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Originally posted by KennyG View Post
                        Irishbuc the ESPN Rumor Mill did report that the Buc's were interested in swapping picks with the Rams to get Suh.. But I think the price tag was both the Buc's 2nd round picks and then swapping 3rd round picks. Their was also talk of maybe packaging Josh Johnson in the trade... Rams fans that i talked to think it is more likely that they give Bulger another year and try and land Locker next year, so it seems they might grab Suh..
                        I guess there is going to be a lot of rumors and possible deals in the works from now intil the draft, interesting to see how this plays out..

Not interested if it costs both 2nd round picks.
                        "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by Watchman View Post
                          What about the #42 pick, and a third rounder? I dunno, I'm just trying to see what trade would most likely happen...

Comment

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Watchman

What about the #42 pick, and a third rounder? I dunno, I'm just trying to see what trade would most likely happen...
                            I am not really sure how the point system works that the teams use to figure out value at each pick but I would expect that it would cost a lot for the Buc's to move up to the #1 pick...

If a trade was to happen I would much rather see something like swapping first round picks with KC and giving them one of our second round picks for G. Dorsey. They get to move up and get a extra 2nd round pick. We move down but not that far and get a starting DT.

Comment

The last time we felt comfortable about sitting pretty with our 2nd rounders, we got Gaines Adams and Sabby Piscitelli.

Suh's the real deal. Go get him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information