Big Visits Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Visits Today

Cato June, Chris Draft & Charles Grant all visited today.

June is the only one that isn't old news, and I'm not sure what plans we would have with him if he signed. He is not very physical as a LB and he definitely can't play SLB for us, so if we signed him it would be a waste if he was a backup. I wouldn't mind signing him to play S, his old college position and original drafted position. He has the speed to play safety for us, and he would be an above-average hitter at the very least for the position.

Draft is probably the most likely Buc of the 3, but those are all proven defensive players, so this is pretty exciting.

sig by BoneKrusher

June could probably come cheap, so using him as a backup wouldn't be that bad.

Comment

june will not come cheap, i am sure of that

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        june will not come cheap, i am sure of that
        I agree, he has put up some good numbers over the past 2 years, especially INT numbers, so he will get his cut. Just because he hasn't signed yet doesn't mean he's cheap, especially with the new salary cap. He just hasn't found the right home for the right price yet, but it will come for him. It's probably not Tampa though.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The Bucs are not expected to try to sign Charles Grant to an offer sheet.

By hosting him Friday, Tampa was reportedly getting acquinted with the Saints' franchise player, as he may be available on the free agent market in 2008 or 2009. The Bucs aren't willing to forfeit two first-round picks.

www.rotoworld.com is the source.

I like this move...if we play our cards right this draft we can have a good draft after CJ
          Dolfan since 1979

Comment

Charles Grant=Buccaneer 2008. All the more reason not to draft Gaines Adams :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

omg. whats next for the colts LB staff. June's leaving [headshake]

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

do u guys think june would be open to switching to safety, and would he be able to adapt quickly enough

Comment

I don't think he wants to regress back to being a safety. I mean linebacker is the most glorious position in football, and I would be hurt if a coach wanted me to revert back to being a safety. That actually happened before, and let's just say I was better suited for OLB.

Seriously, linebackers make more money than safeties, and why would he want to switch. If we signed him and asked him to do that, we would be implying that he's not good enough to start at LB on our team. I don't think he will take that kindly.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

June a backup? lol, June come cheap? even bigger lol

the reason he hasnt been signed is cause he wants big money, and he would be alot more than a backup

Comment

Originally posted by Bucsfan View Post
                      June a backup? lol, June come cheap? even bigger lol

the reason he hasnt been signed is cause he wants big money, and he would be alot more than a backup
                      Its all well and good to say he hasn't signed because he wants big money, but if he wants to play football he might have to take what he can get.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                        Its all well and good to say he hasn't signed because he wants big money, but if he wants to play football he might have to take what he can get.
                        Theres no way he will sign on to be a backup anywhere, he will resign to the colts instead.
                        "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

with june signing, that means we are likely to draft DE and Safety in the draft, and I think thats very good

Comment

I never thought we would draft an OLB anyway

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                              I never thought we would draft an OLB anyway
                              Yet we still might? (if the right guy is available at the right time?)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information