The more I watch Barrett Ruud...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I watch Barrett Ruud...

...the better I feel about our Front Office not giving him a contract extension. He gets blown out of the play and only makes tackles in the middle of the field. He can't shed off blockers. He is OVERRATED!

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
    ...the better I feel about our Front Office not giving him a contract extension. He gets blown out of the play and only makes tackles in the middle of the field. He can't shed off blockers. He is OVERRATED!
    Agreed! He's too soft...

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Agreed, we need a Patrick Willis type middle linebacker. Someone who can shed blocks, and make that TFL or sack. Not just a guy who can make a tackle 5 yards down the field. We need a playmaker, someone who forces turnovers, but i don't want just let Ruud go. Dominik should try to deal him, and see if we can get a mid-early 2nd rounder for him first.

/rant

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Nobody is going to trade for him because he is in his last year.

With RB looking like less of a need (Blount/Huggins), does ILB become a 1st round need? Are there any ILBs worthy of a 10-20 pick?
        save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
          Nobody is going to trade for him because he is in his last year.

With RB looking like less of a need (Blount/Huggins), does ILB become a 1st round need? Are there any ILBs worthy of a 10-20 pick?
          Josh Bynes is a guy i like for our D, but Dont'a Hightower, Linebacker from Alabama is the clear cut #1 ILB in the draft. but He looks better suited as a 3-4 ILB at the next level. He's a more athletic version of Rolando McClain, If we do go ILB, a guy like Bynes can be had in the early second round, but i expect his stock to increase throughout the season.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Kelvin Sheppard from LSU is another one MLB I like, along with Quan Sturdavant. Sheppard is a very athletic MLB that is great against the run and very good dropping in to zone coverage. He'd be a great fit for our defense.

Greg Jones is the best fit, but he is more likely to be a mid-late first round pick, and we need a DE in the worst way, and even a safety.

Comment

Black might be a good Mike. Pick up a Sam later on or in FA.

Comment

He might not be the best ILB floating around the NFL, but I reckon he is a lot better than some of the other scrubs we'd be using if we didn't have him.

Comment

Thoughts on Dekoda Watson so far?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
                    Thoughts on Dekoda Watson so far?
                    Haven't seen enough of him in our sytem to really form an opinion. I know he's by far our best pass rushing LB, he showed flashes in Miami game. I had a strange idea of putting Watson as the #2 MLB. I'm not a fan of Adam Hayward!

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Hayward has a brother, Nigel, that owns/operates an auto repair shop out here in the same town I live. lol

I was wondering if putting our three fastest LBs on the field at the same time was a possibility.(Watson, Black and Hayes) who would play Mike out of the three in this scenario?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Could be a possibility moving Black to the MLB. However, it took him a couple years to adjust to Strong side Lb and just to crack the lineup and make his impact. I don't know if he is a MLB.

Comment

Ruud's time is over. Luckily it's looking like the best MLB class in a few years with Jones, Hightower, Sheppard, Bynes, and Sturdivant all really good prospects.

Comment

Hightower is definitely the cream of the crop there. Jones and Sturdivant are both good but they're not 1st round caliber imo.

Nate Irving would be perfect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYUk4VHIwGY explosive, hard-hitting sideline to sideline backer. He's much more aggressive and physical than Ruud but still agile enough to handle the T2 zone drops.

Also he survived this...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I 100% agree that Ruud should not get a fat contract from us. Maybe once a year does he blow up a play in the backfield. Not saying he sucks cause he doesn't, still a top 10 MIB in the NFL and most likely the best coverage MIB in the NFL and if we played Tampa 2 80% of the time like we did 8 to 10 years ago he would be perfect, but we don't so he's not.

But just remember when we let Ruud walk or trade him we all are going to watch the next MIB get burned by some TE and RB on pass plays.

There's only one Willis or Lewis thats what makes them GREAT MIB... They can do it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information