Shawne Merriman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawne Merriman

Do we take a chance on him and try to see if he can help with our anemic pass rush?

He's still only 26.

Thoughts?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Does his contract expire this season?

Comment

He hasn't been productive ever since, well, he got caught on the PED's. Don't want him

Comment

I would love to see if he can play some DE for us. Or I hate it but it looks like that 3-3-5 will be around all season... He could be a Rush backer from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
          Does his contract expire this season?
          Not sure.

LINK

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

If his contract expires this season I'd be all for it. That way we take a look and see whether or not he has anything in the tank. If he doesn't we don't lose out on anything and can cut ties at the end of the season.

Apparently we are like 25th in the waiver order so I'm not sure if we have a shot.

Comment

No. He hasn't been productive since his injury and getting off the juice.
              "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

He was a restricted free-agent and tendered.

I would be surprised if Buffalo or 49ers don't grab him.

Comment

We did put in a claim for him, but Buffalo was awarded Merriman.

LINK

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information