Cooper Carlisle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper Carlisle

Tampa Bay is showing interest in free-agent guard Cooper Carlisle, a Broncos starter the past two years. Carlisle, not expected back in Denver, also visited the Seahawks.
    -- Denver Post

At the very least he is depth for Buenning with his injury history. If he could be our C that would be better. Thoughts?

sig by BoneKrusher

If he gets signed, if Joe Thomas isn't at 4, we're not taking an Offensive Lineman until day 2. I like the signing though.

Comment

That's not true. We still need a C like Ryan Kalil or Satele, and we will still need a backup at RT.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
        If he gets signed, if Joe Thomas isn't at 4, we're not taking an Offensive Lineman until day 2. I like the signing though.
        Yeh, because Cooper Carlisle is just that good ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
          Yeh, because Cooper Carlisle is just that good ;)
          I'm just saying we signed alot of OL and we have more pressing needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
            I'm just saying we signed alot of OL and we have more pressing needs.
            And the last thing we need is a franchise LT ;)

Comment

petigout is not the long term answer, if the right situation arises then we will take an OL

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                petigout is not the long term answer, if the right situation arises then we will take an OL
                Spot on the money

Comment

Broncos free agent guard Cooper Carlisle will get some face time with the Bucs this week. He is slated to visit with team officials in Tampa, his agent said. The Bucs have targeted the offensive line as a priority in free agency, and acquiring Carlisle would be progress.
                  -- Tampa Tribune

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                    Broncos free agent guard Cooper Carlisle will get some face time with the Bucs this week. He is slated to visit with team officials in Tampa, his agent said. The Bucs have targeted the offensive line as a priority in free agency, and acquiring Carlisle would be progress.
                    -- Tampa Tribune
                    That would be a solid depth pick up, and likely eliminate the need for a day 1 OL in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
                      That would be a solid depth pick up, and likely eliminate the need for a day 1 OL in the draft.
                      :D:D:D....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Cooper Carlisle eliminating the need to draft O-Line? That is laughable. If the right situation arises we may still take Joe Thomas.

Comment

Yeah, if he fell to the 2nd round. Let's face it, we addressed OLine in the draft last year, and we've done it again in free agency this year. It would be absolutely insane if we ignored our defensive needs again for another O-Lineman, I don't care who. We have an extra 2nd rounder, so that gives us a little bit of flexibility as far as drafting one in the 2nd/3rd rounds, but we need to get an instant-impact defender in the 1st, assuming CJ is unavailable.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                            Cooper Carlisle eliminating the need to draft O-Line? That is laughable. If the right situation arises we may still take Joe Thomas.
                            I understand what you are saying, and agree that the potential addition of Carlisle would have no effect on the drafting of Joe Thomas.

I am anticipating that we will not draft Joe Thomas, regardless of any FA signings. But I do think that the Bucs will target an OL with our late 2nd or 3rd round pick. With Carlisle, the need to add a depth type player along the OL may be eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
                              I understand what you are saying, and agree that the potential addition of Carlisle would have no effect on the drafting of Joe Thomas.

I am anticipating that we will not draft Joe Thomas, regardless of any FA signings. But I do think that the Bucs will target an OL with our late 2nd or 3rd round pick. With Carlisle, the need to add a depth type player along the OL may be eliminated.
                              We still would need a backup C, and potentially some depth at T. I think we could draft a guy we like if he falls in the 2nd/3rd, if not we will use at least 1 day 2 pick on a lineman.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information