Since Seattle has 2 1st Rounders...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since Seattle has 2 1st Rounders...

Do you gents see them trying to trade with us so that Carroll can make a splash and nab Clausen at 3?

I dont think it would cost seattle 2 1sts round picks to trade up to 3. However, it will cost them a 1st and 2nd round pick.

If the Seahawks are that interested in drafting Jimmy Clausen, they will be on the phone with Detroit and/or Tampa Bay if the Rams do take Suh.

However, if Detroit takes Okung or Berry at 2, then Tampa will not look to trade down as they will and should immediately run the card with Gerald McCoy's name on it.

If both Suh and McCoy go 1 and 2, then yes, i can see teams like Seattle, Buffalo trying to trade up for Clausen because Washington will take him. And, a darkhouse, (San Fransisco?) may look to get up and trade for Berry.

We honestly have to trade down in my opinion because we don't need Eric Berry because he have a pro bowl talented FS in Jackson, who i think is overlooked because he played on the 3-13 bucs last year.

Comment

The Bucs will not get both of Seattle's first round picks for the third overall pick. They could get the #6 pick and Seattle's second rounder at best.

If they were to trade with the Niners, they could get both of their first round picks, though.

Comment

I'd certainly settle for Seattle's 6th overall pick and their 2nd rounder.

It would enable us to grab whoever we deem best out of C.J. Spiller, Dez Bryant, Eric Berry, Derrick Morgan, Brian Price or a few other guys.

On a side note, I had a crazy dream about the draft last night where we took Jermaine Gresham with the #3 pick in the draft. :(

Comment

Caddy you got to remember what you ate last and never eat that again. lol

I have to stop posting after 11pm here on the West Coast. Sorry for the silly thread, fellas. Thanks for the responses, though.

Comment

I can see Buffalo making a splash also, new coach and all... Swap 1st's grab their 2nd and 5th round picks... Hopefully a bidding war will start between Seattle and Buffalo, maybe we get something like Seattles 1st and 2nd round pick this year and next years 1st... Let's just hope Clausen blow's up at the combine....

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
              On a side note, I had a crazy dream about the draft last night where we took Jermaine Gresham with the #3 pick in the draft. :(

Comment

Originally posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
                Caddy you got to remember what you ate last and never eat that again. lol

I have to stop posting after 11pm here on the West Coast. Sorry for the silly thread, fellas. Thanks for the responses, though.
                Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                I'm sorry for scaring everyone with my horrible dream.

Comment

Kenny G:

Both Clausen and Bradford will not be throwing at the combine. Remember, Bradford is still rehabbing his surgically repaired shoulder and Clausen won't throw until his proday in March/April(whenever it is) because he had foot surgery a little over a month ago and said he won't throw at the combine.

But, their is enough game film on Clausen and I don't think he needs to throw at the combine because he was hyped up before his freshman season. He's the taller version of Drew Brees in my opinion.

But enough analysis, the only reason I want the bucs to trade down is if both Suh and McCoy go 1 and 2. Then, i'd say trade down to whoever has the better offer. Honestly, i thought about it and if seattle thinks that both 1st's may get them clausen they could, depending on how desperately they want Clausen (remember, Carrol tried wanted him at USC) because i think some teams in the top 15 may not want to settle for bradford.

I don't see Washington making a move to get Clausen because yes, if he's there, I think they take him, but they may be able to live with Jason Campbell and get him some o-line help. I think you can rule out St. Louis, only because I think Spags will take the best DT to come out in years.

So my main point is, and yes i think i got a bit off topic, there could be a bidding war between seattle and buffalo to move up to 3 if McCoy and Suh are off the board and dont rule out San Fran, who is looking for a playmaker in the secondary and may trade both 1sts for eric berry.

Comment

Seattle definitely won't be trading both first rounders to move up for Clausen now that their LT announced his retirement. We may be able to play a team against them to get a better deal, but there's virtually no chance we'll get both of their first rounders in a deal unless we pony up something else in addition to that 3rd overall pick.

Comment

one of our 2nd rounders?

Comment

Like many have said I can't see Seattle giving up both of their first, but I'd take #6 and their second rounder to move down it the two DTs are off the board at #3. I think one of them will be there though.
                        "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Didn't realize Bradford and Clausen won't do the combine, that actually might be a good thing, look at what Tebow did to his stock at the SR. Bowl.... lol.. I do hope one of the QBs is a legit early draft prospect, only helps the Buc's out..

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Actually, i was just watching the NFL Network, it seems like he may throw, but I know for sure Clausen won't because he wants to be at a full 100% and doesn';t want to rush.

Any how, the way im hearing from experts Mike Lombardi and Mike Mayock, their may not be a qb taken in the top 5, so Seattle may get its picking at 6 between Clausen and Bradford, unless Buffalo trades up with Tampa , assuming McCoy and Suh are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
                              Actually, i was just watching the NFL Network, it seems like he may throw, but I know for sure Clausen won't because he wants to be at a full 100% and doesn';t want to rush.

Any how, the way im hearing from experts Mike Lombardi and Mike Mayock, their may not be a qb taken in the top 5, so Seattle may get its picking at 6 between Clausen and Bradford, unless Buffalo trades up with Tampa , assuming McCoy and Suh are gone.
                              As Tampa Bay fans we better hope that Clausen and/or Bradford impress the hell out of scouts at their pro days/the combine if either of them decide to participate.

I still think there is a great chance that the Rams take a QB #1 which would just give us the freedom to take McCoy or Suh.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information