Someone make me feel better about Eric Berry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
    So is that where this influx of Bucs posters came from? The Bucs official website forum?
    Rex, Irish and I are from the official forum. I'm not sure of any of the other members here are from there, but I don't recognize any of the other usernamers of people posting in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
      Rex, Irish and I are from the official forum. I'm not sure of any of the other members here are from there, but I don't recognize any of the other usernamers of people posting in this forum.
      I posted there a few years ago but it was in my opinion, a crappy environment.

Comment

I posted there a few years ago but it was in my opinion, a crappy environment.
        Your mum's a crappy environment.

Regarding Berry, I look at it this way: Berry used to the best of his ability is better than any other option at 3 used to the best of their ability, if both Suh and McCoy are gone. Since, however, safeties are not a priority in the T2 we used to run, we need to adjust what we run to maximise his talents. He is insanely versatile from everything I'm hearing, and I challenge anyone not to salivate at the thought of Tanard and Sabby (who improved when Raheem took over the D) playing deep, Ronde in the slot with Talib and Berry on the outside. Or some other combo with those five players on the field at the same time. I'm not paid millions to be a genius defensive mind.

The point is Berry is part of that upper tier of impeccable talent in this draft, which in my opinion consists of him, Suh and McCoy, since I don't know much about Okung. We need a talent transfusion, period. If the two DTs are gone, you take Berry and mould your defense around his talents. Am I insane for thinking we should watch every second of tape of Charles Woodson during his Packers tenure and on it base a potential model for using Berry?

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
          Your mum's a crappy environment.

Regarding Berry, I look at it this way: Berry used to the best of his ability is better than any other option at 3 used to the best of their ability, if both Suh and McCoy are gone. Since, however, safeties are not a priority in the T2 we used to run, we need to adjust what we run to maximise his talents. He is insanely versatile from everything I'm hearing, and I challenge anyone not to salivate at the thought of Tanard and Sabby (who improved when Raheem took over the D) playing deep, Ronde in the slot with Talib and Berry on the outside. Or some other combo with those five players on the field at the same time. I'm not paid millions to be a genius defensive mind.

The point is Berry is part of that upper tier of impeccable talent in this draft, which in my opinion consists of him, Suh and McCoy, since I don't know much about Okung. We need a talent transfusion, period. If the two DTs are gone, you take Berry and mould your defense around his talents. Am I insane for thinking we should watch every second of tape of Charles Woodson during his Packers tenure and on it base a potential model for using Berry?
          Exactly what I'm talking about.

You do that stuff around here regularly and you'll find yourself on a one way trip to banville.

Comment

What do you think the chances if Suh and McCoy are gone, we go Okung?

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Originally posted by KennyG View Post
              Depends almost entirely on whether or not we re-sign Penn.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by KennyG

Depends almost entirely on whether or not we re-sign Penn.
                I could be mistaken but isn't Trueblood a FA also?

Comment

You do that stuff around here regularly and you'll find yourself on a one way trip to banville.
                  No worries, Caddy. Irish is good people, it was in jest. :p

I can't speak for Legacy or IBF, but I'm posting around here so I can tone it down a few notches. The TBBBBB is a rough place, and I'd like to be able to have some conversation without baring my teeth every now and then!
                  Last edited by TornadoRex; 01-12-2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyG View Post
                    I think that's the move we make, honestly. I'm taking what Raheem said in his end-of-season PC to heart; "#5 is the first priority."

I think we replace Trueblood with Okung and put the heat on Donald Penn to get his butt back in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
                      I'm on the Berry bandwagon with Caddy if Suh and McCoy are gone.

I think he helps our defense out more than anyone else in the draft besides the two aforementioned. Yes, we do run a variation of the Tampa 2 now, but it's not like the old Tampa 2. It seems like Raheem is getting a little more creative with formations since he took over. I believe with a true playmaker like Berry, he'll make him very useful.

As for him 'regressing' his junior year, I think it was because Tennessee used him more in the box and sometimes almost as a 4th LB. This limited his opportunities to make plays on the ball thus his drop in interceptions this year. His tackle numbers were still there this season though.

If his tackling is that big of an issue at the next level, I still think that he could work at just as well at CB. I actually believe he could be an elite CB in this league if he made the switch.
                      Nice post, I can agree with this. I also think he'd be the best pure corner in the draft, but I wouldn't want to go wagering that with what looks to be a cornerstone of this franchise. We can either bring this team back this April, or push us further down into obscurity.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                        Does Missouri or Texas have someone on it? Cause when Suh took over those games we all said OMG!!!
                        True. lol

But Suh has been dominant all year, IMO. Not just a couple of games.

I posted on TBBB as bigbullg8rdaddy a couple of years back, but found the place very unwelcoming. And they had constant hate for Pewter Report for seom reason.

/shrugs

Comment

Actually, you'd get banned in a flash if you implied insult to someone's family on the TBBBB. The average age around here is much younger than over there so it's a little more lax in certain regards - ignoring the fact that political/religous thread are a no go here.

I guess you'd have felt better if I'd put a smiley face after my offensive comment?

Comment

I think that's the move we make, honestly. I'm taking what Raheem said in his end-of-season PC to heart; "#5 is the first priority."

I think we replace Trueblood with Okung and put the heat on Donald Penn to get his butt back in shape.
                            If we did take Okung we would probably have to go Defense with at least the 2nd round picks and probably the 3rd rd too.. Their goes my hope for landing Gilyard or Benn. If we don't resign AB our WR group is going to be in as bad as shape as the DLine was this year, lol... And I really don't see any high profile WR FAs wanting to come to Tampa unless we over pay for someone...
                            Last edited by KennyG; 01-13-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
                              Actually, you'd get banned in a flash if you implied insult to someone's family on the TBBBB. The average age around here is much younger than over there so it's a little more lax in certain regards - ignoring the fact that political/religous thread are a no go here.

I guess you'd have felt better if I'd put a smiley face after my offensive comment?
                              If you were an established poster sure, but there has been a lot of bad/inappropriate posters in this small Tampa Bay sub-forum before so it's best to weed out the rubbish asap.

Comment

If you were an established poster sure, but there has been a lot of bad/inappropriate posters in this small Tampa Bay sub-forum before so it's best to weed out the rubbish asap.
                                I'll ignore the 'rubbish' comment and just apologise right now for making what you deemed to be an inappropriately offensive remark before this gets any more ridiculous.

It was a purposefully badly done 'your mum' joke in response to you calling the TBBBB crap, and I really didn't think its light heartedness would escape you especially since I even included some football comments in the post too, which were in fact agreeing with and building on a post you made yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information