No announcement yet.

Steelers vs Bucs week 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If our offense shows improvement over the last two weeks, the Steelers win easily. No disrespect towards the Bucs, but I don't think they're ready to take the next step and beat an elite team yet. If Matt Ryan/Roddy White/Michael Turner and Vince Young/CJ2K cannot move on the Steelers defense, I doubt Freeman and company will. I like the Bucs. They have shocked me dearly. They're playing well. I just think reality will set in on Sunday. Can they beat the Steelers? Sure. I don't doubt anything after last season, but this is a motivated and pissed off defense. In year's past, that has proved to be a very dangerous thing for the other team's offense. If the Steelers don't show up and if the Bucs play their A game, they will win though. I just don't see it yet. Gimme another year or so before I think they can be up there as a playoff team.

Comment

Almost lose wasn't the right choice of words you are right... Garbage points or not The Steelers let them back in the game at the end, Nate had a pass hit him in the hands that would of been a TD, then they would have had to hit the 2pt. But yea a lot of what if's, your right..
      Anyways we shall see, I look forward to it...

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
        Lawrence Timmons and Barrett Ruud...two of the most underrated ILBers in the league...both will be extremely important in this game.
        Timmons >>>>>>>>> Ruud.

Ruud is the 3rd best linebacker on the the Bucs.
        save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
          Cody Grimm is starting at FS.
          I think this is just a one week thing in order to have a 4th LB on the field to stop the run.

I would be shocked if someone else is not at FS after the bye week. My money is on Ronde Barber.
          save Freeman

Comment

lol at mike williams drawing extra attention

i loved mike williams, i thought hed be the biggest steal before he himself announced hed be the biggest steal....but hes still a rookie, a good one but not exactly a draw extra attention one
            E]

Comment

I'm kinda surprised people think the Steelers will take this one easily. Considering the garbage the Steelers have at QB, there isn't enough points there for this game to be a huge pointscorer. It'll be close well into the second half I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                I'm kinda surprised people think the Steelers will take this one easily. Considering the garbage the Steelers have at QB, there isn't enough points there for this game to be a huge pointscorer. It'll be close well into the second half I think.
                I was kind of thinking the same thing.Kind of reminds when Browns fans were thinking they woudl be fine with delhomme...obviously the Steelers are a much better team than the Browns but similar in the way that they are overlooking their craptastic QB

Comment

lol poor Browns.

Comment

I know I'm certainly not confident about going into a game with anyone but Ben behind the line.

That said, this team is incredible on defense and I think Freeman will have a worse day going against LeBeaus defense then Batch will playing against Tampa. I think Mendenhall is a better RB then Williams, our receivers are better, and our defense is certainly better.

Only way we can lose this game is with special teams or Batch turning the ball over. I don't have much faith in Batch, but I am confident he is smart enough to be careful with the ball.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Whichever way it goes, its going to be a close game...we have an elite defense and a poor offense, and the bucs have a good defense and a average/good offense. Thats a combo for a low scoring game!

Comment

I think work with the first team for a week will do wonders for Charlie instead of just throwing him out there. Now he won't throw for 450 yards and 5 TDs, but I could see 200 and a few TDs. Probably won't happen, though. Charlie would have had nice stats if a holding call didn't cancel out a TD and Hines caught that TD in the endzone.

Comment

wasnt that wallace?
                          E]

Comment

Wallace caught a TD, but it got called back due to I think Scott holding. He later dropped a first down, which made us kick a FG IIRC. Then we had to kick another FG because Hines dropped a fade route in the endzone.

Comment

ahhh, im oddly optimistic about mendenhall running behind the interior line of kemo, pouncey and legs.

if starks is ready to go, that could damn well be a perfect run blocking line
                              E]

Comment

lol at mike williams drawing extra attention
                                Please please please play Mike Williams straight up man to man....

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information