• Show
Clear All

• Bucs sign Cato

It is official

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsd...px?newsid=5706

Boo: waste of money

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Where is he going to play? I doubt weakside because of Brooks, Ruud needs to develop in the middle, and I don't think I've ever heard of Cato playing the Strong side.

Comment

LB is a need on this football team, no question about it. As is SS, where June played in college. While this move doesnt neccessarily make sense for this season, June could be the long term replacement for Brooks. In a couple of seasons, the trio of June, Winborn, and Ruud sounds pretty solid.

With Brooks on this team, where does June play? In my opinion, he would struggle at strongside LB, where he is undersized.

So that leaves moving Brooks (June at WLB), moving Ruud (June at MLB), or allowing June to play SS.

My vote would be for June to play SS.

Comment

I really don't see why we would sign an all pro LB to play S???

June will start IMO, why would he have signed to play back-up, he would have stayed and started with the Colts!

Where ever he lines up, he will give us options.

I don't have a link, but ESPN are saying just over 12mill for 3 years, though the deal will be looked at within those 3 years, if thats the case, well done Allen/Gruden, June will have an incentive to produce.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2802252

heres the link, ya its 3 years 12 mil. pretty good contract considering the market

Comment

he is going to play either SS or SLB

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

And you were all saying he wouldn't come cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                  I really don't see why we would sign an all pro LB to play S???

June will start IMO, why would he have signed to play back-up, he would have stayed and started with the Colts!

Where ever he lines up, he will give us options.

I don't have a link, but ESPN are saying just over 12mill for 3 years, though the deal will be looked at within those 3 years, if thats the case, well done Allen/Gruden, June will have an incentive to produce.
                  He is not all pro!! He made the Pro Bowl one year because he racked up 5 INTs for 2 TDs......shows how ridiculous the Pro Bowl is. He is not a Pro Bowl caliber LB.....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                    He is not all pro!! He made the Pro Bowl one year because he racked up 5 INTs for 2 TDs......shows how ridiculous the Pro Bowl is. He is not a Pro Bowl caliber LB.....
                    When you take in to account what the pro bowl is. If he makes it, he is a pro bowl quality player. It is a popularity contest and if he was popular enough to make it then he is a pro bowl type player.

Comment

Great signing, he is a good improvement to our defense, hopefully the draft goes as well as this offseason

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                        Appologies again, I meant a pro bowl LB.

So the pro bowl is ridiculous, yet you go onto say he's not even a pro bowl caliber LB???

I'm more than happy with this signing and especially the contract, the fact the deal will be revisisted within the 3 years, will act as a great motivator for June, well done Allen/Gruden.

Comment

june played Safety at michigan

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher28 View Post
                            He is going to play linebacker

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher28 View Post
                              So did Ernest Shazor, what's your point??

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information