Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers mailbag (per ESPN)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers mailbag (per ESPN)

    LINK

    Discuss.

    "I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

  • #2
    I just can't believe that we might actually have our very own franchise QB. It's awesome!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Caddy View Post
      I just can't believe that we might actually have our very own franchise QB. It's awesome!
      I've considered Freeman the franchise QB since the end of last year. I had nothing but complete confidence in him going into the year. If we actually had a run game and WRs that get separation...wow.

      We need Merriman really bad, but Pat is probably right that we won't go after him.

      Rules are made to be broken. I like that we stuck with the same guys from last year and I like the youth movement, but exceptions can be made (Ronde). A dynamic pass rusher like Merriman would make a huge difference, especially because our safety situation is shaky.

      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • #4
        I am on the fence in regards to Lights Out, to be honest. I live out here in So Cal and have seen him play a lot. He seems to have turned into an average player with out the juice, IMO. I know he's been injured too, but just how it looks to me.

        /shrugs

        "I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by etk View Post
          I've considered Freeman the franchise QB since the end of last year. I had nothing but complete confidence in him going into the year. If we actually had a run game and WRs that get separation...wow.

          We need Merriman really bad, but Pat is probably right that we won't go after him.

          Rules are made to be broken. I like that we stuck with the same guys from last year and I like the youth movement, but exceptions can be made (Ronde). A dynamic pass rusher like Merriman would make a huge difference, especially because our safety situation is shaky.
          I've been riding the Freeman hype-train since he led us to victory over the Packers last year!

          Scratch that. I've been on the hype train from day one. One of the few!

          Comment


          • #6
            I still have my ticket from before the draft when I first got on that train, Caddy. lol

            "I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

            Comment


            • #7
              I was definately anti-Freeman during that draft, although I did somewhat come around a few days after it happened(as most fans do). Thank god I was wrong though.

              Comment


              • #8
                I was disappointed at first, i wanted Harvin, but that would just set back our rebuilding a year. I been happy with the pick ever since the Green Bay. Check out the avi. :)


                Mike Will & V-Jax

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
                  I am on the fence in regards to Lights Out, to be honest. I live out here in So Cal and have seen him play a lot. He seems to have turned into an average player with out the juice, IMO. I know he's been injured too, but just how it looks to me.

                  /shrugs
                  TBH that would be a significant upgrade for us.

                  Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
                  I still have my ticket from before the draft when I first got on that train, Caddy. lol
                  I never bought Freeman pre-draft because of the production and inconsistency. I came around 1-2 days after the draft after I extensively looked at his film and realized his potential. We were in a situation where we had to take a QB with his skillset to have a fighting chance at any point in the next 5 years. Turns out he was a lot less risky than most expected because of his understated intangibles.

                  QBs are a handful to evaluate, but especially when they attend Kansas State and no one really knows their story. No one expect Raheem who fortunately coached him and knew him inside and out.

                  The one thing that caught me off guard that draft was hearing Raheem say Freeman was our #1 target. I thought our FO was on drugs. I guess if we all knew what Raheem knew we would've felt similarly.

                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was also very much on the Suh (I was formerly aboynamedsuh lol) train going into his senior year at Nebraska, too.

                    His stats support him being a monster. I haven't seen him play at all this year. Just ESPN highlights.

                    "I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
                      I was disappointed at first, i wanted Harvin, but that would just set back our rebuilding a year. I been happy with the pick ever since the Green Bay. Check out the avi. :)
                      LMAO

                      AWESOME Avatar!

                      "I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X

                      Debug Information