Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julius Peppers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Julius Peppers

    Would he fit as a Buc?

    Are the Panthers really not going to resign him?

  • #2
    Sure he would, but I doubt we can afford him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Caddy View Post
      Sure he would, but I doubt we can afford him.
      Or if he'd want to. Not alot of teams will be on his wish list. Just the upper echelon and a team thats a pass rusher away from the SB

      Comment


      • #4
        Saw today that the panthers don't plan on keeping him because they know he doesn't want to sign an extension and wants to explore other teams. And also, they don't want to use the franchise tag on him again, bc it would require them to pay 20million for next year and they are cash strapped as it is.

        He could be an option, but if we can get him for a deal, say, 5 years 40-50 million, im all for it, but id rather use that money to sign guys like Ruud, Penn , Joseph and T- Jack to extensions before signing a 29 year old FA.

        Comment


        • #5
          No.

          He's going to want too much money and he's still reportedly interested in playing OLB in the 3-4.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ah, I thought that is what I read on him...regarding his desire to play OLB in a 3-4.

            Move along folks, nothing to see here. lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
              Saw today that the panthers don't plan on keeping him because they know he doesn't want to sign an extension and wants to explore other teams. And also, they don't want to use the franchise tag on him again, bc it would require them to pay 20million for next year and they are cash strapped as it is.

              He could be an option, but if we can get him for a deal, say, 5 years 40-50 million, im all for it, but id rather use that money to sign guys like Ruud, Penn , Joseph and T- Jack to extensions before signing a 29 year old FA.
              I agree, the Buccs should concentrate on keeping its core of its talent. Agree 100%!

              Sig by Bone Krusher

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                Or if he'd want to. Not alot of teams will be on his wish list. Just the upper echelon and a team thats a pass rusher away from the SB
                Peppers will be in for a rude awakening. He won't get the 18 million a season that he was tagged for and its totally possible none of his favorite teams would be seriously interested in him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                  Peppers will be in for a rude awakening. He won't get the 18 million a season that he was tagged for and its totally possible none of his favorite teams would be seriously interested in him.
                  Of course he won't get the $22 million he'd be owed if tagged because the Panthers would NEVER tag him at that figure. But he very well could come away with a 6-year $65-70 million deal with about 20 guaranteed. Especially in an uncapped year. He'd be the biggest free agent since Reggie White.
                  Last edited by gpngc; 02-03-2010, 02:20 AM.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                  - Ko Simpson

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                    Of course he won't get the $22 million he'd be owed if tagged because the Panthers would NEVER tag him at that figure. But he very well could come away with a 6-year $65-70 million deal with about 20 guaranteed. Especially in an uncapped year. He'd be the biggest free agent since Reggie White.
                    Does that mean hes going to Green Bay?

                    Sig by Bone Krusher

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X

                    Debug Information