No announcement yet.

Steelers vs Bucs week 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20-10 Steelers. I think Leftwich makes our offense a little better. While our line hasn't been great, it hasn't been terrible either. People fail to realize that we were on a third string line on Sunday and still managed to play well as a unit.

Also, I have seen that QBs that go against Lebeau for the first time do not end well. We will see. Tampa could be back on the rise or just playing way over their heads like Denver was last year. Sunday we will find that out.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      20-10 Steelers. I think Leftwich makes our offense a little better. While our line hasn't been great, it hasn't been terrible either. People fail to realize that we were on a third string line on Sunday and still managed to play well as a unit.

Also, I have seen that QBs that go against Lebeau for the first time do not end well. We will see. Tampa could be back on the rise or just playing way over their heads like Denver was last year. Sunday we will find that out.
      Leftwich makes NO offense better.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
        Leftwich makes NO offense better.
        Yeah, I'm kind of hoping for the Steelers to start Lord Byron. Altough, he has the ability to throw deep passes (it's the only thing he can do right), so that could hurt us with Barber being slow, TJack looking average on pass coverage and Sean Jones being.... Sean Jones.

But the possibility of getting sacks and turnovers is greater with Byron on the field instead of Batch. In a close defensive game, that could help us a lot. Barber and TJack need to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs147 View Post
          Yeah, I'm kind of hoping for the Steelers to start Lord Byron. Altough, he has the ability to throw deep passes (it's the only thing he can do right), so that could hurt us with Barber being slow, TJack looking average on pass coverage and Sean Jones being.... Sean Jones.

But the possibility of getting sacks and turnovers is greater with Byron on the field instead of Batch. In a close defensive game, that could help us a lot. Barber and TJack need to step up.
          Pittsburgh's pass protection is not very good thats why Dennis Dixon was a better bet as he could avoid pressure.

The Bucs front 4, led by McCoy and Price have been getting pressure on the qb consistantly against 2 teams I think have better O-Lines than Pittsburgh right now. If they do the same against the Steelers with Leftwhich back there, it could be a disaster for the Steelers.

Comment

leftwich is much more decisive than dixon, the pass blocking will hold up, especially without hartwig at center
            E]

Comment

With concrete shoes controlling the Pitt offense we should be able to get to him at least 2-3 times this game. I am so glad we got rid of him because unless you give him 5+ seconds in the pocket he is pretty much useless.

If I was Pitt I'd go with Charlie Batch who I've always been a fan of.

Comment

Byron Leftwich gives us much more of a chance of winning than Batch does. Trust us. He knows the offense and has a cannon of an arm to hit Wallace deep.

Caddy, if you get to Byron 2-3 times only, then our offensive line has won the day. Just FYI. I'm thinking each team probably gets 4-5 sacks. But the Steelers are used to that. And know how to play with that being the case. I expect Timmons to have a ridiculous day again. And Woodley must come ready to ball. He is our only LBer who weighs more than Freeman, so he will have the easiest job of bringing him down.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

james harrison begs to differ lol
                  E]

Comment

If 2-3 sacks is your offensive line winning the battle I hate to see it when it loses. 4-5 sacks per team seems incredibly generous to me.

Comment

steelers giving up 5 sacks and winning the game pretty easily is not a rarity at all
                      E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                        james harrison begs to differ lol
                        Wouldn't surprise me but I am just going by what NFL.com has them listed as.

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                        If 2-3 sacks is your offensive line winning the battle I hate to see it when it loses. 4-5 sacks per team seems incredibly generous to me.
                        And as KTrain said, 5 sacks and still winning has been done many many times over the last 5 years.

Yall got me super pumped for this game now. I'll throw out some predictions before the game.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

batch named starter...i could easily see the bucs winning now
                          E]

Comment

I think this will be a hard fought game, but I'm making predictions on this game basically from what i've seen from pittsburgh in the first 2 games. Their offense is not a threat, and has only produced 1 td in 2 games and a total of 27 points in two games.

Their defense has carried them the whole way and special teams contributed in a huge way in week 2.

I don't see this game as a high scoring game at all and see a 10-7, or 13-10 result.

Tampa's a very young team, (2nd youngest in the league), but very talented and motivated team. No doubt this team is going to be a contender in a year or 2, but right now, yes, they can show their inexperience against a defense like pittsburhg.

But, this team has got back to doing what they do best, and thats forcing turnovers and putting pressure on the QB. Dating back to the end of last year, they showed a ton of improvement against Seattle, New Orleans, and Atlanta, allowing a combined 41 points in 3 games (13.6 ppg). Thats great especially against qb's like drew brees and matt ryan.

Now, that momentum has carried over to this season, with a big difference in Freeman and the run defense.

Freeman showed flashes last year of a promising future ahead. He hit the books, weights, practice field, and is a film room junkie. He has all the physical tools, and has got the mental aspect down, especially at 22 years old. From watching tape of the Panthers game, when the plays not their, he either runs or throws the ball away.

If the Bucs defense can force a couple turnovers and the offense doesn't make many mistakes, I think Tampa pulls out with a win in a tight one. But this is Pittsburgh defense, so it's hard to say. They can rattle any QB in the NFL, but I love Freeman's poise and pocket awareness. He can side step, shed tacklers and make plays with his legs, and throwing on the run.
                            Plus, the steelers going down to the humid and hot Tampa, FL wearing black can be difficult in the 2nd half, when our defense and Josh Freeman seem to be at their best.

Looking forward to an amazing game Sunday! (or dog fight, both will be entertaining)

Comment

Well, just breaking news i heard of, Tanard Jackson is out for the year for substance abuse policy. HUGE BLOW TO OUR SECONDARY

Comment

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Link

2nd Link

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy; 09-22-2010, 04:18 PM.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information