Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bucs set up private workout for Brandon Spikes; Sign Ruud may be on way out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
    The majority of posters there are big time fanboys with little knowledge of how things work.
    I think you have the TBBB confused with the PewterReport's forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
      I think you have the TBBB confused with the PewterReport's forums.
      Nope.

Pewter Report > TBBB

Unless things have changed over the last 3-4 years that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
        Nope.

Pewter Report > TBBB

Unless things have changed over the last 3-4 years that is.

You really should head back to the TBBB before whining about how mean and nasty the posters there are. The landscape of the board has changed over the past year or so and many of the long-time posters have moved on.

As for the Pewter Report, that site is a joke and the forums are filled with nothing but fanboys who whine about how "mean" the mods are over on the TBBB.

Anyway... Back on topic: We're keeping Ruud.
        Last edited by Legacy; 03-16-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Pewter Report >>>>> TBBBB. But PR has gotten a lot worse, still TBBBB is the worst message board of all time.

I hate both places during draft season however because you have a bunch of people who think they know what they are talking about even though they barely watch college football.
          save Freeman

Comment

Apparently, the Bucs have a lot of members of their support and coaching staff on attendance today at the Florida Pro Day. Raheem Morris is also in attendance.

Not sure who they are interested in seeing by my guess is their going to have an eye on a few players:
            - Joe Haden
            - Carlos DUnlap
            - Brandon Spikes
            - Major Wright
            - Jermaine Cunningham

Comment

Spikes ran a 5.04 today. There's no way we draft him. A lot of guys from the Bucs are there because its close to Tampa. They could be back by nighttime.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                Spikes ran a 5.04 today. There's no way we draft him. A lot of guys from the Bucs are there because its close to Tampa. They could be back by nighttime.
                I keep picturing O-linemen blowing him away in a footrace!

Comment

Originally posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
                  I keep picturing O-linemen blowing him away in a footrace!
                  Bruce Campbell? Joe Staley? :)

Comment

Wow, i really thought Spikes was faster than that on tape. I agree I should eat my own words. I thought if he ran a 4.7 range that wouldnt be too bad, but wow, DT's and some OL are faster than him. Not saying he wont be a decent lb in the nfl, but he is best fit in a 3-4 ILB position.

Sean Lee might be a better option, he is more of a leader aand could be taken in round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
                      Sean Lee might be a better option, he is more of a leader aand could be taken in round 3.
                      I'm a huge Penn State fan, so I'd love to see Lee in Red & Pewter, but some aspects of his game do concern me in regards to the defensive scheme the Bucs run.

While his timed speed is adequate, he's not overly athletic or fast. He makes more plays because of his ability to read the offense and quickly figure out what's going on. He's decent at coverage in a zone scheme, but I'm not sure how well he'd hold up in a situation where he's asked to play the Mike's deep zone in the Tampa 2. He's also a liability in man coverage, since he doesn't have the speed to turn and run with running backs or faster tight ends.

The biggest concern, though, is his knees. He missed the entire 2008 season due to a torn ACL and was limited by another knee injury in the 2009 season.

You're right that he is a great leader, though. He was named a player-coach during the 2008 season and was a visible presence on the sideline instructing other players and giving advice. When Penn State's players were asked to select their captains for the 2009 season, they were told not to vote for Lee, since the coaches had already had so many requests to name him as one that they just went ahead and did it without a vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
                        Pewter Report >>>>> TBBBB. But PR has gotten a lot worse, still TBBBB is the worst message board of all time.

I hate both places during draft season however because you have a bunch of people who think they know what they are talking about even though they barely watch college football.
                        I used to post on TBBB and I've read the posts on PR and I have to say that as a whole it appears that most Buc fans have very little knowledge of the game (ie we appear to be the stupidest fans on earth). The newspaper forums for TBo and SPT are equally as bad. This is why reading the posts here on DC is nice, there are some actual intelligent posts made here, it is kind of shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
                          Apparently, the Bucs have a lot of members of their support and coaching staff on attendance today at the Florida Pro Day. Raheem Morris is also in attendance.

Not sure who they are interested in seeing by my guess is their going to have an eye on a few players:
                          - Joe Haden
                          - Carlos DUnlap
                          - Brandon Spikes
                          - Major Wright
                          - Jermaine Cunningham

And this is one of the reasons I can't stand the various Buc forums, all the UF homerism. Your saving grace here is that you didn't simply list all UF players simply because they played there (Tebow, Cooper) though I think Riley Cooper could be a ton more useful to us than Spikes, who couldn't even play ST in the NFL and his value right now is 7th rounder at best).

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                            Wasn't Suh's official time 5.04?

Comment

VIP, whats your username over on the TBBB?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information