Amobi Okoye wil be a BUc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amobi Okoye wil be a BUc

I dont know if it will be at #4 overall, or somewhere else in the top 10 but I have this feeling. There's too many bad scenarios involving either JT or CJ not making it to the BUcs pick. Now Im starting to get the feeling that maybe Tampa would pass on one of these guys, moreso CJ than JT. DT is definitely this teams #1 need right now after FA. Its not smart to draft for need, but I think Okoye will be a Buc one way or another

But here's to Tampa drafting Joe Thomas

I've been saying this for a while. Either CJ or Amobi will be in Tampa come June.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Thanks for the info Bruce

Comment

No prob Mr Australia ; )

Just some friendly speculation.

Personally I would rather have Gaines Adams if we are going DL, but just an educated guess I am making about the draft. I have a feeling about Okoye

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs4242 View Post
          I dont know if it will be at #4 overall, or somewhere else in the top 10 but I have this feeling. There's too many bad scenarios involving either JT or CJ not making it to the BUcs pick. Now Im starting to get the feeling that maybe Tampa would pass on one of these guys, moreso CJ than JT. DT is definitely this teams #1 need right now after FA. Its not smart to draft for need, but I think Okoye will be a Buc one way or another

But here's to Tampa drafting Joe Thomas
          We will not pass on CJ, but we will pass on Joe Thomas after the way our FA has gone. LT is not a vital position in our offense with Simms as QB, and Petitgout & Davis are a competent duo. Trueblood needs a backup though and we will address that on Day 2. I agree with Beans about CJ or Okoye, those are really the only 2 players I see us drafting in the 1st.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs4242 View Post
            No prob Mr Australia ; )

Just some friendly speculation.

Personally I would rather have Gaines Adams if we are going DL, but just an educated guess I am making about the draft. I have a feeling about Okoye
            Okoye's upside is superhigh. We have a guy who might be on the top of his game for 15 years barring injury. I think that alone puts him over Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              We will not pass on CJ, but we will pass on Joe Thomas after the way our FA has gone. LT is not a vital position in our offense with Simms as QB, and Petitgout & Davis are a competent duo. Trueblood needs a backup though and we will address that on Day 2. I agree with Beans about CJ or Okoye, those are really the only 2 players I see us drafting in the 1st.
              You really don't see Gaines Adams being a real possibility along with Quinn? I think all 4 have a legitimate shot at being selected by the Buccaneers. Hell, throw Joe Thomas in too because Petitgout can play guard as well and franchise tackles are hard to come by.

Calvin Johnson
              Joe Thomas
              Amobi Okoye
              Brady Quinn
              Gaines Adams

One of those men will be a Buc, which one is anyones guess. It is going to be very interesting come draft day.

Comment

Gaines Adams won't be a Buc because if we take him, we will be taking him over Okoye, and that will not happen because Okoye is a bigger need and we like him better. That's the right pick because Gaines Adams will not be the multidemsional DE that we normally like. We like our defensive ends to be guys that stop the run like Carter/Spires. Rice is the exception but we signed him as a proven pass rusher and I don't even think our coaches like him that much anyway. We can't go into the season without a good pass rusher at UT, and CJ would be the only reasonable excuse not to draft one. Mebane/Harrell won't cut it. We can add a pass rusher at DE in the 2nd, hopefully Charles Johnson.

Once again, there is no chance we are taking Quinn this year. We have Simms/Garcia/Gradkowski & McCown as our roster, and those are the guys who we are sticking with this year. We are not going to take a QB and ignore other needs because we will have to get rid of one of those guys, and it would probably be Simms and it's just not a move that teams ever make. It's all just fantasy for you guys, it's not logical front office football. We won't be drafting a QB at all, we have the 4 guys needed for "Gruden Camp", but there is no doubt that if Simms doesn't perform we will draft someone next year. Brohm and Brennan would both fit well in our offense, and I'm sure Gruden would love a guy like Brennan.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  Gaines Adams won't be a Buc because if we take him, we will be taking him over Okoye, and that will not happen because Okoye is a bigger need and we like him better. That's the right pick because Gaines Adams will not be the multidemsional DE that we normally like. We like our defensive ends to be guys that stop the run like Carter/Spires. Rice is the exception but we signed him as a proven pass rusher and I don't even think our coaches like him that much anyway. We can't go into the season without a good pass rusher at UT, and CJ would be the only reasonable excuse not to draft one. Mebane/Harrell won't cut it. We can add a pass rusher at DE in the 2nd, hopefully Charles Johnson.

Once again, there is no chance we are taking Quinn this year. We have Simms/Garcia/Gradkowski & McCown as our roster, and those are the guys who we are sticking with this year. We are not going to take a QB and ignore other needs because we will have to get rid of one of those guys, and it would probably be Simms and it's just not a move that teams ever make. It's all just fantasy for you guys, it's not logical front office football. We won't be drafting a QB at all, we have the 4 guys needed for "Gruden Camp", but there is no doubt that if Simms doesn't perform we will draft someone next year. Brohm and Brennan would both fit well in our offense, and I'm sure Gruden would love a guy like Brennan.
                  It is all well and good to have an opinion, which is clearly what you are doing. I was simply pointing out the players that are most likely to end up as Buccaneers. When you are the person selecting the players you can tell me who we are going to take, untill then we could take anyone from Jamarcus Russell to Reggie Ball.

Comment

Of course we can, but from a logical team perspective the only guys we will draft are CJ or Okoye. There is a possibility for Adams/Anderson too, I'm just praying that we take Okoye instead. The only way we take anyone else is if we absolutely love them and have them rated way higher than other other positions of greater need. That could be the case with Joe Thomas, but once again it is unlikely that we will take him, and even if we do and he is a good player it would be a poor decision and we would regret not addressing our woeful aging defensive line. The great thing about our offensive line is that it's young. Chris Simms is young. Joey Galloway isn't and Clayton cannot be our #1 target, CJ would make sense. 2 straight bad seasons and I lost faith in Clayton, Simms has only had one, there is no need to panic and draft Quinn.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I would hope that if we cannot get Calvin Johnson, we do everything we can to trade down and nab the best D-Lineman available whether that be Anderson, Adams or Okoye. Possibly even Landry.

Comment

Landry would fall under that "has to be rated super-high category", but having him on our defense would be pretty exciting. Our best chance for trading down would be with Joe Thomas available, to the Miami Dolphins. They need a LT badly, and they would leapfrog the Cards and take him. We would be in a perfect spot to take Okoye. That scenario would be almost as good as straight-up getting CJ.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Even just trying to trade down from #4 to #5 is a possibility if we can convince the Cardinals we want Thomas. They probably wouldn't buy it but you never know could happen.
                          Last edited by Caddy; 03-11-2007, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Oh and did you know somebody on the pewterreport forums is using the same sig as you.. Just thought i'd let you know even though it is kind of irrelevant.

Comment

You might wanna edit that first sentence. It's 1:40 AM ET here so if it's that late for you I wouldn't blame you for the mental typo.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information