Why Drafting Gerald McCoy Would be a Mistake for the Bucs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brasho View Post
    And so was Glenn Dorsey and Gaines Adams, and I viewed both of them as NOT elite talents...

The sheep being into this pick doesn't surprise me, if somebody says something enough then eventually the sheep believe it...I'm telling you, there are several warning signs that he is NOT elite.
    People also had Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas as elite talents.

Just because some 'elite' talents bust doesn't mean McCoy will. I think there is a much bigger chance of Suh busting than there is of McCoy doing so.

Comment

The difference here about Adams, and Dorsey is they were top 5 picks in drafts that were considered weak. THere are about 40-50 players that grade out as 1st round picks in this draft and to be considered an elite prospect, I think it says something.

BTW, i dont remember them saying Gaines Adams and Glenn Dorsey as elite prospects; as Joe Thomas and Calvin Johnson were considered that in those drafts. As Jake Long and Matt Ryan were also.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
        People also had Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas as elite talents.

Just because some 'elite' talents bust doesn't mean McCoy will. I think there is a much bigger chance of Suh busting than there is of McCoy doing so.
        No, McCoy will bust because he is the type of player that relies so heavily on speed and athleticism, like Dorsey was, and the fact is that he is not that speedy or athletic, like Dorsey. Don't forget, the players that McCoy did well against will never play football in the NFL. OGs are the worst athletes on a team. Good LTs move to RT in the NFL, good RTs move to OG in the NFL, and good OGs just move on.

Comment

Originally posted by brasho View Post
          No, McCoy will bust because he is the type of player that relies so heavily on speed and athleticism, like Dorsey was, and the fact is that he is not that speedy or athletic, like Dorsey. Don't forget, the players that McCoy did well against will never play football in the NFL. OGs are the worst athletes on a team. Good LTs move to RT in the NFL, good RTs move to OG in the NFL, and good OGs just move on.
          Then I guess Suh won't do well bc he dominated G's, as he was a DT. That made no sense what so ever.

Reason I think McCoy will work hard and become a great player is because you see all the media and polls and scouts think Suh is just this can't miss player, well McCoy will want to prove him wrong, just like how Josh Freeman has that chip on his shoulder no even being in the discussion of Stafford and Sanchez

Comment

I'm not even gonna address your "arguments" seriously because of how incoherent and incorrect you are. The original post is potentially the worst post I've ever seen on a forum.

To all the other Bucs fans on the forum, cheers to getting one of the best DT prospects in years.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              I'm not even gonna address your "arguments" seriously because of how incoherent and incorrect you are. The original post is potentially the worst post I've ever seen on a forum.

To all the other Bucs fans on the forum, cheers to getting one of the best DT prospects in years.

Exactly what I am trying to say. Great Pick by the Bucs. Hopefully we land a WR, CB and DE today.

Comment

There is so much value at the top of the second I can't wait!

Comment

For the record I hope Mccoy busts and Weatherspoon is overrated :P But good luck with your next pick!

Comment

Griffen then Benn then best available CB! I will be happy as h* if it goes down like that...

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Yea the same type of people were/are saying Freeman was a bust as soon as we drafted him/or after half a season with no WRs. How about wait and see before we call someone a bust/super star?

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsd...7671&trid=home

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post

Stuff it! It's my opinion and if you don't like it then don't read it. You don't see me following you around telling you that you're the worst burger flipper in the history of McDonald's, do you?

Your response was so seriously short-sighted and so lacking of insight or reason I wonder if you actually have any original opinions or just regurgitate the unoriginal drivel that most so-called experts spew. Like I said, I called Glenn Dorsey, Gaines Adams, JaMarcus Russell huge busts before they were ever drafted... I took heat for it then and I don't expect the dim-sighted to understand now... so be it.

Comment

I have been posting on and off here for about 5 years (although I rarely take the time to post things) and I have seen some bad arguements before but Brasho, this has to be one of the worst.

First I respect everybody's opinions as I do yours but to say you've seen a lot of Gerald Mccoy and then say you watched him get "stood up" or "washed down the line" is bs. I'm not saying that he never did, but what I am saying is that either you were watching the wrong player or you're just exagerating some instances where you did see this. Even the best players have bad plays.

Second, and i'll keep this short because most people already know this about Mccoy, is that what makes him special is his ability to disrupt plays by getting into the backfield and doing this consistently. He doesn't just go up against "fry cook/lawyer guards" because he was used at DE often, where he would still disrupt plays. He would even drop into coverage at times where he would do the same thing. Furthermore, to go back to the fry cooks, the Pouncey brothers come to mind, they usually had to double team Mr. Mccoy to ensure that he would not be able to do what he does best, yet he would still get a push on them. Simple logic tells me that no matter how good a DLinemen is two players of equal size should be able to stop him but this wasn't always the case.

Anyway, before I get carried away... You're Bucs got one hell of a player in Mccoy. He will make it difficult for Brees, Ryan and Clausen to operate their offenses effectively. He is a perfect fit, be happy you have him.

Comment

FWIW, he said that the Pounceys were the best linemen he face in college.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
                                FWIW, he said that the Pounceys were the best linemen he face in college.
                                You mean Mccoy said that? I can totally believe that.

Sorry, I meant for that[Pouncey's=fry cooks] to be sarcastic. Basically, I didn't agree with the remark that Brasho made about college DT's not going up against superior talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information