Buccaneers Acquire Reggie Brown from the Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buccaneers Acquire Reggie Brown from the Eagles

For a 2011 6th round pick. This will be a nice addition if he can re-find the success of his rookie season. It likely won't have an effect on the draft, though, since we still need at least one more receiver to make our passing game competitive.

From Buccaneers.com.

Decent pick up, he was highly recruited I am pretty sure and can be a good 2 or 3 wideout.
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

He'd probably be a good #2 option if he can remain healthy. The injury he had in 2008 really sealed his fate in Philly, since they drafted DeSean Jackson and then Jeremy Maclin to push him out of the starting role.

Comment

He's a fairly good player. Definitely worth a 6th round pick. I think you guys may have just gotten a steal, even though his contract is a little hefty.

Comment

Hopefully returns to 07 form, a 60+ catch season would b a good consolation prize for trading a 6th round pick. Good underneath WR.

I think we still draft a young guy @ the position as well

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
          Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

I think this is a solid aquisition. Sure his contract is a little hefty, but overall, nice pick up and I think he will emerge as the #2 WR and leave us to draft a WR with 1 of our first 3 picks. (D-thomas, Tate, or Benn). He'll provide the possession WR option so we don't have to draft 2 WR's in the 1st 4 rounds.

Comment

Solid pick up. Keeps us from having to force a WR pick out of need and focus on value come 2nd/3rd round. I would still like to see us draft a WR in the 2nd, but I don't want to see us force it Dexter Jackson style.

Comment

muy bueno.

As most have said, still would like to see us draft a WR in the first 4 picks.

Comment

Meh. 6th round pick is worth very little so I don't mind this acquisition. We still need to draft someone though.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                    He's a fairly good player. Definitely worth a 6th round pick. I think you guys may have just gotten a steal, even though his contract is a little hefty.
                    His contract is nothing the Bucs can't handle. They barely went over the cap floor this past season, so it's not like they're going to be pressed for room when a new CBA puts a salary cap back in place.

Comment

I agree with Caddy - meh.... lol Not a signing to get fired up about, sad thing is he is probably the best WR on the roster as of now...

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Meh, he reminded me of a smaller version of Clayton coming out of college... as far as I know though, Brown doesn't have any serious hand deformities that prevent him from catching a football... but overall (and this is my first time ever using this "word") -meh...

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information