Bucs will not reach out to any free agents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brasho View Post
    Anybody that values a CB over all others when discussing the Tampa-2 really doesn't understand what this defense is about.

Cro would have been an extremely poor fit in Tampa. Tampa-2 CBs: Tackle, have great ball skills, and anything else is a bonus.

The Tampa-2 thrives on pressure from the front 4.
    So what your saying is that Cromartie would not be an upgrade @ the 2 corner and allow Rhonde to move nickel where is an excellent blitzer?

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
    Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfreak314 View Post
      So what your saying is that Cromartie would not be an upgrade @ the 2 corner and allow Rhonde to move nickel where is an excellent blitzer?
      Not if he can't/won't tackle.

And, like I previously pointed out, he had zero desire to do so for a playoff team. What makes you think he'll do it for a team that just went 3-13?

Comment

Anybody like the Reggie Brown signing? I still hope they draft s WR in the 2nd rd

Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

How about recently released CB Lito Sheppard? I think he is still talented and just needs to stay healthy for a year. He could be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
            How about recently released CB Lito Sheppard? I think he is still talented and just needs to stay healthy for a year. He could be cheap.
            Right now he probably thinks he is worth more than his recent play would command b/c he is a former pro bowler. If nobody grabs him b4 the draft he should be dirt cheap

Comment

I think Marlin Jackson and Lito would be decent pick ups if we can get them in a week or so, after they realize their value isn't so high Bringing Buchanon back could be an option as well... all should be considered stopgaps, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                Not if he can't/won't tackle.

And, like I previously pointed out, he had zero desire to do so for a playoff team. What makes you think he'll do it for a team that just went 3-13?
                Nothing epitomizes what a true T-2 CB is about like the play against the Giants when Ronde came up and put a helmet on, and basically got rolled over by Brandon Jacobs. Some people thought Ronde should have been embarrassed, but I was impressed that Ronde would go in there full force and take on big Jacobs head on... he wasn't successful but he was more than willing, and that's what playing in the T-2 is about, being a willing tackler.

Cromartie might have been fine under Jim Bates' man heavy schemes, and he might have given us greater schematic flexibility, but CBs in the T-2 HAVE TO be willing to tackle.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information