No announcement yet.

Our first four picks...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Me Likey, I don't think there was a pure #1 WR in this draft. And the closest one got snatched up by Denver. And he still has people knocking him because of the offense he played in college. Not sure if Dez is a blazer like Thomas, but he also comes with baggage (constantly late to practice and team meetings, attitude) and supposedly has a heart condition. Yes, Williams has baggage too, but they took a small risk on him considering what round they drafted him in.

/shrugs

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
      I dont think there was a true #1 in the 2nd and beyond. Benn and Williams actually might have been the closest thing. Tate is shorter and smaller than both. LaFell scared the crap out of me with his inconsistency.

McCluster would have made me angry. Who knows if he can play WR?

The Cardinals are an example of a team without any elite speed that can always move the ball and score points. (not comparing us to the cards offense of course)
      Tate is the complete package aside from his height. He ran the gos, digs, fades, slants, etc. at ND. He can get separation but he also catches the ball well in traffic and runs extremely well after the catch (he was a HS RB). Benn seems like strictly a "tough across the middle" guy.

LaFell is no sure thing, but he's got prototypical size and athletic ability (on tape, disregard the 40).

I don't actually want McCluster. We have Stroughter at WR and Smith. I was just using him as an example of a dynamic playmaker that teams covet early in the draft.

Boldin is the rare example of a guy who's not exceptionally big or fast but gets the job done. He's the best-case scenario for Benn. Fitzgerald isn't that fast either but he has insane hops and body control. Williams could be similar, but not nearly as good, in a best-case scenario.

Still....going by that prototype we're lacking a Steve Breaston who's fast and stretches the field from the slot. DO WANT!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I wish we drafted Dexter McCluster, but we would have had to take him where we took Price which I wouldn't do. But Etk is right we need a big time play maker. We need someone that can run by players. A guy that burns us once a year that comes to mind is Devery Henderson from NO.

Comment

This year, I just really wanted to address our rush defense. Hated hearing about how we got buttsecksed by Carolina's 2 backs. As a Tampa fan, I am a defense first kinda guy. I want our defense get back to how it used to be, as quickly as possible.

Deep threats are cool, but I like big possession receivers more. JMO

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information