Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Dunta Robinson

Unrestricted Free Agent.

Anyone interested in the possiblity of him wearing the Pewter and Red?

A slight possibility. However I think he is going to get a big contract from somebody else.

Comment

What scares me is that he struggled last year early, but came along late. I think the Bucs will pursue, but I don't think they will offer him a mega contract and they shouldn't. I can see him resigning with Houston because, I don't think any other team will pay what he's looking for.

Our best bet is a guy like Ameri Spivey in Round 2 or Jerome Murphey in Round 3. Those 2 guys I am very high on and would be able to step in right away and contribute.

Comment

He's been off-and-on his whole career. Not my top choice.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He'd be a good #2, but do you want to shell out $7-8 million a season for that?

Comment

He's alright, but the lack of UFA corners is going to cause him to get a much larger deal that his skill-set actually commands. If he's not signed right away and ends up lowering his asking price to something reasonable for a #2 corner (which isn't likely), I'd be ok with signing him, but I'd still say we need to draft another corner even if that happens.

Comment

No, none, he is not the same player, or even close to being the guy he was pre-injury. There was serious talk about whether he could even play again let alone play at the same level after the injury... he was awful last season for the entire year and was picked on constantly. He lost at least 2 steps since last season.

Comment

According to ESPN, he may not be as expensive as everyone thinks and is being considered a bargain and some team can get him cheap. If we can sign him to a 5 year 20 million, I'd be fine with that because I think he'd be solid as our #2 CB. I just didn't want to overrpay for him, but I did some research and the only 2 teams that would overpay is Dallas and Washington, and both don't have a HUGE need at CB, so I don't think the market is going to be very high for him.

Comment

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
                  According to ESPN, he may not be as expensive as everyone thinks and is being considered a bargain and some team can get him cheap. If we can sign him to a 5 year 20 million, I'd be fine with that because I think he'd be solid as our #2 CB. I just didn't want to overrpay for him, but I did some research and the only 2 teams that would overpay is Dallas and Washington, and both don't have a HUGE need at CB, so I don't think the market is going to be very high for him.
                  You'd be better off researching what kind of player he is... and the reason he is going to be considered a bargain, is because he played so badly last sesaon, of course after a team signs him they'll be upset they threw away money on a guy that can't cover anymore.

Comment

Dante doesnt seem like a cover 2 guy, great player though.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
                    Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

The Falcons apparently just signed him to a 6 year deal, so there's no point in debating this any longer.

Comment

Yeah, they gave him a big contract and then traded away their best CB (iincluding Robinson) in Chris Houston for next to nothing.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information