X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put together a package for Briggs

It looks like Briggs may be done with the Bears:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6562918

He is looking for Urlacher type money, and in my opinion, if you want a star player, you have to pay to get one. Briggs could take over for Brooks, moving Brooks to SAM, and maybe even extending his career a year or two in the process.

What would you guys give up for Briggs? How about Michael Clayton and our 2a draft pick? Would that be enough?

2a alone would cut it I think

bonekrusher on the sig magic
    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I would give up nothing for him unless Brooks retired or we traded Nece in the package to lower the cost.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

i think he would be a good pickup of our 2a pic, he is a star player

Comment

But I'd rather have Rufus Alexander or even Poz.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
          <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
          <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
            Rufus Alexander is overrated and not as fast as expected.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

what a slap in the face of Brooks to even think we would consider moving him at this stage in his career and asking him to play a new position....no, Brooks is our weakside LB until he retires

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
                You have got to be kidding.. Briggs is already a proven star in the league.. However I don't think he will come at an affordable price so I don't know if it would be the best move.

Comment

i highly doubt it happens

Comment

The Giants have shown in the past that they love going after proven LBs from other teams......they need one even more badly now.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
                      what a slap in the face of Brooks to even think we would consider moving him at this stage in his career and asking him to play a new position....no, Brooks is our weakside LB until he retires
                      Slap in the face? You have to be kidding. Brooks is the consumate professional, and would welcome any move that would improve the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
                        Slap in the face? You have to be kidding. Brooks is the consumate professional, and would welcome any move that would improve the team.
                        I have to agree with Booger on this one

Comment

If you guys did get Briggs, I actually think he might slide to the middle first (he was a mike in college). Now what might it take? Certainly, the franchise asking price isn't going to be met (2 1sts). I'm not sure Angelo would take just a 2nd alone. My bet would be something like 2a and maybe a 2nd rounder next year if you guys really did pursue it. Just a guess.

Comment

If Briggs moved to Mike, Ruud would have to move to SLB again. Ruud has to be on the field as much as possible this year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

SLB again?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information