No announcement yet.

Happy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking strictly as a KC fan, I want to punch whoever Chris Caulfield is in the FACE for giving us Bruce Campbell at 13 over Weatherspoon !!!

ps I love you caddy :D

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I agree with Caddy, I would have gone Benn at 2a. I may be totally wrong here, but could someone explain to me what Williams brings to the table the Reggie Brown doesn't? They strike me as extremely similar.

Also why do you like Cook over Patrick Robinson?

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
        I agree with Caddy, I would have gone Benn at 2a. I may be totally wrong here, but could someone explain to me what Williams brings to the table the Reggie Brown doesn't? They strike me as extremely similar.

Also why do you like Cook over Patrick Robinson?
        Like I said earlier:

I understand your thinking regarding Benn, but I see Williams as a player who can step in straight away and produce, he may not have the high risk, high reward status that Benn has, but I don't see that as a negative, and with respect, how much higher is Benns ceiling over Williams?

It's only MO, but I see Williams as the better all round pro?

I did consider Griffin, but we still have the likes of Moore etc, whom we really need to evaluate, I'm not sure Griffin would be an upgrade?. Unlike most, I don't see DE as a, "must upgrade position", though I would love to see us grab 6'7/299 DE Clifton Geathers out of SC.

In regards to Cook: I like his size and versitility, I also think he has a higher ceiling IMO?
        Robinson has a number of "issues" off the field, though if we got him in the real draft, I wouldn't cry about it, though I wouldn't have a party about it either. Look at it this way, I wouldn't let Robinson and Talib share a cab.

Comment

I'm going against the grain here, but I see McCoy being a major disappointment in the NFL. I would prefer practically anybody over McCoy.

I too have Benn much higher than Williams. Benn is a late 1st round talent that might be there in round 2, Williams is a 3rd round talent that might go as early as the middle of round 2.

Chris Cook I like... if he's there in early round 3. He's versatile, competitive, big, and athletic but we really do NEED a DE. A good DE will help whomever is in the secondary. Griffen would be nice, i would have preferred Jerry Hughes at 2a and either Benn or Gilyard at 2b... though my major preference would have been DT Lamarr Houston (who is mysteriously absent from the first 2 rounds here!) in round 2 after we traded down or took OT Okung (who wasn't there), Pierre Paul, or Berry.

As for Dickerson, you can spout off all the measurables you want on the guy, but the guy can't get separation and looks like a career special teamer to me. Lamarr Houston was still there and can play LDE and UT... Jacoby Ford would also have been better even if we already grabbed a 2nd round WR.

Comment

Originally posted by brasho View Post
            I'm going against the grain here, but I see McCoy being a major disappointment in the NFL. I would prefer practically anybody over McCoy.

I too have Benn much higher than Williams. Benn is a late 1st round talent that might be there in round 2, Williams is a 3rd round talent that might go as early as the middle of round 2.

Chris Cook I like... if he's there in early round 3. He's versatile, competitive, big, and athletic but we really do NEED a DE. A good DE will help whomever is in the secondary. Griffen would be nice, i would have preferred Jerry Hughes at 2a and either Benn or Gilyard at 2b... though my major preference would have been DT Lamarr Houston (who is mysteriously absent from the first 2 rounds here!) in round 2 after we traded down or took OT Okung (who wasn't there), Pierre Paul, or Berry.

As for Dickerson, you can spout off all the measurables you want on the guy, but the guy can't get separation and looks like a career special teamer to me. Lamarr Houston was still there and can play LDE and UT... Jacoby Ford would also have been better even if we already grabbed a 2nd round WR.
            Yeah you are right about Dickerson. Although Houston is a pure UT in a 4-3. He might be an end in a 3-4 but not in our scheme.

Chris Cook has a big ceiling and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go earlier than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
              Yeah you are right about Dickerson. Although Houston is a pure UT in a 4-3. He might be an end in a 3-4 but not in our scheme.

Chris Cook has a big ceiling and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go earlier than expected.
              After coming to Texas as a LB and FB, Lamarr played DE his first 2 seasons at Texas (started as a soph) and switched to DT in year 3... he ran a 4.85 40 which is faster than Kyle Moore, Jimmy Wilkerson and pretty much every DE on our roster besides Tim Crowder (4.69). If you can recall a few years back we used to have LDE/UT swing guys (Tyoka Jackson, Ellis Wyms) that would work their way into the regular rotation at those two positions. I think Houston could definitely get some snaps at LDE for us and do pretty well.

Comment

After coming to Texas as a LB and FB, Lamarr played DE his first 2 seasons at Texas (started as a soph) and switched to DT in year 3... he ran a 4.85 40 which is faster than Kyle Moore, Jimmy Wilkerson and pretty much every DE on our roster besides Tim Crowder (4.69). If you can recall a few years back we used to have LDE/UT swing guys (Tyoka Jackson, Ellis Wyms) that would work their way into the regular rotation at those two positions. I think Houston could definitely get some snaps at LDE for us and do pretty well.
                Speed is not an indication that he would be a better DE than Moore and Wilkerson and either is the position at which he entered college. He also weighs in at 305. Playing him at defensive end would be wasting his talent. He is a great penetrator and putting him against a space eater like Roy Miller would open him up for 5+ sacks.

Sure we had swing D-Lineman a few years ago, but Kiffin is gone and we didn't do that at all last year nor did we do much of it in Kiffin's last few years.

Houston is a good enough player that he should be used inside on all three downs.

Comment

We didn't do it last season because Kyle Moore was injured.. he played the swing position in preseason and actually got a sack on a bullrush while lined up at DT.

No, speed is not an indication of if he's better, but it demonstrates his athleticism... and yes it could be wasting his talent... but what if we were playing the Panthers and they kept running all over us... and we put Houston at LDE, Miller and Dre Moore at DT with Crowder or Kyle Moore at RDE... defnitely not a pass rushing group but they would stuff the run.

Comment

Kyle Moore is able to do that because he is a fairly large end. In saying that, Houston would still have a 20+ pound weight advantage suited to playing on the inside.

I doubt that would stop the run either. Crowder is extremely average and Dre Moore? really...

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                      Kyle Moore is able to do that because he is a fairly large end. In saying that, Houston would still have a 20+ pound weight advantage suited to playing on the inside.

I doubt that would stop the run either. Crowder is extremely average and Dre Moore? really...
                      There has never been any doubt about Dre Moore's athletic ability, the guy is a freak... he just needs to grasp the mental and conditioning sides of the game. He's faster than all our DEs other than Crowder, he can stack, shed, bullrush... he just needs to "get it". I have my fingers crossed for him... it took Haynesworth a few years to get it, too.

Comment

There has never been any doubt about Dre Moore's athletic ability, the guy is a freak... he just needs to grasp the mental and conditioning sides of the game. He's faster than all our DEs other than Crowder, he can stack, shed, bullrush... he just needs to "get it". I have my fingers crossed for him... it took Haynesworth a few years to get it, too.
                        Haynesworth was a far superior prospect. Dre Moore has the tools, but nothing he has shown in two seasons leads me to believe he will get it. He has hardly even been on the field and we have the worst defensive line in the NFL. If he hasn't got it now, he won't be getting it.

Comment

Haynesworth didn't show much more in his first two seasons other than the innate ability to cleat Andre Gurode's helmetless forehead.

Comment

Haynesworth didn't show much more in his first two seasons other than the innate ability to cleat Andre Gurode's helmetless forehead.
                            At least he made the field and didn't let the like of Ryan "Uber Bust" Sims hold him back...

And like I said. He was a fantastic prospect prior to becoming a professional.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information