No announcement yet.

Someone make me feel better about Eric Berry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole Penn situation will be sorted soon.
    Profootballweekly.com has a good little story about how the Buc's want to resign Penn but they are not going to offer him a big deal because of his work ethic and that they likely will draft a OT with a high pick anyways...

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyG View Post
        Profootballweekly.com has a good little story about how the Buc's want to resign Penn but they are not going to offer him a big deal because of his work ethic and that they likely will draft a OT with a high pick anyways...
        Penn's poor work ethic is really disappointing. He's got the skill to be an elite OT, but doesn't seem to have the desire needed to achieve that status. His level of play dropped dramatically this season primarily because he put on so much weight. (After seeing some close-ups of him during games, I wondered how he even got his helmet onto his head.)

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
          Penn's poor work ethic is really disappointing. He's got the skill to be an elite OT, but doesn't seem to have the desire needed to achieve that status. His level of play dropped dramatically this season primarily because he put on so much weight. (After seeing some close-ups of him during games, I wondered how he even got his helmet onto his head.)
          This. There's some real issues if it's your CONTRACT YEAR and you can't even be motivated enough to control your weight somewhat. Definitely a concern when we're talking franchise LT money.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
            This. There's some real issues if it's your CONTRACT YEAR and you can't even be motivated enough to control your weight somewhat. Definitely a concern when we're talking franchise LT money.
            Honestly, I doubt the CBA gets renewed so we should be able to put a 1st/3rd tender on Penn, keep him for at least one more year and see what happens with him next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
              Honestly, I doubt the CBA gets renewed so we should be able to put a 1st/3rd tender on Penn, keep him for at least one more year and see what happens with him next season.
              Clearly the solution to our problems is to put a 1st/3rd round tender on Penn and work the phones with the Rams to convince them that Penn is the second coming of Jesus. :D

I mean... It could work! He's a versatile player! He's got a reception and that ball wasn't even thrown to him in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                Clearly the solution to our problems is to put a 1st/3rd round tender on Penn and work the phones with the Rams to convince them that Penn is the second coming of Jesus. :D

I mean... It could work! He's a versatile player! He's got a reception and that ball wasn't even thrown to him in the first place!
                For a super fat guy, he looked fantastic running that ball. Much better than Michael Clayton.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post

Thread.
                  Thanks for the picture of the skinny wide receiver. Any substance to go along with it?

Comment

Originally posted by TornadoRex View Post
                    For a super fat guy, he looked fantastic running that ball. Much better than Michael Clayton.
                    You have a much better memory than me. I can't remember the last time Michael Clayton ran with the ball. :p

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
                      guys guys

if we took berry could we put him at cb. i've heard he projects well to both positions
                      You don't draft a guy #3 overall to project him to another position he doesn't play. The sad thing here is that Barry doesn't even have good size as a CB.

My honest feeling is Berry will be closer to 5'9 1/2" 185 lbs when he is measured at the combine than his listed 5'11 203.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information