Why Drafting Gerald McCoy Would be a Mistake for the Bucs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...000d5d816ac5c9

Correction, in the on-set Combine interview with Mayock, Eisen and Coach Billick, Gerald said:

"Charlie Taylor LG from Texas

and

Maurkice Pouncey, Center"

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

So you guys dispute the notion the even the better OGs in college usually don't go on to the NFL? You are truly delusional if you believe this.

I accept the fact that my team drafted McCoy and whether I thought he as worth the #3 selection or not, he's on my team and I support him. I hope he proves me wrong whereas other players whom I've heard made the same arguments about: Dorsey, Adams, etc have failed and was roundly criticized then as well... We'll see, if I'm right, I'm right, I didn't get paid for predicting Dorsey, Adams, Russell and others were going to be colossal busts so I would rather be wrong about McCoy and have my team win.

Comment

Originally posted by brasho View Post
        Stuff it! It's my opinion and if you don't like it then don't read it. You don't see me following you around telling you that you're the worst burger flipper in the history of McDonald's, do you?

Your response was so seriously short-sighted and so lacking of insight or reason I wonder if you actually have any original opinions or just regurgitate the unoriginal drivel that most so-called experts spew. Like I said, I called Glenn Dorsey, Gaines Adams, JaMarcus Russell huge busts before they were ever drafted... I took heat for it then and I don't expect the dim-sighted to understand now... so be it.
        *Cue an etk burn*

Comment

Originally posted by brasho View Post
          So you guys dispute the notion the even the better OGs in college usually don't go on to the NFL? You are truly delusional if you believe this.
          How can you use this argument against McCoy though? Don't all college DT's not go against college OG's? Should we just say **** tape for all college DT's and go by gut feeling from now on?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
            *Cue an etk burn*
            You know what? Tell 'em to bring it on. Anybody that would attempt to slam me by saying that a post was the worst ever or something along those lines is finely tiptoeing the line as it is. Obviously if I go against the grain with my well suppoirted opinion I still expect the sheep to criticize.

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
              How can you use this argument against McCoy though? Don't all college DT's not go against college OG's? Should we just say **** tape for all college DT's and go by gut feeling from now on?
              No, what I'm saying is that judging DTs is extremely difficult because they typically play against the future grocery baggers of America. The elite OL that we would like to see them against are often far far away at LT.

And I never said I had a gut feeling about McCoy... not one time, I gave evidence, history, and watched plenty of tape. instead of basing my opinion on what the so-called experts have told me to think, I've developed my own independently, which is the way it's supposed to be. My opinion of Dorsey, Adams, and Russell were extremely low despite how hyped up the experts made them.

Comment

*Cue an etk burn*
                Sorry bro. It's not worth the effort. He's on my ignore list.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Brasho, I want to hear yout opinion on what you thought of Mccoy when he lined up at DE for the Sooners?

Comment

I like brasho's opinions. There not always supported with hard evidence, but he does put together a good argument based on context. With most people regurgitating the same information, it's always nice to hear something fresh. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fear View Post
                      I like brasho's opinions. There not always supported with hard evidence, but he does put together a good argument based on context. With most people regurgitating the same information, it's always nice to hear something fresh. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not.
                      I agree. And this is why I'm going out of my way to post, im curious what he thinks. His opinion about Mccoy really shocked me. Even though I disagree I am curious to read his thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                        Sorry bro. It's not worth the effort. He's on my ignore list.
                        Don't worry man. I haven't attempted a legitimate response either. I've been high on McCoy for months and I am super excited to have him.

Comment

Don't worry man. I haven't attempted a legitimate response either. I've been high on McCoy for months and I am super excited to have him.
                          He never did attempt a response, he just attacked me because I didn't agree with the opinion that was given to him by the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
                            Brasho, I want to hear yout opinion on what you thought of Mccoy when he lined up at DE for the Sooners?
                            I think he was decent in the 3-4 front. Because he was playing 5-tech, he never really or tried from what I saw, to hit the edge and run the arc, I don't think he could if he had to. A more elite athlete could do that. Sapp could have been fine early on as a 3-4 DE because of his elite athleticism, Harris too. But McCoy would have been more of a Luis Castillo bull-rusher/swim artist if he played DE in the pros.

I think he'll be above-average at a 3-tech for us, he works hard and has enough quickness and strength to be much better than what we have. Paired with Price hopefully our DL can return to dominance and McCoy can prove me wrong.

Comment

original post:

"McCoy doesn't even have the work ethic. People point to Warren Sapp's 17 reps of 225 to say that McCOy's 21 aren't a big deal... but they're wrong. Poor weigh room numbers suggests bad work ethic and comparing McCoy to Sapp just proves my point. Sapp was known for having a poor work ethic and constantly came into seasons far too fat because of it. What got Sapp by was his outstanding athleticism (4.7 in the 40 type athleticism) which McCoy DOES NOT HAVE! He's a pretty good athlete, but he's no Warren Sapp and even if he did turn around his work ethic to match many of the other DTs in the draft, it still might not be enough to ever be a good DT. That's the thing about Suh, I'm not a Suh-lover, but at the very least you know this guy will work his tail off to be the best he can be."

last post:

"I think he'll be above-average at a 3-tech for us, he works hard and has enough quickness and strength to be much better than what we have."

does he have bad work ethic or is he a hard worker?

Comment

lol...brasho doesn't even know what to think. He pulls opinions out of a hat.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information