No announcement yet.

We Must Be Patient About The Rebuilding Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8-8 would be a fantastic result and a clear indicator that Josh Freeman is our franchise QB. I for one hope your optimism comes true.

At the moment I'd guess 5-11, but after the draft I'm happy to reassess the situation.

Comment

Speaking of Freeman, I just realized this the other day. A couple days after a terrific performance against the Falcons where Freeman tossed 250 yds 2 tds no ints and completed 68% of his passes, Antonio Bryant comes out pissed because he wasn't the main target of the offense.

Now before AB, Freeman did an excellent job spreading the ball around and hitting mutiple WR's, with K2 and Stroughter his favorite and loved throwing to Stovall(height, 6'5). AB comes in and messes with the rookie QB's head and it seemed that is when Freeman took a slight downfall.

Could be Freeman's fault for taking it into consideration, but honestly, you can't have a guy like that on the team(AB). He's got to remember he isnt the only WR on the field and it seems like he only cares about his stats and money than he is more about winning.

Personally, I think AB leaving will be the best thing for Josh Freeman's development.

Comment

Actually according to the NFC South last team finishes first the next year. It is possible, we are better than Atlanta two years ago and they went 11-5 and we have an easier schedule than them. New Orleans will be tough, but I remember when Carolina won the division seven years ago against our SB winning team and no one saw that happening and they went to the SB and NO is capable of going 7-9 or 8-8.

Comment

In 2007/08 Atlanta finished last. In 2008/09 Carolina won the division. The streak broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
            In 2007/08 Atlanta finished last. In 2008/09 Carolina won the division. The streak broke.
            But they still made the playoffs and totally turned it around. That streak is still active. 8/8 for last place teams making the playoffs the next year. That is probably what RM will have to do to keep his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry's World View Post
              But they still made the playoffs and totally turned it around. That streak is still active. 8/8 for last place teams making the playoffs the next year. That is probably what RM will have to do to keep his job.
              I seriously doubt that.

The Falcons aren't a good example of what we can realistically expect the Bucs to achieve in the coming season. The Bucs are rebuilding, whereas the Falcons were merely retooling. They only required an infusion of talent at a few key positions, such as QB and RB, while the Bucs require an infusion of talent almost across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry's World View Post
                Nice to see the quick flip-flop from division winner to playoff entrant.

Comment

OP was tl;dr but I disagree about the "slow rebuilding process". Teams usually have a quick turnaround from good-bad and bad-good. Our schedule next year is loleasy and we have a decent foundation. I'm not gonna predict 10 wins or anything but I wouldn't concede defeat either. The NFL is unpredictable and we could surprise next year...all it really takes is a good season from Freeman to net us 4+ extra wins.

Also the Falcons were in much worse shape coming off their bad season than we are now. They succeeded because of some smart offseason moves and good coaching.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

etk,

Yes, some teams make quicker turnarounds than others, but other teams take long rebuilding processes. Remember, we are the youngest team in the nfl right now, but after listening to Michael Lombardi, he even says that this team is heading in the right direction, just need to rebuild that defense and add a WR or 2. Rah is an excellent d-cordinator, so I don't think we need to add pro bowlers to that position right away. We have a nice young LB core and 2 excellent DB's in Jackson and Talib. Miller and moore are going to start on the D-line at NT and LE. Greg White seemed to hold his own, so I don't think RDE is the biggest need.

But, also, look at what San Fransisco went through? for the last 5-6 years, they've been rebuilding and it seems like they finally built a very good team from the draft and some free agent pick ups here and their. They are young and talented and have some years under their belts and Its their time to take over their division.

For us, with a solid draft and Freeman able to go into the offseason getting ALL OF THE STARTERS REPS in every practice (unlike last year), I think he will drastically improve, along with the team. Remember, this team was absolutely terrible and once Freeman came in, he was 3-6, but we were competitve in 7 of those games, and should have won at Mia and at ATL, so could have easily been 5-4 (defense blew it in those two games). If we win 7+ games, I say we are on the right path and I see us a legitimate contender in 2011 and beyond.

Comment

Our team was competitive late last year. If we bring that same mentality on the field next year with more talent and experience and a softer schedule, we shouldn't lose more than 10 games.

I think we're years away from becoming a legitimate threat or top team, but we can be competitive right away if we make the right moves and stay healthy.

What will our record be next year? How long will it take to get "back"? Those are questions that aren't worth fretting over right now. We just have to wait and see for the results to unfold. Once we have a better idea of the team's direction we can start to speculate about those things (and get really angry when we lose).

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information