Since Seattle has 2 1st Rounders...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
    As Tampa Bay fans we better hope that Clausen and/or Bradford impress the hell out of scouts at their pro days/the combine if either of them decide to participate.

I still think there is a great chance that the Rams take a QB #1 which would just give us the freedom to take McCoy or Suh.
    Me too, but it just seems too much to hope for. As I understand it now, neither Bradford or Clausen are considered worthy of no.1, and like you say the chances diminish if they're not on every available stage to impress scouts between now and April. So what makes you think the Rams will take one?

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
      Actually, i was just watching the NFL Network, it seems like he may throw, but I know for sure Clausen won't because he wants to be at a full 100% and doesn';t want to rush.

Any how, the way im hearing from experts Mike Lombardi and Mike Mayock, their may not be a qb taken in the top 5, so Seattle may get its picking at 6 between Clausen and Bradford, unless Buffalo trades up with Tampa , assuming McCoy and Suh are gone.

FWIW the talk from the Seattle fans is they dont want the team to take a QB. Hasselbeck still has something left in the tank and the big fish in these parts is still in college (Jake Locker). Seattle has so many other needs that waiting a year on a QB is not a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        FWIW the talk from the Seattle fans is they dont want the team to take a QB. Hasselbeck still has something left in the tank and the big fish in these parts is still in college (Jake Locker). Seattle has so many other needs that waiting a year on a QB is not a bad idea.
        Problem is, there's no guarantee they'll get Locker in the 2011 draft. If they do use this draft to fix the other holes on the team, it's not entirely unlikely that they'll play themselves out of position for either Locker or Mallet.

The Seahawks do have some huge holes, but the quarterback position just really isn't a position where you can say "maybe we'll get one next year" when you really need one this year.

With all of that said, while I don't believe they'll trade up for Clausen or Bradford, I find it extremely difficult to believe that they'd pass on both in the first round. The best scenario for them would be to draft either of the quarterbacks and a left tackle and let said quarterback sit behind Hasselbeck for a year if he really does have anything left in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
          Problem is, there's no guarantee they'll get Locker in the 2011 draft. If they do use this draft to fix the other holes on the team, it's not entirely unlikely that they'll play themselves out of position for either Locker or Mallet.

The Seahawks do have some huge holes, but the quarterback position just really isn't a position where you can say "maybe we'll get one next year" when you really need one this year.

With all of that said, while I don't believe they'll trade up for Clausen or Bradford, I find it extremely difficult to believe that they'd pass on both in the first round. The best scenario for them would be to draft either of the quarterbacks and a left tackle and let said quarterback sit behind Hasselbeck for a year if he really does have anything left in the tank.
          It's all speculation so i'm not going to disagree with you but i know Pete likes Locker and i dont know what he thinks of Clausen and Bradford. The glaring need is OT. Hasselbeck isnt that far removed from playing in the pro bowl so probably depends on what kind of tread is left on the tires there.

Comment

Babylon:

Pete Carrol tried very hard to recruit Jimmy Clausen to come to USC. I think he would love him as his QB and I think Clausen is the only QB in this draft that will be a franchise QB for some team.

On the subject of Jake Locker, he will not be a 1st round draft pick next year. He got a 2nd round grade from the board, that is why he returned to school. He saw that the so called "draft experts" Mel Kiper and Todd McShay had him going #1 in their mock drafts since October. His weaknesses will be exposed and honestly, if it werent for that pass that set up the game winning fg to beat USC(who was young and had a down year in 09), then we wouldn't be talking about him as a top 10 pick. He's a poor man's Tim Tebow (mechanically) and yes, Tim Tebow has a better chance at succeeding in the NFL as a QB than Locker.

Comment

Babylon:

Pete Carrol tried very hard to recruit Jimmy Clausen to come to USC. I think he would love him as his QB and I think Clausen is the only QB in this draft that will be a franchise QB for some team.

On the subject of Jake Locker, he will not be a 1st round draft pick next year. He got a 2nd round grade from the board, that is why he returned to school. He saw that the so called "draft experts" Mel Kiper and Todd McShay had him going #1 in their mock drafts since October. His weaknesses will be exposed and honestly, if it werent for that pass that set up the game winning fg to beat USC(who was young and had a down year in 09), then we wouldn't be talking about him as a top 10 pick. He's a poor man's Tim Tebow (mechanically) and yes, Tim Tebow has a better chance at succeeding in the NFL as a QB than Locker.
              USC recruits every 5 star recruit out there, at the time he had Mark Sachez so i doubt he lost any sleep over not getting Clausen, you may be right they might take him there in Seattle but it wont be because he tried to recruit him out of HS.

As for your dislike for Jake Locker and any referance between him and Tim Tebow i think you're out on that limb by yourself. Locker actually takes snaps from center, quickly gets 5 and 7 step drops and has a near flawless delivery. He has zip on his deep passes and out throws and can run circles around Tim Tebow as far as mobility goes. doesnt have the whole Christian thing going like Tim but scouts will have to live with that i guess.

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...n_and_sti.html

Well here's an interesting read. It seems the Rams thought about taking Sanchez last year and pending on how free agency goes and the Rams still don't have a QB, then the Rams mgiht check out Sam Bradford. Apparently what I got out of this article was that if Bradford's shoulder checks out fine and throws very well at his pro day, then their is a good chance the rams take him at #1. (apparently, they don't like Clausen as much as they like bradford because he fits their west coast offense). Definately going to keep my eye on this over the next few weeks.

And after this read, it appears both Clausen and Bradford will not throw at the combine.

Comment

Actually, i was just watching the NFL Network, it seems like he may throw, but I know for sure Clausen won't because he wants to be at a full 100% and doesn';t want to rush.

Any how, the way im hearing from experts Mike Lombardi and Mike Mayock, their may not be a qb taken in the top 5, so Seattle may get its picking at 6 between Clausen and Bradford, unless Buffalo trades up with Tampa , assuming McCoy and Suh are gone.

Not to mention you got some teams probably willing to settle on Tony Pike, Colt McCoy, Lefevour, Snead ect. in the later rounds... Let's just hope Bradford/Clausen generate a lot of hype by playing well where ever they workout..
                  Last edited by KennyG; 02-10-2010, 04:05 PM.

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

And Babylon,

I just don't get how the board rated Locker as a 2nd round prospect in a weak draft class? I don't care what anyone says on his reasoning of coming back to school, if he is a sure fire top 10 pick in 2010 draft, then why would he risk losing the big money when there is a very good chance that the nfl has a rookie salary in 2011.

Also, locker has only been in a pro style offense for 1 season. He doesn't have tremendous arm strength like you think. Yes, i think he has a slightly better arm than sanchez, but I honestly think he is one of your boom or bust picks.

Here is a scouting report:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2390

The only credit i give him as, like Freeman, he hasn't really played with premeir talent, so he can be successful under the right circumstances, but from watching video, it seems like he has Jeff Garcia happy feet where he dances around in the pocket too much.

Comment

Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
                      Me too, but it just seems too much to hope for. As I understand it now, neither Bradford or Clausen are considered worthy of no.1, and like you say the chances diminish if they're not on every available stage to impress scouts between now and April. So what makes you think the Rams will take one?
                      The reason I think the Rams might take one is due to the pieces of **** they currently have at QB. Marc Bulger? really... That ship sailed years ago. Keith Null? Why is he on an NFL roster? Combine that with the fact they have invested in defensive lineman high in the draft twice in the last few years and I think you have a solid chance that they look for a franchise QB.

Comment

Kenny G,:

Read my post on Bradford with the link attached to it. Let's pray for his shoulder to check out because I am not really sold on the Rams passing on a QB at the 1st pick because they've drafted d-lineman in the 1st round 2 of the past 3 years. As good as Suh is, they have absolutely no one that can even be a reliable backup on that roster at the QB position.

Comment

I agree with Caddy

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                            The reason I think the Rams might take one is due to the pieces of **** they currently have at QB. Marc Bulger? really... That ship sailed years ago. Keith Null? Why is he on an NFL roster? Combine that with the fact they have invested in defensive lineman high in the draft twice in the last few years and I think you have a solid chance that they look for a franchise QB.
                            I would like to see how much they are going to lose if anything if they just cut Bulger, they signed him to a huge contract like 2 years ago didn't they?
                            And they have like 3 or 4 Dlineman that are FA's so I don't know if it is out of the question they draft a DT, especially a guy who is probably the best rated DT to come out of college in the past decade..

But is it out of the question they take Suh #1 and then draft Colt McCoy/T. Pike in the 3rd round?
                            Last edited by KennyG; 02-10-2010, 04:18 PM.

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

And Babylon,

I just don't get how the board rated Locker as a 2nd round prospect in a weak draft class? I don't care what anyone says on his reasoning of coming back to school, if he is a sure fire top 10 pick in 2010 draft, then why would he risk losing the big money when there is a very good chance that the nfl has a rookie salary in 2011.

Also, locker has only been in a pro style offense for 1 season. He doesn't have tremendous arm strength like you think. Yes, i think he has a slightly better arm than sanchez, but I honestly think he is one of your boom or bust picks.

Here is a scouting report:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2390

The only credit i give him as, like Freeman, he hasn't really played with premeir talent, so he can be successful under the right circumstances, but from watching video, it seems like he has Jeff Garcia happy feet where he dances around in the pocket too much.

I dont want to come across as being an authority but i've seen all of his college games and several of his highschool games. He made up his mind before he heard from the draft board. The board to me gives underclassmen lower grades than seniors for what that's worth.

As for playing in a pro style offense that is all he's played at the UW, he's getting better QB coaching from Sark and Neussmeier but Herm ran a pro-style offense too. I would say his arm is on a par with some of the stronger arms in the NFL. Might not be Russell or Stafford but definitely strong. As for the dissagreement here that's what makes the board interesting.

Comment

Ill have to watch more of him this year. I live on the east coast, so I don't see many pac 10 games, the only game i really saw of him this year was against USC and I thought he did great on that final drive to win them the game. But from watching film, i still don't think he's comfortable in the pocket and honestly, it was like watching Jeff Garcia in the pocket bc he seemed like he had happy feet.

And no, by all means, I am NOT comparing him to jeff garcia as a QB, he just dances around in the pocket like him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information